You know, I miss FE10

looooooooooooool i wouldnt be surprised if it really was you. :P:

Even with transfers, its a lot of effort. Ive done it a couple of times and Ilyana could never match Calill or Soren on my runs with speed. She may be able to hoist that Rexbolt, but good gods, her speed! I once had an Ilyana slower than Micaiah. Yep.

We should talk about Makalov.

Makalov is so smooth he attracted Astrid by being nothing but a gambling drunk.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once had an Ilyana that capped everything :3:

But then again it took a lot of babying...

Forged a sword for him called the "Ugly Sword" and he was killing it on the battlefield >:)

its a shame that his class limits this amazing speed growth

And it was around this time that IS decided to try the reclassing thing. Imagine if we could have reclassed Makalov into a swordmaster...

He didn't say that wasn't the case, he said Makalulz is fixable.

Oh, that^ also reminds me: As time passes, we get better at games. In this case, I think it's safe to assume that our views regarding Paladins, has changed. Sure, they have hit the nerf stick pretty nicely. However, most of them aren't actually bad...

- Tiamat is obviously amazing. Good availability, decent durability, excellent Mov, Str and the ability to fix Spd quickly enough, to be able to 1RKO everything, along her path.

- I don't know much about Oscar, but he was Upper Mid tier. I can defenitely see his potential, despite his 32 Spd cap, which doesn't become an actual factor until 4-E-4, or something. I suppose he's a sort of Nephenee, with a horse...?

- Kieran is kind of average. I mean, he really is a sort of General with 9 Mov and a horse...he hits pretty hard, but he'll sure have a hard time actually getting to double enemies. Titania completely outclasses him.

- I see potential in Makalulz. His start, is pretty shaky. Has a bit of trouble doing a bit of substantial damage and even being able to double. However, his Spd is easily redeemable through every level. And his Str isn't actually that bad. Builds pretty great durability, too.

- Geoffrey's fantastic when he arrives and is alright at 3-9. Not much to say, honestly. He's not terrible.

And, yeah, then we have Astrid and Fiona. Astrid isn't even that bad, if given attention towards the end of Part 3. It's not like she'll be having that much competition for resources, by then (BEXP).

Edited by Big Boss

Has anyone answered your type of PT, i'd like to see an efficiency run... I guess

And it was around this time that IS decided to try the reclassing thing. Imagine if we could have reclassed Makalov into a swordmaster...

And that's why he wasn't spotpass in Awakening, they knew... they knew

Has anyone answered your type of PT, i'd like to see an efficiency run... I guess

What do you mean? If you mean, what I think you mean, then, the answer is LTC. I'll be doing this as an LTC run. However, I do know that not many people actually like this sort of play. But I can assure you, I'll be trying to keep it interesting and fresh. When it comes to LTC, I don't exactly play by "just use the best character out there and win". I kind of just like to use the characters I like, as long as they don't get too much (if, at all) in the way of turncounts and in the way of their own training (as in, not using characters that end up being harmful for the growth of other characters and not paying off).

And that's why he wasn't spotpass in Awakening, they knew... they knew

Blade Lord. Shinon.

Dont worry guys it was me, I was the one who argued ilyana was good just for rexbolt

now though my stance has changed i claim ilyana is good for bolting

Good luck to steal bolting in FE10! You have to feed Heather with two energy drops and she has to get a lucky day to grow in strength several times. It is almost impossible to steal it unless you are on easy mode and then you can only steal it in 3-2.

looooooooooooool i wouldnt be surprised if it really was you. :P:

Even with transfers, its a lot of effort. Ive done it a couple of times and Ilyana could never match Calill or Soren on my runs with speed. She may be able to hoist that Rexbolt, but good gods, her speed! I once had an Ilyana slower than Micaiah. Yep.

I don't know, if my game is hacked, but Ilyana ALWAYS was better than Soren and Calill. She had much better defense and her speed growth was even better than Micki's and Soren's. If she reached third tier, I can easily use as a front unit, because her defense is high enough to survive 2-3 hits and she can heal herself with "flare". She always capped speed at level 6-7 3rd tier.

He didn't say that wasn't the case, he said Makalulz is fixable.

Oh, that^ also reminds me: As time passes, we get better at games. In this case, I think it's safe to assume that our views regarding Paladins, has changed. Sure, they have hit the nerf stick pretty nicely. However, most of them aren't actually bad...

- Tiamat is obviously amazing. Good availability, decent durability, excellent Mov, Str and the ability to fix Spd quickly enough, to be able to 1RKO everything, along her path.

- I don't know much about Oscar, but he was Upper Mid tier. I can defenitely see his potential, despite his 32 Spd cap, which doesn't become an actual factor until 4-E-4, or something. I suppose he's a sort of Nephenee, with a horse...?

- Kieran is kind of average. I mean, he really is a sort of General with 9 Mov and a horse...he hits pretty hard, but he'll sure have a hard time actually getting to double enemies. Titania completely outclasses him.

