NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, also, Derek Anderson completed 70% of his passes today against the Bucs. That's pretty dang good for a backup QB if I do say so myself!

... and he's another QB the Browns got rid of (though, admittedly, he was kind of a dick and said "Cleveland doesn't deserve a championship").

... and he's another QB the Browns got rid of (though, admittedly, he was kind of a dick and said "Cleveland doesn't deserve a championship").

That's funny, because my stepdad said Manziel is an ass. lol

Derek Anderson was also a cruddy qb, he managed to get a good game out of checkdowns and playing not to turn the ball over

He was against a good defense though. This wasn't really a high scoring game.

That's funny, because my stepdad said Manziel is an ass. lol

Your stepdad is correct, and that's one of the reasons I like Hoyer more (and part of the reason I didn't like the choice to draft Manziel). But if Manziel ends up being good for Cleveland, I can put up with him being an asshole. I mean, at least he's not a rapist or anything.

*growls*

Sorry, but I'm REALLY fucking sick of all the rapist jokes people throw at Ben. Even if he HAD raped someone, which we'll never know for sure, he hasn't done it again since as far as anyone knows and he got his shit together. He's a really respectable guy now who doesn't deserve one bit of the shit people have given him for that incident. He got married, is raising two kids, and has become a role model for other kids. I saw him get chest pumped by a kid and he was happy with it!

Sure, he isn't perfect, but nobody is.

It's not the past that makes a person. It's how they develop from it. Ben made the right choices and changed himself for the better. And for all we know, that girl just accused Ben of rape to get attention. It's been known to happen. On top of that, this was FIVE YEARS AGO. Can't people fucking move on the way this guy has?

*growls*

Sorry, but I'm REALLY fucking sick of all the rapist jokes people throw at Ben. Even if he HAD raped someone, which we'll never know for sure, he hasn't done it again since as far as anyone knows and he got his shit together. He's a really respectable guy now who doesn't deserve one bit of the shit people have given him for that incident. He got married, is raising two kids, and has become a role model for other kids. I saw him get chest pumped by a kid and he was happy with it!

Sure, he isn't perfect, but nobody is.

It's not the past that makes a person. It's how they develop from it. Ben made the right choices and changed himself for the better. And for all we know, that girl just accused Ben of rape to get attention. It's been known to happen. On top of that, this was FIVE YEARS AGO. Can't people fucking move on the way this guy has?

I'm sick and tired how people can't Succop how Chargers shouldn't have made it to the playoffs and should've been the Steelers. Can't people move on that they made it. [/shot]

I'm sick and tired how people can't Succop how Chargers shouldn't have made it to the playoffs and should've been the Steelers. Can't people move on that they made it. [/shot]

Exactly what does this have to do with anything? I even said earlier in the thread that the Steelers didn't really deserve to go anyway. Maybe I said so in the past, but I've changed my mind since then.

You said it in the same post where you said they didn't deserve it, you really switch your stance often and within your posts.

At any rate, Derek Anderson throwing check downs is the only reason he got anything done; he had one good throw over 20 yards and thats just about it.

And holy shit this Denver/Indy game lol, Adam Gase is dumb as shit for throwing twice with 3 minutes left even though they won the game anyway. Bradley Roby got Reggie Wayne though which was ridic.

Reggie Wayne looks REALLY good despite coming off an ACL tear. Jeeeez

Well, I'm sticking with the Steelers not having deserved to go. So I won't be "switching stances" there anymore. :P

But geez, it looks like everyone's teams lost but mine. That's a real bummer. :(

Well, I'm sticking with the Steelers not having deserved to go. So I won't be "switching stances" there anymore. :P

But geez, it looks like everyone's teams lost but mine. That's a real bummer. :(

My team won! Although the Rams were very very shit, but a wins a win. Also Cordarelle Patterson is amazing and I'm so happy that Christian Ponder no longer starts for the Vikings.

Oh, okay. lol That's cool then!

I'm amazed at Antonio Brown's performance yesterday most of all. He looked like offensive player of the year material right there! If he keeps this up, he's a shoe-in for it. All those insane runs and dodging people left and right, and a couple sick catches, just whoa. Best Steeler receiver EVER.

Although, this poor guy will never hear the end of jokes about his kicking the Browns punter in the face. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, okay. lol That's cool then!

I'm amazed at Antonio Brown's performance yesterday most of all. He looked like offensive player of the year material right there! If he keeps this up, he's a shoe-in for it. All those insane runs and dodging people left and right, and a couple sick catches, just whoa. Best Steeler receiver EVER.

