Ike's return in SSB4 =FE 14 being New Tellius game?

Jiac

Ike's Return  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Will FE 14 be another Tellius installment?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's going to be a game of Ike and Soren's children (like FE 6)
    • Other (Explain)

Isn't it odd how the trend of Marth and Roy to Marth and Ike was a 'new Fire Emblem character' each Smash Bros. game. Though why would Ike return, despite Chrom being more iconic as the latest character due to FE 13's release at the start of last year (or in 2012 for Japan). Could Ike's return foreshadow a new Tellius game for FE 14? I felt like Tellius ended alright with Radiant Dawn,but perhaps we could have something interesting for a 3rd installment for the Tellius games. (I'm sorry if there is a topic like this already ._.)

If that was the case, I think they would have waited for E3 and reveal both at the same time. I think Ike's return is only due to Sakurai's decision, not as a tease for another game.

Eh, I'd only see this happening if Ike had a design not from a current game, his new SSB appearance is just based off of RD.

The same could be said for Zelda,as they're using her Twilight Princess design...

Ike returned because Sakurai doesn't like cutting people's favorites. Don't dwell too much on it. The probability of a Tellius sequel is close to 0 imo. You cant get much more epic than killing Tellius's goddess.

Because obviously IkexRanulf is the canon paring.

Aaaanyway, there is nothing odd about Ike staying in Smash. Just because an Awakening character wasn't announced yet doesn't mean there won't be one.

Also, why I would bet that they at least considered making a Tellius sequel because Lekain's death didn't actually free Kilvas from the Blood Pact in the Japanse version (sequel hock), actually making a sequel would be a terrible idea because with god being defeated there isn't really anywhere to go with the setting. A hypothetical sequel would probably play centuries later with only a few characters that we remember, least of all Ike.

Why is Ike's and Soren's children an option?

Good question. Not only is a scenario like that scientifically impossible, they're not even a couple. :/

Anyway, as much as I would dig another game with Ike as the main character (it'd even be in a new continent since he left Tellius!), I don't think the next FE will have any relation to the Tellius games. :P

Ike is still in SSB because he's the most important and iconic FE character after Marth. He has two starring roles behind him as well as an appearance in Brawl and he's also quite popular with the Smash fandom and the western FE fandom. And I haven't even mentioned that he plays WAY differently from Marth. Trust me, many fans would've gone into an angry uproar if Ike had been cut.

I think if Ike shows up in an FE game again, he'll just be a side character, perhaps having gotten hired to help fight in a war in that new continent I mentioned above. Or DLC like in Awakening (he just better get a better design next time. I liked his outfit for Awakening, but the artist made him WAY too scrawny and made his sword arm look stupid).

I liked his outfit for Awakening, but the artist made him WAY too scrawny and made his sword arm look stupid).

Robo Ike.

I like.

He doesn't need muscle tone to be unique. I liked the art because he posed as Spawn, or Fulgore from Killer Instinct. As far as FE goes, 13 sounded kinda final.

Edited by Barbie

Robo Ike.

I like.

He doesn't need muscle tone to be unique. I liked the art because he posed as Spawn, or Fulgore from Killer Instinct. As far as FE goes, 13 sounded kinda final.

But the thing is, Ike IS a musclehead, even in PoR. It's just not as obvious there as it is in RD. The artist simply didn't depict him accurately in Awakening.

And Awakening feels a bit final because IS wasn't going to make another FE if it didn't sell well. The series WAS on the verge of ending, but Awakening saved it.

The same could be said for Zelda,as they're using her Twilight Princess design...

Zelda looks good in brown hair. I thought she was hideous in Melee. Twilight Princess is the most realistic looking game, IMO, even more so than the newest game, Skyward Sword.

But really, I only think they're using her Twilight Princess design (again) because it's most realistic looking (and to me, looks the best. I hate Zelda with golden hair.)

Who said Chrom wouldn't be in? He probably will be, because if given the choice between putting in Ike or Chrom, I'm 99% sure they'd put in Chrom. One is from two games that didn't sell particularly well, the other is from arguably the best received and most popular. Putting Chrom in over Ike would be a no brainer. So because Ike's in I have the utmost confidence we'll see Chrom arrive to the party unless they started too late to implement him but it started development around the same time Awakening stopped so I doubt it.

I disagree. I think Ike would be picked over Chrom for the reasons I stated above. A game's sales are not how Sakurai decides who gets in Smash.

Edited by Anacybele

Can't wait to play as Ike and Sorens' children! I bet they'll have Aether and Adept and some other ability that starts with A because they'll be AAA units, haha I'm so clever.

yes, in exactly the same way that ness, lucas and mr game and watch have obviously been teasing upcoming appearances in new mother or game and watch games for the past fifteen years

They have released new Game & Watch Collections. Ness was in Melee, and then they released Mother 3. Try harder, bro! I'll even help you out; Ice Climber is a good example.

It's not a new FE character trend; there was data for Roy in brawl. There were probably other reasons for Roy not returning, like how he wasn't any games outside of Japan (the FE7 ending doesn't count).

Edited by Comet

Uh, I see no relation on that aspect. Ike being in Smash doesn't mean, imo, FE14 will feature Ike or an extension of Tellius's games. Tellius's games are fine as they are, though, I wouldn't mind if they come up with a sequel or prequel of 9 and 10.

You'll have to wait till the remake of FE10 for that when they add additional endings. Actually just one, where Ike goes on a journey with Sothe. Riveting stuff!

They have released new Game & Watch Collections. Ness was in Melee, and then they released Mother 3. Try harder, bro! I'll even help you out; Ice Climber is a good example.

the mother 3 project was dead when melee came out and wasn't revived for a good four years. there's literal commentary about how they were initially planning to axe ness for lucas in melee for promotional purposes but ended up not doing so because, again, mother 3 was vaporware at the time. not to mention ness isn't even in mother 3 for anything longer than a brief cameo in a film you don't even get to watch

i daresay the g&w collections fall under the same category as that kirby anniversary package. that is, not a new game by any stretch of the imagination

Edited by bookofholsety