Most Balanced Cast

Jotari

I’m pretty sure the gap between Saphy and whoever is worst in FE5 is pretty huge. >_>

FE10 might have the best case b/c of the availability shenanigans and since you can bexp anyone to godmode if you really wanted.

But FE is not balanced, and I don't think it's designed to be (or if that's necessarily a good thing here).

In this case, it's more about characters having a niche (even if this is a crappy one, like Ronan), than being good or bad.

Does saying it's a balanced casts made entirely of unbalanced characters makes sense ?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I also think that FE5 is most balanced, but that's still FE game.

You have Fin with his W!n Lance. What? He get HPorDEF RNG screwed? No one cares because his amaizing skill. 54% chance to survive any deadly strike. AT BASES!

Dagdar. 43 HP + 7 MOV. Even in midgame he makes few guys "baby". He and Finn are probably your best combat for long, long time.

Asvel. "I made this game easy".

Marty. Best capture unit. Amazing defense. RNG can't screw him, because godly base. Supported by good unit. Can carry every chapter alone.

Othin/Orsin: Available from the first chapter, has his own personal throwing axe, and has a guaranteed critical with every hitback thanks to Wrath. Not to mention that he has one of the best early growth rates for everything except MAG.

Mareeta: Great growths, personal weapon that includes Awareness (Nihil) and one of the few units with Luna.

Homer: 1/4 chance of activating again. Specializes in the best magic (Light) and will cap out his SPD/SKL/MAG/LUK

Ced/Sety: Has the best growths in the game, comes with Forseti. That alone makes him game-breaking.

Robert: Horseback archer with early availability and the best growths of all the archers.

Of course, this game also gave us...

Ronan_Portrait.jpg

But light magic sucks for Bromeros. It slow down him that much he has problem with using his PPC.

Wind FTW!

Roran has some use. He don't have epic movement and movement star for nothing.

Mareeta might sounds nice but I feel that bulky units with good stats at base works better. I rate Glade and Fred over her, because they got more use.

But light magic sucks for Bromeros. It slow down him that much he has problem with using his PPC.

Wind FTW!

Roran has some use. He don't have epic movement and movement star for nothing.

Mareeta might sounds nice but I feel that bulky units with good stats at base works better. I rate Glade and Fred over her, because they got more use.

That seems to be SNES mages in a nutshell.

Ced is only around for a few chapters; it's difficult to break the game in that short a time no matter how good you are. Robert has shitty bases and a shittier starting weapon rank (E Bows lol). Othin is pretty good but falls off for the last few chapters. Mareeta is decent but there's only so much you can do with swordlock, and she suffers the same dilemma as Othin.

The real FE5 gamebreaker is SHANAM anyways.

Considering that Homer WILL cap his speed, and how Lighting is the only Light Tome he can use anyway, it shouldn't bother him.Give him Wind and he's even better.

I'll admit, no matter how good Mareeta is, her father will always be better.

Robert has PLENTY of time to up his game. Unlike most archers, he doesn't need the scrolls to be competent. Plus horseback unit.

Othin will only have a hard time against magic users, and even then, Pugi + Wrath = goodbye, mage.

I'd like to also mention that one swordfighter in chapter 4 is great, and she goes hero mode on promotion, which means AXES

lol @ light magic in FE5. How many lightning tomes prior to the shop in chapter 22 that sells them even exist in the game? Two? lol

Exactly where I stocked up

10320461_1409044089377603_51769539783382

Ewan is your best Dark Magic User (considering you don't use the Dark Magic Glitch), so he has his own niche.

Amelia doesn't grant that much however. Mainly because her best class is Seth's class.

lol @ dark magic in FE8. Why would I want to bother with it, knowing that Gleipnir's a sad excuse for a Sacred Twin?? lol

If you're just playing through fe5 casually you can make anybody a god by endgame (or earlier). The earlier units are almost always better

Edited by General Horace

Here's the way I think FE5 is the most balanced:

The earlier units are almost always better

Finn and Othin, among others, will always hold out by the end.

