Why is 'inbred' used as an insult in the U.S?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one paeg later

parrhesia's confusion (this is just my guess but is probably right) stemmed from the wording 'tend to be highly conservative about inbreeding.' conservative, at least around the internet parts, implies a mindset that's stuck in the past, so to speak, with the opposite (generally liberal) being the progressive viewpoint that's the right one. see the statement 'americans tend to be highly conservative about gay marriage' used to state that americans tend to be of an old mindset with regards to gay marriage (prohibition) while the rest of the world is becoming liberal or progressive (equal rights) about the issue.

as such, he read your post as backwards americans still stuck in the past and thinking badly of inbreeding as compared to country x, which would be progressive and accepting of the issue.

did that make sense

i woke up like ten minutes ago

It does.

I was responding to Soul's confusion at the issue, supposedly existing due to not seeing it as such a horrible thing, so he was the progressive party I was addressing.

Edited by Makaze

oh yeah speaking of neckbeards

the stereotype is that nnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeerds think that beard = manly, facial hair = beard, ergo facial hair = manly, ergo no facial hair = unmanly, ergo shaving = unmanly, so they let their neck-hairs (starts growing earliest in the beard IIRC or maybe just highest potential for growth) grow to disproportionate length because shaving them off would be unmanly. the other explanation (equally bad) is that they're too unhygienic/lazy to groom themselves regularly, and they way this manifests is in a long, flowing, mustard-crusted neckbeard.

add to that the m'lady NICE GUYS subculture, associated with exactly these kinds of people, and you get a very succinct insult

fucking goony neckbeard

(see also: fedoras)

Because you have poor writing skills and don't seem to be aware that 'conservative' is generally, in an apolitical context, used to designate 'traditional values, averse to change'. You know what's a really traditional value basically everyone can agree on? Not fucking your sister.

Hey I'd fuck Makaze's sister :V

Also you're being kind of harsh. He's not incorrect that it's a traditional value, even if he did express it poorly. It may be ultimately better for the race, but modern societies are generally overly hostile towards the dangers of inbreeding.

also because neck-exclusive-beards are ugly holy shit have you ever seen one

This.

I just can't understand it. You shave your 'stache but keeps the beard. It just makes you like a bad photoshop.

It just show a total lack of understanding for basic "fashion" code.

Edited by shytende

but my animus said it's okay and I don't have any sisters to experience the awkward scenario tangibly by which to adjust my judgment on the matter intelligently

It's ok for me to be sexually attracted to my sister as long as she doesn't actually exist, right?

Right?!?!?!

Edited by SeverIan

I was responding to Soul's confusion at the issue, supposedly existing due to not seeing it as such a horrible thing, so he was the progressive party I was addressing.

I actually happen to think incest is hideous.

I actually happen to think incest is hideous.

I think incest is wrong too, but I don't think it's great to insult or despise someone for being a product of it. Maybe it should change from "inbred hick" to "inbreeding hick," or what have you.

I think incest is wrong too, but I don't think it's great to insult or despise someone for being a product of it. Maybe it should change from "inbred hick" to "inbreeding hick," or what have you.

"motherfucker"

qed

gasap

wait does this mean being born out of wedlock is bad because of sonofabitch

The word you are looking for is 'bastard'.

Edited by Makaze

wait does this mean being born out of wedlock is bad because of sonofabitch

Now that you mention it, I do wonder if the insult is mostly directed to the child or the mother...