- I see potential in Makalulz. His start, is pretty shaky. Has a bit of trouble doing a bit of substantial damage and even being able to double. However, his Spd is easily redeemable through every level. And his Str isn't actually that bad. Builds pretty great durability, too.

- Geoffrey's fantastic when he arrives and is alright at 3-9. Not much to say, honestly. He's not terrible.

And, yeah, then we have Astrid and Fiona. Astrid isn't even that bad, if given attention towards the end of Part 3. It's not like she'll be having that much competition for resources, by then (BEXP).

To be honest, I do not mind the CRK except for Marcia and Makalov. Their availibility and growths are not as good as the GMs.

- Geoffrey has better strength growth than Oscar, but lower speed

- Kevin is outclassed by Titania

- Danved has similar stats compared to Nephenee, but starts at higher level

- Astrid is crap, even with paragon

- Brom is outclassed by Gatrie

- Heather is a rogue, so she's useful to steal a few of things in part 3

- Makalov's personality is terrible and his basestats are meh, but is the only one swordpaladin in the game with the best speed growth (75%) in the entire game and his other growths are decent as well

- Marcia is great except for strength, she will be better in every stat, if Sigrun and Tanith join

Good luck to steal bolting in FE10! You have to feed Heather with two energy drops and she has to get a lucky day to grow in strength several times. It is almost impossible to steal it unless you are on easy mode and then you can only steal it in 3-2.

thats the joke

i replaced one really dumb statement with one that was even dumber, to the point of exaggerated dumbness due to the difficulty and pointlessness of acquiring that item

I never really paid attention to tiers or anything... I mean look what's above my avi. I also used Tormod on occasion, as hard as it is. I love that sage.. Ilyana was still trash though, I didn't like her design, her personality, or her stats. Still, RD was quite literally the game I played the most. I have 6 different files and each have been beaten at least twice, some three times. One easy (two), one hard (two), 3 normal (three, two, three).

I loved how many characters there were, and although it didn't matter, I'd ship people that I supported. IT MATTERED TO ME! It mattered...

What do you mean? If you mean, what I think you mean, then, the answer is LTC. I'll be doing this as an LTC run. However, I do know that not many people actually like this sort of play. But I can assure you, I'll be trying to keep it interesting and fresh. When it comes to LTC, I don't exactly play by "just use the best character out there and win". I kind of just like to use the characters I like, as long as they don't get too much (if, at all) in the way of turncounts and in the way of their own training (as in, not using characters that end up being harmful for the growth of other characters and not paying off)

I see, good on you... Got an ETA in mind or...something?

Dont worry guys it was me, I was the one who argued ilyana was good just for rexbolt

now though my stance has changed i claim ilyana is good for bolting

If the second sentence is a joke => ok understood

But I don't understand all the complaints against her!

I don't give a shit for character tier lists. I have played this game enough times to say, which characters are good or bad. And my playthroughs have shown that Ilyana is a BEAST. She always capped everything without problems.

Well, thunder magic is nerfed and the hit rate is still the second worst of all magic types, but she's not terrible especially in part 1. With speed boosts from PoR she's more than a helping hand especially on harder difficulties. Her speed growth is almost good/bad (depending on how looks at it) as Soren's and Micki's. Her HP and defense are pretty good unlike other mages, so she can take 2-3 hits in 3rd tier. Another advantage is her availibility. Her only weaknesses might be her magic growth and the mentoined problems of thunder magic.

ilyana is one of my waifu's but she's awful in 10, her magic got nerfed number one, number two mages are alot worse in general, so you don't want to bring in anymore then you have too.

number three is that Micaiah's not only forced, she's the best mage in the game, so her entire existence makes every other mage awful

i also like how anyone who calls her a mary sue never uses the above point as evidence for that stupid claim

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

In the past I never thought hard on who was a good mage or not. I used Ilyana in all my playthroughs almost subconsciously. She is available through most of the game and I had the fortune of never having a RNG screwed Ilyana. She always had good growths in Str which is needed for those heavy Thunder tomes. Spd was here and there but by the time endgame came around she never was a burden. As a FE10 mage, I think Ilyana is fine.

My Micaiahs were the ones I had the most difficulty with.

Aww, my sis never wanted to use Iliyana, but she was getting RNG blessed on our playthrough.

A quick question: how useful is her Thunder Magic on the last chapter with the Dragon Laguz?

And another one: I heard Easy is easy enough to bring anyone you want, izzat true?? Because I'd like to breeze through the game with some Pally love.

Aww, my sis never wanted to use Iliyana, but she was getting RNG blessed on our playthrough.

A quick question: how useful is her Thunder Magic on the last chapter with the Dragon Laguz?

And another one: I heard Easy is easy enough to bring anyone you want, izzat true?? Because I'd like to breeze through the game with some Pally love.

On easy all your weapons get blessed to give +5 to every stat.

Rexbolt can kill every dragon with two hits except for Nasir and Dheginsea and deals the most damage to Dheginsea of all weapons in the game. On easy mode three hits will kill him.

Arcthunder is enough to kill the red dragons with two hits at least. White dragons can also be killed, if "flare" is activated.

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach