NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Yeah, I know, but Eagles fans are crazy. They basically hate everybody. Even amateur Eagles fans are a force to be reckoned with, or at least from where I'm from. But even still, I don't hold anything against them (cuz I'm just so damn nice).

Luckily, a single mention of "The Dream Team" makes them shudder away into a corner.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness to that team, all that was said was Vince Young saying it was like a dream to play on that team and then hype intensified to the max with them. Sports media is really dumb most of the time.

I was sad to hear of the news of David Wilson because he looked so good until the injuries just piled on him.

Oh well I'm excited for some preseason games, get to start seein the rooks and vets in new places and start finding them sleepers for fantasy football.

I want to watch the games too, but Steeler games are rarely ever on TV here. ;_;

I CAN watch them online sometimes, but every now and then the videos freeze up and are shitty quality...

Thank you guys for reminding me. Fantasy football league, can I just see a general indication of who would want to do it this year. Helios is gone so we also need a new commissioner if we even run it this year.

My fav part of the offseason is Deadspin's "Why Your Team Sucks" series. They started the 2014 edition today with my team, the Tennessee Titans.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2014-tennessee-titans-1615667727

YES! I love these! I just can't wait for the Jets'. It'll basically be the same as every other Jets article I read, but at least they're blunt about it.

I can try to be commish this time but we need interest before I try.

I haven't caught many Giants games outside of NYG@CHI TNF, did Wilson really look that good in limited snaps? I've heard him compared favorably to Sproles so...

He's alive, I text him every once in a while, he's busy with school and work and all that. He has some funny snapchats tho

Edited by Lord Raven

Fantasy, you say? I tried that for the first time in 2012 when some of my old friends from when I was in High School were looking for people on Facebook to join their league. I got really lucky and picked RGIII in one of the final rounds of the draft. He carried my team for most of the season, but I still fell apart towards the end (some admittedly dumb trades had a lot to do with that) and didn't even make the playoffs. I held off playing again last year because I knew I probably wouldn't be able to get one of the best fantasy players in a late round again.

I think I'll give it another shot here if there's enough interest to start up the league again.

Edit: To get an idea of how dumb my trades were, I remember trading Alfred Morris for Ryan Fitzpatrick after Fitzpatrick had one good game. I mean, it was a 2 QB League and my non-RGIII QB was underperforming at the time, but it was still colossally stupid.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Fantasy football seems fun, but I think I'd rather play Madden. lol (I did have fun playing NFL Blitz on N64, after all, even though I totally sucked at it XD)

The Steelers play Saturday, against the Giants. I'll lol if Ike Taylor picks Eli off again. XD

And it seems I can buy a subscription to watch NFL preseason games live for just $20! That's a really good deal, even for just four games (I'll probably be able to watch the Panthers play on TV all four of their games since this is North Carolina). :o

Finished my Panthers logo sprite. ^^

Now I'm all set! I just hope I can get to a TV tomorrow evening to watch the Panthers. xP I don't know if my parents will be using them all, ugh. There ARE two TVs downstairs, but they have a habit of drowning one another out.

And the Pats lost big time to the Redskins. lol

Talk about one-sided games here. But the Ravens are scaring me now. xP

EDIT: Haha, and the Broncos are currently playing it out with the Seahawks. They must want revenge for the Super Bowl. XD

Edited by Anacybele

And the Pats lost big time to the Redskins. lol

Talk about one-sided games here. But the Ravens are scaring me now. xP

EDIT: Haha, and the Broncos are currently playing it out with the Seahawks. They must want revenge for the Super Bowl. XD

You realize half our starters never saw the field right? But damn garropolo looked good in the fourth. I don't put a lot of wait in preseason though. But it's wierd cause he's apparently being sucking in practice recently.

You realize half our starters never saw the field right? But damn garropolo looked good in the fourth. I don't put a lot of wait in preseason though. But it's wierd cause he's apparently being sucking in practice recently.

Really? I thought during the preseason, all the starters played for the first quarter or so, then the second strings come in, then the third strings and so on. I didn't know, sorry...

Edited by Anacybele

Really? I thought during the preseason, all the starters played for the first quarter or so, then the second-strings come in, then the third strings and so on. I didn't know, sorry...

Brady turned 37 today. I would be complaining if he went out and risked injury in the first preseason game. Probably 1 series in each of the next 2 then nothing in the 4th game. But our starters who were missing today, Ammendola, Edleman, Dobson, Gronk, Brady, Mayo, Revis, McCourty, Jones, Ninkovich, Wilfork(Played a series), and I think mankins.

But watching Thea O-Line was enough to piss me off for a week, even with the majority of our starters it sucked.

Edited by Randa

You know it's the preseason when the Ravens beat the Niners 23-3.

We beat them 34-31 in the Super Bowl (that probably would've been a blowout if the lights didn't go out) and we beat them 16-6 in 2011. ~_~

If anything, losing to the Niners indicates we're in the preseason. (Also same with losing to the Cowboys - fun fact is that the Ravens have never lost to them before). Although you REALLY know it's the preseason when the Saints beat the Rams.

Although our offense torched their first team defense (which was really their defense with a bunch of backups in the front 7 and their secondary).

Edited by Lord Raven

Maaan, if the Panthers had actually been able to pull out a win after what they were doing yesterday, just whoa. They sure tried their damndest though, with those lucky breaks they got around the end. Joe Webb looked pretty damn good too, almost like Cam Newton trained him himself. Cam Newton couldn't play though, he was still recovering from ankle surgery or something. I hope he'll be 100% when the main season starts. But holy crap, Webb got two TD passes that were at least 30 yards in just this ONE game!

He sounds familiar though, did he play with the Vikings previously or something?

Anyway, I'm wearing my Troy Polamalu jersey, so I'm ready for some Steeler football today! ^^

Edited by Anacybele

You generally don't want to read too much into preseason games. The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason, and the 2007 Patriots went 2-2.

Hell, even the Browns are capable of doing pretty well in the preseason. We went 3-1 last year and 2-2 in 2012. In 2011 we only won one preseason game but it was against the Packers who went on to go 15-1 in the regular season.

So, yeah, preseason wins and losses don't mean shit.