NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Lord Raven: Yeah, and I admitted that I've seen Ben and Cam play more often and that I could be wrong.

So yeah. I guess I'm wrong.

But Ben stays healthy most of the time. He WAS suspended for four games because of stupid shit on his part, but other than that, he hasn't missed much as far as I know. Also, he was able to play really well with a sprained ankle and broken nose.

I'm not saying he should still be above those other QBs, I just feel some people don't give Ben enough credit.

Randa: The Broncos aren't one of my favorite teams. And I put Pey-Pey above both Ben and Newton. That's not bias.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You love Peyton Manning to death so it is still bias. Ben missed almost 3-4 games every season prior to 2013, suspension or not.

I'm not saying he should still be above those other QBs, I just feel some people don't give Ben enough credit.

People give Ben too much credit if anything. He's a Tier 2 QB and nothing more than that. There's nothing wrong with that.

How can I "love Peyton Manning to death" when I haven't even watched him half as many times as I've watched Ben? It's just that when I DID watch him, he did some sweet stuff.

I don't recall ever mentioning him in this thread until I mentioned ranking some favorite QBs. :/

The last thread though, I do remember mentioning him. But only a few times, such as when he and Eli did that Football On Your Phone rap.

I agree that Dalton may have a better supporting cast than Flacco- however I don't see much that indicates that the Bengals will have any less of an effective passing offense this year which is the main point. It's hard to point out Andy Dalton as a regular season weakness given the numbers.

Most analysts will agree with Brady, Peyton Manning, Brees, Rodgers as the top 4 quarterbacks from what I've seen.

Yeah, I've noticed that too about the QBs. I also supposed that it always kind of annoyed me that the only reason my brother seems to like the Packers is because of Rodgers. xP

I don't dislike the Packers, but he claims to be a fan when he doesn't even watch any games, regardless of who's playing. And he thinks the Panthers suck even though I TOLD him that they won the NFC South last season! Grrr.

I agree that Dalton may have a better supporting cast than Flacco- however I don't see much that indicates that the Bengals will have any less of an effective passing offense this year which is the main point. It's hard to point out Andy Dalton as a regular season weakness given the numbers.

Well Marvin Jones was just injured and they're gonna have to rely on Bernard to be the entire running game.

Andy's regular seasons are marred by inconsistencies; he has a few monster games (he threw like 5 TDs against the Jets for instance, in Cincy though, and torched Indy/Detroit/Buffalo/Minnesota which were pretty banged up by the time they got to Cindy) and just as many really really bad games (both Ravens games, both Cleveland games, Miami, both Steelers games). He's really not that great.

As for their passing offense, I see potential weakness in having new coordinators even though they have some familiarity with players (new defensive coordinator = more points given up = forcing a passing game, new OC = not as effective offense). They are also going against much better pass defenses this year compared to last, while not improving much. The Bengals aren't set to take a step back so much as stay the same, while the other teams in the division took a step or two forward.

I suppose the Steelers and Ravens might look better on paper, but we'll see. Facing better pass defenses is almost a certainty though, as every team in the NFC North last year really had no pass defense at all. That probably inflated the numbers of every division that played them somewhat.

Also the thing about the Bengals D itself is that Geno Atkins is coming off an ACL tear... and he's a top-5 NT/DT. That'll give their defense some issues as far as pressure goes.

Ana, she was talking about the fact that the AFCN went against the NFCN last year. This year it's AFCN vs NFCS and the NFCS has much better defenses (Buccs and Saints to name two, and Panthers have a good front 7) than the NFCN.

Edited by Lord Raven

All right, I guess I'll kick off predictions for 2014.

Green Bay at Seattle- Picking defending Super Bowl Champions at home seems like a good idea

Buffalo at Chicago- Chicago should have one of the higher scoring offenses in the league, Buffalo has...EJ Manuel?

New Orleans at Atlanta- Atlanta nearly won against the Saints last year despite a multitude of injuries, they're usually a tough home team.

Cincinnati at Baltimore- A toss up, going with the home team here.

Jacksonville at Philadelphia- Jaguars just don't have the weapons to keep up I think

Washington at Houston- I don't really trust Fitzpatrick, but Washington looks to have QB issues of their own...at least Houston should have a good defense.

Cleveland at Pittsburgh- Browns don't have Gordon, Steelers usually beat the Browns anyway and are at home.

Minnesota at St. Louis- I think the Rams will struggle with Bradford out and the Vikings defense should be significantly improved from last year.

Tennessee at Kansas City- Much has been made of the Chiefs losing players in the offseason, but I think they're still talented enough to beat mediocre teams at home.

New England at Miami- I don't think the Dolphins have enough firepower to compete with a healthy Patriots team

Oakland at NY Jets- Despite offensive issues, the Jets should at least have a solid defense. Oakland is probably due for another bottom dweller year just like the past 12 or so.

San Francisco at Dallas- Dallas had one of the worst defenses in the league last year and injuries and free agency have probably made them worse

Carolina at Tampa Bay- There's been a lot of talk about Carolina being weak on the offensive line and at wide receiver, but I think their front 7 should be successful against a questionable Bucs O line.

Indianapolis at Denver- Denver's made some moves in free agency to likely be even better and picking the AFC Champions at home seems like a safe bet.

NY Giants at Detroit- I think the Lions will be able to pressure Eli Manning as the Giants O line does not seem to have improved much

San Diego at Arizona- I see these teams both as strong wild card contenders- went with the home team.

Edited by -Cynthia-

If the past were to predict the future then we wouldn't see these games in the past two years:

Cardinals@Seahawks

Ravens@Browns

Ravens@Texans

and so on and so forth. At any rate, though....

GB@SEA - We all saw how the Broncos were mutilated in the Super Bowl - that's what you get when you have a primarily passing offense. However I can predict this to be a good game, because Lacy is a solid back whereas the Broncos couldn't run the ball worth a damn with Moreno or Hillman.

BUF@CHI - Buffalo's out their two best defenders and Corey Graham is not a good outside corner. Chicago's offense is ridiculous and it's played in Chicago.

NO@ATL - Atlanta has a terrible pass rush and the Saints offense AND defense are slated to get better. Saints seem to be running the ball more often, and the Falcons defense is still brimming with question marks. The Saints defense has also improved from last year, and last year the Saints defense was phenomenal.

CIN@BAL - Dalton threw 7 picks to Baltimore last year; our pass rush and secondary are more or less the same, and our offense is significantly better. The Bengals are more the same or less effective than last year.

JAX@PHI - Henne is starting right?

WAS@HOU - Houston's secondary is suspect, but Washington's passing is suspect. I think it'll be a close enough game that I can't call either way because both teams were outed last year for their lack of depth, poor special teams, and the fact that despite having the DPOY and the #1 overall pick you still need a good secondary and 5 other members of your front 7 to pick up the slack.

CLE@PIT - Browns D could stymie the Steelers a little bit, but they will flounder on offense absolutely, and the Steelers will get the edge over them. If Ben Tate is worth a damn and Hoyer is any good this could be close, but as it stands... not really.

MIN@STL - Minnesota's run game is way too good; St. Louis does not have that great a run defense. Their pass game is suspect but St. Louis can neutralize their pass rush - but what's the point if AD can kill the Rams' run defense? My only thing would be if Norv Turner summoned his inner Cam Cameron or Don Coryell and kept passing the ball (and that's the only way the Ramms would win) but I doubt that would happen. Turner's on a bit of a leash.

TEN@KC - It's a wash. Neither team is any good. I guess the Chiefs offense was pretty good towards the tail end of last year?

NE@MIA - Don't let the players fool you; this game will be close. I think NE will pull it off by a hair, but I wouldn't count Miami out.

OAK@NYJ - Schaub is a shell of what he used to be after that lisfranc injury. The Raiders are also a very old team and their offense is not going to be great at all; Jets D is very good and Jets O is actually looking pretty decent too. Decent enough to get them wins anyway.

SF@DAL - Fun fact, Dallas had one of the worst defenses in history last year. And between then and now they've lost a lot of their best playmakers while not upgrading anything - they're slated to be worse. SF goes as Gore does and if Gore can't run the ball effectively (due to age) and if Kaepernick can't find people open then they probably can't sustain a shootout against Dallas, but if Gore is healthy and not feeling his age then SF will wreck Dallas. Don't count Dallas out of anything either; their offense is ridiculous and they had one of the best offensive lines in the league last year.

CAR@TB - Jeff Tedford is TB's OC. You know who Jeff Tedford coached? Kyle Boller, Trent Dilfer, and Aaron Rodgers; and even Rodgers had to spend time on the bench before he hit this level, basically learning everything from Mike McCarthy. I'm convinced that either last year was an aberration or a mix of everything wonderful happening at once for Josh McCown, but he does have two big receivers (one young one kinda old) to throw to, but I'm not convinced the Buccs' offensive line can handle the Carolina pass rush, especially since they lost Zuttah (who was basically their best lineman last year). McCown can't scramble around like Cam does, although the TB receivers are a huge mismatch against CAR's secondary and if the Panthers secondary doesn't hold then you can expect this to swing the other way.

IND@DEN - Indy has a good pass defense, so Denver needs to be able to pound the rock. If Denver plays like it did last year they are dead in the water - Denver could not get to an early lead in any of their games last year and they fell behind quite a lot (or almost allowed comebacks). If this team's pass rush gets back to form (with Ware/Miller back on their DL) and their secondary holds then it goes to Denver, but Wayne/Hilton/Nicks/Allen could spell trouble for Denver's secondary.

NYG@DET - Giants receivers, run game, and offensive line are terrible... Lions run defense is great, and they have good coaching now (to some extent - Caldwell seems to be more of a maintainer type of coach than a gameplanner. He's not bad at gameplanning, and he's a lot more disciplined than Jim Schwartz was). I wouldn't expect the Giants to do anything to the Lions.

SD@ARI - San Diego ain't shit. Arizona's secondary will pose problems for a San Diego team who only has Keenan Allen, the only issue is if the Arizona front 7 will generate pressure or cover Tight Ends effectively with the loss of three of their best defensive players (I believe they were linebackers). At any rate, the Chargers defense is horrendous and I believe Palmer will have a good time picking them apart, especially because the Chargers' pass rush won't give them that much pressure in the pocket unless they blitz - and against Floyd, Fitzgerald, and Ellington as well as Palmer himself I don't think Blitzing is a great idea.

This is why Cowboys are currently a lackluster team :'D

Man I thought Rivers was ballsy playing with a torn ACL, but bringing down a man as a QB must be humiliating, and an actual QB trying to tackle is rare too.

Edited by Zephyr

Rivers is also 6'5" and 228 (as of the combine - he's bound to have gotten heavier), not quite as heavy as a linebacker but still a pretty big guy.

Now here's a guy built like a linebacker

Yeah, seriously...

Also, I heard something about accusations towards the Seahawks that they were cheating. But I sure hope they weren't, we do not need a repeat of the Patriots' old behavior.

Edited by Anacybele