A WR isn't going to get offensive player of the year, I agree he did really well this week but realistically it's going to be a QB.

A WR isn't going to get offensive player of the year, I agree he did really well this week but realistically it's going to be a QB.

Ah, dang. Oh well, that does make sense anyway. :P

well, i hate the pats and the dolphins beat them, so that's a huge plus. also, my #2 team won (49ers) this week, so it's not all bad.

Sorry to say this, Lord Raven. But Ray Rice IS a wife beater. And the Ravens have given him the boot as a result. Punching his wife in an elevator and then dragging her out after she went unconscious? Yeah, that's just disgusting. Especially since this proves that he LIED about what had happened (the original story being that his wife attacked him first and he retaliated with an uppercut).

If people constantly joked about Ben's fiasco from years ago to Steeler fans when there wasn't even PROOF that he'd done anything, imagine what's going to come out of this for Ravens fans... Man, this is going to suck for them. I honestly feel bad, I really do. No fans deserve crap like this due to some team member's bullshit.

Edited by Anacybele

I am now of the opinion that Ray Rice should be suspended for at least a year if not permanently following the release of the elevator video. Disgusting.

Worst part is how he (most likely) convinced his wife to severely twist the story and outright lie to the public, Harbaugh, and Goodell about how it was a mutual fight and how he hit her in retaliation to her going Solange-crazy on him. It was one sided and the most she did was slap him in retaliation to something he did.

In the very best case (ie this is an isolated incident) this is a very good reason why I don't drink (fear of losing control - Rice was intoxicated but if he decked her like that there were far more issues with their relationship) and it's a very good lesson to people everywhere about perception and your actions rippling across the media. (Which many athletes need). In the worst case (not isolated) there will be significant more attention to DV in the NFL (even if the intent is PR) and the girls family will watch the wife's family more closely or basically separate the two.

I feel for Rice (because really his life has been very very tough, bear in mind his mother worked a lot and his father was gunned down in a drive-by when he was a year old so he had no father figure growing up) but there is no excuse for that incident. He's no longer a Raven and I just hope we don't have to cut someone soon so we are under the cap for this because I don't want it to affect someone's life outside of his own.

It's painful to think about this too because all I have is memories of the set of runs and emotions of our various playoff runs from 2008-2012 and the magical 2012 season ("Hey diddle diddle Ray Rice up the middle") and now I can't really think about them anymore without being reminded of this.

The implications towards our cap space and towards the NFLPA (namely in Goodell being able to make penalties harsher as he sees fit, as well as going against HIS OWN change he made months ago - Ray's first time offense became indefinite instead of six weeks, meaning he's setting a precedent towards being able to do what he wants to players) are abhorrent and both these things have their hands tied with this.

And it is really really sad to hear about considering all of the charity he does around the area I grew up in and the inner city of Baltimore (like restless amounts of charity, not just PR charity) and hell he even got some initiatives passed, both in terms of laws and whatnot, against bullying. He has done legitimately a lot for this city and it makes it that much harder to see and absorb something like that.

Edited by Lord Raven

I don't blame you, Lord Raven. When Ben got busted for accusations of sexual assault, I felt like I'd been admiring a monster all that time and whenever I saw his awesomeness I was reminded of how he could possibly be a rapist. He definitely is a better person now and doesn't appear to be making stupid decisions anymore, and for all we know, he had just been at the wrong place at the wrong time. But there's also still the fear that he's done some stupid shit without anyone finding out. I don't want to believe that this is the case, but it's unfortunately a real possibility.

It's not a fun feeling. At all.

Honestly, Ravens fans probably won't have to deal with as much about Rice as Steelers fans have to with Ben for two reasons.

1. Ray Rice's punishment was much harsher (as it deserves to be). He could very well be banned from the NFL for life. Ben got like, what, 4 or 5 games? I don't really remember.

2. Rice isn't a Ravens player anymore. I mean, you can certainly criticize the Ravens for not taking action until it was absolutely necessary, but regardless of when he was cut, Rice is gone from the team. If Rice is ever allowed to return to the league, it will be whatever team that picks him up that has to deal with being called out for having his abusive ass on their team. The "Ben Rapistberger" comments about the Steelers will probably stop when Ben retires, too.

As much as I don't like the Ravens, criticizing them for Ray Rice has no point since they stopped defending him.