That One Boss

Alm

LoZ A Link to The Past

I can't beat that yellow worm in the Death Mountaign Dungeon.

Really, I just can't, may the movements be random, may be the fact that if I fall he returns all of his health.

It just pisses me off. It's been years and I still can't beat him.

try charging your sword, youll parry if he moves toward you and you can hit him with the spin attack if he doesnt for tons of damage. i think it only takes three spin attacks to kill him. he actually charges toward you every so often (its not completely random) so if you can anticipate it and sidestep its really easy. if you cant then just keep trying with the spin attack.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, a Crack in Time did give the series the boost in difficulty that it needed. Granted, some of the difficulty (on Hardcore especially) consists of enemies having around a billion HP which isn't too ideal, but still.

Really? I'm playing on Hard and so far I'm actually finding it to be one of the easier games in the series.

I still need to defeat Dracula in Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. I appreciate that he isn't one of these usual cheap trial and error bosses from the later Metroidvanias (looking at you, OoE Dracula), but in this case it means that I can't beat him no matter how often I try. Especially his meteor rain is a massive pain. They are just way too fast to react.

Edited by BrightBow

Can I just say: fuck the first two fortress bosses in Megaman Unlimited. For the first boss, taking a hit basically guarantees an OHKO due to the battle being fought on ladders over a bottomless pit. The second has a one-hit kill attack that requires a really precisely timed jump to dodge. I haven't gotten past stage 4 yet, but those fights have to be easier if only because they lack bottomless pits.

While we're on the subject of MM bosses...all of MM2's bosses suck. Especially the fortress bosses.

I still need to defeat Dracula in Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. I appreciate that he isn't one of these usual cheap trial and error bosses from the later Metroidvanias (looking at you, OoE Dracula), in this case it just means I can't beat him no matter how often I try. Especially his meteor rain is a massive pain. They are just way too fast to react.

that fight is really dumb

You kinda have to have the summon combos to avoid some stuff reliably and deal some damage which is silly other wise you just Gryphon Jump and whip when you can.

c0138466_628719.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Yeesh... Also, while we're talking Mega Man, there's Quick Man in 2, the Doc Robot who uses his programming in 3 (Just ask Roahm Mythril), and Gravity Man in 5.

1) The Eye of Valmar from Grandia II. Had to stop playing the game for three months my first time through because I kept getting my ass kicked. It's not one of the hardest bosses in the game for nothing.

2) Death Bringer from Golden Axe (Genesis). Though, that's an arcade game by heart, so it's understandable that he'd be hard as balls. But, you don't have access to unlimited quarters in the Genesis port, so it's quite possible you'll die frequently and have to start back at the beginning of the game.

3) Seymour Flux / Lady Yunalesca, Final Fantasy X. Only ever beat Seymour by Overdrive spamming and I don't even want to think about Yunalesca. Honorable mention goes to Ozma from Final Fantasy IX, though that's more a product of me getting rid of the anti-Shadow armors than anything else.

4) Kisuke's first boss in Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii). Something about this boss I just can't deal with. Maybe it's the fact that Kisuke is stuck with two longer katanas for this fight, which I don't like using. The reaction time's too sluggish for me. :/

Man fuck Death Bringer. The first time I defeated Death Adder I was on my last life, only to fall down the hole before even getting to him.

That owl guy from Soul Calibur 3 (Or was it 4?). That is the only boss I can think of that I was never able to beat, and it wasn't even a final boss. I don't know what was up with that guy, but it was just some ridiculously hard, and I think completely optional, enemy thrown into the story randomly.

Olcadan da best, and he was from 3

Boost Guardian on the GC version of Echoes is tough, along with Dark Samus in Corruption's Hypermode, as is the goddamn tank from the first MGS game. I don't know if the LuBus count since they're kinda intentional.

Riku's Wargoyle in KH3D:DDD.

argh its why i havent progressed much in dream drop distance

Really?

I had much more trouble with Sora's version.

DDD had a lot of annoying bosses though.

Goddamn spellican....

Riku's Wargoyle in KH3D:DDD.

argh its why i havent progressed much in dream drop distance

Really?

I had much more trouble with Sora's version.

DDD had a lot of annoying bosses though.

Goddamn spellican....

I haven't played much either, but Rinzler looks like he's gonna be a headache and a half to take down. Also, Riku's Hockomonkey was a pain in the butt.

I haven't played much either, but Rinzler looks like he's gonna be a headache and a half to take down.

Rinzler is actually really easy.

Literally all you have to do is guard and counter attack until he dies.

Balloon is your friend in DDD. That spell is a major reason I was able to beat the game and its bonus boss on Proud handily

Balloon is great.

I don't think it excuses the really terrible bosses though.

By which I mean Holey Moley and Spellican.

Rinzler is actually really easy.

Literally all you have to do is guard and counter attack until he dies.

If you say so. Heck, I can't even remember where I was, though I assume it likely was having finished with La Cite des Cloches and moving on to THE GRID.

How about Fate/EXTRA?

Fighting the enemy Archer with playable Archer is a pain, since whether you get poisoned or not depends on your Luck stat, and Archer's Luck is horrendous.

Pretty much all of the first four bosses are hard if you use Caster and aren't on new game plus, because at that point you don't have any MP regenerating spells and Caster's physical attacks suck.

Was Tales of Vesperia mentioned yet?

Technically, the Radiant Winged One is optional, but he still deserves mention, given that he becomes the last boss if the Fell Arms sidequest is done in its entirety. For starters, he's level 82 - a 17 level jump from the previous form. Second, he can cause every status effect in the game with his attacks, as well as debuff you. Third, he retains Big Bang, which knocks everyone down to 1 HP (if you played Tales of the Abyss, too bad. You don't get to block it here.); this is even worse in the PS3 version, where it can easily spell Total Party Kill. That's not even mentioning that he has something else; and yes, that heals him. And did I mention that he's the third boss in a series of battles? And the fact that he can heal himself via Healing Circle?

And then there's Alexei. Brilliant Cataclysm pretty much requires you and he both being on opposite ends of the field for you to dodge it, and it hits like a truck. Let's just say you'd best have gone out of your way to get Estelle Revive.

Edited by Levant Caprice

• 6 months later...