Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

Okay, so I did find a nice use for the DexNav after all. Getting cool held items off Pokemon using Thief. :o

I didn't know the DexNav could show you the Pokemon's held item if it had one. I got another King's Rock and another Lucky Egg! I have my Kingdra holding a Lucky Egg now while the Anorith I'm training up is also holding one. Heh heh. I want to keep training them both and Kingdra is almost at the level where it learns Dragon Pulse.

Someone mentioned that. And some of those items are really nice (like the Metal Coats I keep grabbing off of Skarmory).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I said sorry. Sometimes so many new posts come in that you can end up skipping one or two by accident. I wasn't intentionally ignoring anyone. Geez.

Anyway, I'm just a few Pokemon away from finally seeing every one in the Hoenn Pokedex. I'll upgrade my trainer card again. :) All I need to do is breed for some baby/first stage Pokemon. When I catch their evolutions, of course.

After finally finding a shiny absol (with 3 star potential, sucker punch as egg move and super luck as ability i might add), I was finally able to progress. Even though I don't have a lot of time... this has been the first time in 3 weeks I've been able to touch my 3DS.

Current team consists of: Sceptile lvl 56 (someone had to faint all those absols, he won't be seeing a fight anytime soon). Gardevoir lvl 43, Roserade lvl 41, Masquerain lvl 41, Shiny Absol lvl 42 & Milotic lvl 31.

Mainstays are definitely Sceptile, Absol and Gardevoir. Roserade is solid, just as powerful as gardevoir, but having two grass types gave me some trouble around poison, steel and fire types (well duh, I was just too lazy to catch some mook to bench later on). Roserade will probably be benched alongside Masquerain however. The dual grass just isn't delivering a versatile play style and masquerain's stats are starting to become incredibly underwhelming, having half as much SpAtt as Gardevoir is not a good thing. Bagon is one replacement I'll be getting ASAP, haven't found a second one though...

Milotic is fine atm for contests, but having the swift sail sharpedo on your team is very handy...

Roserade and Masquerain will be mainstays for contests however, luckily i'm in lilycove right now.

So, I've heard all about these lv. 100 Blissey secret bases that can warrant a lot of exp points, and I'm considering taking advantage of that, but that seems like it requires Pokemon at least lv. 80 to defeat them without the battle lasting forever, even if the Blissey don't know any attacking moves. :/

The highest level Pokemon I have in AS is the Deoxys you capture in the Delta Episode, but...yeah. I don't really want to trade over my X team either even though they're all above lv. 80.

On another topic though, I've finally seen every Hoenn dex Pokemon, with the exception of Jirachi. I know it's not required since my trainer card upgraded, but the trade-back request I made in the trade thread is still open.

They blisseys all hold toxic orb and know the move healing wish, they KO themselves.

EDIT: I mean, the entire point is to give lvl 1 pokemon a huge EXP dump, it's not to overlevel high level pokemon, the core idea is to quickly level bred pokemon to higher levels.

Edited by Vicious Sal

They blisseys all hold toxic orb and know the move healing wish, they KO themselves.

Healing wish doesn't work on the last one or in triple battles, though, but that isn't a problem when any level 40-60 physical attacker is taking off more than half their health.

Here's a bunch of QR codes

EDIT: I mean, the entire point is to give lvl 1 pokemon a huge EXP dump, it's not to overlevel high level pokemon, the core idea is to quickly level bred pokemon to higher levels.

I know, but I'm saying that because of how weak lv. 1 Pokemon are compared to a lv. 100 Blissey, a battle between the two would last a long time. A lv. 1 Pokemon would barely damage it.

I didn't know about the Toxic Orb thing though.

So, I've heard all about these lv. 100 Blissey secret bases that can warrant a lot of exp points, and I'm considering taking advantage of that, but that seems like it requires Pokemon at least lv. 80 to defeat them without the battle lasting forever, even if the Blissey don't know any attacking moves. :/

The highest level Pokemon I have in AS is the Deoxys you capture in the Delta Episode, but...yeah. I don't really want to trade over my X team either even though they're all above lv. 80.

On another topic though, I've finally seen every Hoenn dex Pokemon, with the exception of Jirachi. I know it's not required since my trainer card upgraded, but the trade-back request I made in the trade thread is still open.

It really doesn't, my level 50 party was able to sweep in about a turn or two with physical attacks. Thank you Blaziken and Metagross.

I know, but I'm saying that because of how weak lv. 1 Pokemon are compared to a lv. 100 Blissey, a battle between the two would last a long time. A lv. 1 Pokemon would barely damage it.

do you even read posts

the blissey KO themselves instantly

I didn't know about the Toxic Orb thing though.

Healing Wish will cause the Blisseys to KO themselves in one turn, and the Toxic Orb will cause those who can't use it to faint in 6 turns max anyways.

Edited by BBM

Healing Wish will cause the Blisseys to KO themselves in one turn, and the Toxic Orb will cause those who can't use it to faint in 6 turns max anyways.

Not if it's a Triple Battle, but most well-made Blissey Bases will have them holding Toxic Orbs anyway.

do you even read posts

the blissey KO themselves instantly

Do YOU even read posts? I said that I didn't know about the Toxic Orb. Sorry. >_>

Anyway, something is starting to frustrate me.

*sees a hidden Pokemon that she hasn't found yet or a hidden Pokemon she wants to catch*

*tip toes over, but runs into a different Pokemon on the way*

Just...ARGH. I was about to find a Ponyta just now! Although Rapidash didn't get a Mega form in this game, I still want to train a good one, because it's one of my favorites. >_<

dondon probs just didn't notice that part of your post, no need to get defensive

Repels are your friend there, since they don't effect the DexNav/hidden Pokes

I may get OR some time soon if I can ignore the lure of Hyrule Warriors.Is this game's plot line exactly like the originals,other then the Delta Episode and megas?If it is,then I'm set.

Do YOU even read posts? I said that I didn't know about the Toxic Orb. Sorry. >_>

clearly i wasn't talking about the toxic orb

i'm wondering if 3x memento latios in triple battles would be faster, even if the EXP yield for each individual pokemon is less than half of what blissey can offer.

i'm wondering if 3x memento latios in triple battles would be faster, even if the EXP yield for each individual pokemon is less than half of what blissey can offer.

I think the hang-up is the final Blissey, who doesn't faint immediately. However, is the time saved worth it, given that the six turns is "Blissey used Healing Wish! But it failed!"?