2. If a unit isn't good (which many aren't) the game gives you the option to use the stat-boosting Holy Scrolls.

3. There's MANY characters, so it's important to use most of your army, in case you realize your best units are down due to fatigue (which also helps balance the game.)

lol @ dark magic in FE8. Why would I want to bother with it, knowing that Gleipnir's a sad excuse for a Sacred Twin?? lol

You use the glitch to give Bishops Dark Magic, specifically, Moulder because Con. Enjoy Gleipnir becoming 3x effective against monsters due to Slayer.

You use the glitch to give Bishops Dark Magic, specifically, Moulder because Con. Enjoy Gleipnir becoming 3x effective against monsters due to Slayer.

Which is assuming that (1) I'm willing to stoop so low in the first place, and (2) that I don't S rank light magic, which has a superior S rank tome by chapter 18 (which is the earliest point where the glitch can even be performed), because let's face it, a non-long range tome that confers 9 AS loss on Moulder is awful beyond redemption. (For the record, I hesitate to use C rank tomes and above, discounting long range magic, in GBA for not being strong enough over the D ranks to justify the AS loss)

Edited by Levant Caprice

I'd say FE6 is the most balanced. Aside from knights that aren't Douglass, Cath, and Sophia, everyone's usuable in some way or another without being a major game breaker.

And Moulder's awesome, don't diss the boulder.

And Moulder's awesome, don't diss the boulder.

Really?? What gave you that impression??? I was merely pointing out that even Moulder loses a lot more AS from Gleipnir than I feel comfortable crapping away.

Really?? What gave you that impression??? I was merely pointing out that even Moulder loses a lot more AS from Gleipnir than I feel comfortable crapping away.

That may be true, but this is FE8 we're talking about. All Moulder would have to worry about when being doubled are...the Hellfangs?

Edited by ZeeEmm

That may be true, but this is FE8 we're talking about. All Moulder would have to worry about when being doubled are...the Hellfangs?

The point isn't just that his AS goes down the crapper, It is also that I abhor the idea of crippling Moulder's mediocre dodging abilities (a result of his AS going down the crapper), given that he's not THAT durable.

Assuming we're talking about FE8's Creature Campaign here, it wouldn't be unrealistic for supports to help out Moulder's dodging.

You mean the supports that are impractical to build up because he doesn't have any fast ones, and half of them are with fliers?

At any rate, I see busting my ass just to get Moulder to S rank dark magic as nothing other than a foolish waste of time. That being said, I personally can't agree with FE6's cast being balanced, given that even discounting the knights, Cath and Sophia, the axe users have questionable usefulness - sure, they're good for knocking soldiers around earlygame, but other than that...? I wouldn't trust them for anything whatsoever.

Edited by Levant Caprice

You mean the supports that are impractical to build up because he doesn't have any fast ones, and half of them are with fliers?

At any rate, I see busting my ass just to get Moulder to S rank dark magic as nothing other than a foolish waste of time.

In Creature Campaign you have all the time in the world to build supports, though.

moulders luck is really bad, although I guess there are statboosters

creature campaign enemies are actually kind of good too.

the real thing to do is give him body rings.

Edited by General Horace

In Creature Campaign you have all the time in the world to build supports, though.

Aaaaand when the hell did Creature Campaign become relevant to this discussion? Oh wait, that's right - it didn't.

Which is assuming that (1) I'm willing to stoop so low in the first place, and (2) that I don't S rank light magic, which has a superior S rank tome by chapter 18 (which is the earliest point where the glitch can even be performed), because let's face it, a non-long range tome that confers 9 AS loss on Moulder is awful beyond redemption. (For the record, I hesitate to use C rank tomes and above, discounting long range magic, in GBA for not being strong enough over the D ranks to justify the AS loss)

How does using a glitch qualify as stooping low at all lol. Also Ivaldi is worse than Aura for Bishops, so no it would not be superior in any way to something that can feasibly OHKO enemies for Bishops.