Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

Did the PM you say you received claim to have been sent by Prims, or are you assuming that it's him based off of in-thread stuff?

It is me; I made it very obvious it was me in the PM.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prims: i don't have to say who i'm targeting; so it makes scum more wary etc (you can try and read messages and see if they look more forced, for example). also if you see almost OC mafia, it's similar to the scum role that was there. that's why i said my role looked slightly scummy

GP: i'm assuming it's prims because it's pretty obvious from the message imo

also yes i understand that my role can definitely be used in two ways, but i don't want to get into problems down the track

also there is a part of my role left that i am not disclosing util required.

yeah my tone is probably off because it's ED1 and I'm not posting seriously, that tends to happen. If you apparently see my thought process here then that implies I'm town; why am I doing this from the PoV of scum? (although actually I wasn't trying to do anything in particular besides dick around for fun until it makes something stupid happen but you seemed to have jumped to conclusions.)

please respond

GP, how would Manix's answer affect you read on him and I? Are either of us ED1 scummy?

FIRSTLY

It's a good thing I didn't get an RVS wagon on me because I am Super Hated. This means that until *YLO, only half the required amount of votes are necessary to lynch me. That means that I get hammered at 4 votes right now, so please don't vote me unless you really really think I'm scum.

SECONDLY

There is someone in this game who has some sort of handicap, according to their flavour. Elie wouldn't say any more about it than that. I ask whoever this person is to message me ASAP with their identity. I don't think this is an unreasonable request because this doesn't require them to divulge any role information but helps me greatly.

##Vote: kirsche

Manix, what was the point behind divulging this role info? Even if you wanted to claim a kind of scummy role sooner rather than later, what's the point of mentioning that you have more to your role?

yeah my tone is probably off because it's ED1 and I'm not posting seriously, that tends to happen. If you apparently see my thought process here then that implies I'm town; why am I doing this from the PoV of scum? (although actually I wasn't trying to do anything in particular besides dick around for fun until it makes something stupid happen but you seemed to have jumped to conclusions.)

what i saw was trying to get out of rvs, but the whole tone thing just irked me. hard to explain

bbm: bc fullclaiming is dumb? and it makes scum guess at what the rest of my role is

GP, how would Manix's answer affect you read on him and I? Are either of us ED1 scummy?

If I have this straight:

You sent Manix a PM asking him to join your cult, though you're saying you're not to actually cult leader. If that was the content of the message, then this:

im not an itp cult recruiter but i suspect that the itp cult recruiter was asking manix to out his buddies in-thread so they could joint. why would manix refuse to out his scumbuddies, unless he had scumbuddies to protect. lynch manix

doesn't make sense. This reads like you're actually trying to start a 1v1 against Manix, but did you say anything about outing scumbuddies in the PM you sent?

paraphrased message since I'm too lazy to wait for Elie to confirm if I can just copy paste my stuff.

Hello Manix. You are mafia and I have caught you lmao owned. However I'm ITP Cult Recruiter and I will bail you out if you post your buddies in-thread in your next post.

umm the point is that you didn't have to say that you had another part to your role at all? It gives info to scum for no reason.

Sure scum are going to wonder what the other part of your role is, but you're not going to have something like Cop or Doc in addition to the ability to read people's messages, so they'll discuss it for a while and then just wait for your flip to find out.

##Unvote, ##Vote: GP

it seems like she's trying way too hard to read into something that's very obviously a joke to try and draw scum intent

I think the actual weirdest thing so far is that we have both an informed townie and a census taker; when's the last time that happened without one being a fakeclaim? I'd be wary of them for reasons similar to insomniac+announcer. Although BBM is probably Marche and a dick.

Manix you should just stop talking about your role tbh.

Doubt he's lying, his claim sounds like "funny town role" and not "scum role designed to sound town" and his way of outing the informed part was townie.

"but i suspect that the itp cult recruiter was asking manix to out his buddies in-thread"

it's right there GP.

He said this before admitting that he did send the message though, so it wasn't really clear to me if that was really part of what he wrote.

it seems like she's trying way too hard to read into something that's very obviously a joke to try and draw scum intent

Yeah, my bad. I couldn't tell it was a joke until Prims posted the paraphrased message containing both the cult leader claim and the request to out scumbuddies.

The way Prims handled admitting that he was the sender still pings me as rather odd, though. He backed off rather quickly, and I don't see why he switched to Refa (guessing it's an RVS vote?) when he disagreed with Manix's choice to claim.

Being able to read others' messages does sound like a scummy role, but it's not as though a standard investigative role would be able to tell that Manix had been scumhunting with it, so he wouldn't be under suspicion even if someone tracked him. It's not considered standard to claim solely because your role sounds scummy, is it?

Prims, why the bait attempt on Manix specifically?

He's high-profile and posts a lot and likely to actually say something.

The way Prims handled admitting that he was the sender still pings me as rather odd, though. He backed off rather quickly, and I don't see why he switched to Refa (guessing it's an RVS vote?) when he disagreed with Manix's choice to claim.

Manix's claim was pointless but the kind of pointless town does when they feel like being loose with info for god-knows-why. As scum he benefits from keeping the role a secret so he can eavesdrop on Townie Trust Meetings. Also I think scum-Manix would not attempt to pick fights with me over "tone" early on since he couldn't get me lynched and it'd just draw attention to him; however town-Manix reads me as scum every game. #MetaTheMostPowerful

##Unvote

##Vote: Green Poet

Above post sets her up to be suspicious of both me and Manix but she doesn't commit to anything. I think she's attempting to add fuel to the fire.

Euklyd sucks for ignoring my very strong Manix push when he dropped by to claim.

so do you find Prims's vote switch suspicious?

Claiming when your role is scummy is generally up to the player who gets the role. Keeping it to yourself doesn't "harm" the town like, say, a Miller or Ascetic can, but at the same time revealing it at massclaim can feel like scum who were too lazy to come up with a fake.

I wouldn't call myself an informed townie (and also I'm Ritz; why would Marche be hated???). I don't know the alignment of the person referred to in my role PM, so knowing that there's someone with a handicap in their flavour doesn't really provide the town with any information which would help them catch scum. They are, however, important to my role, so they should contact me.

first off: prims' tone is better now

He said this before admitting that he did send the message though, so it wasn't really clear to me if that was really part of what he wrote.

riddle me this: the message could have had any sort of question. why did prims specifically say that in thread, if it wasn't him who sent the message?

1) welcome to rvs, enjoy your stay. the reason why i say it was an attempt to get out of rvs was it was graspy as hell (which is not scummy, due to context) and was an attempt to bring new information to the table.

2) disagreeing with something does not necessarily mean that it has to be scummy

It's not considered standard to claim solely because your role sounds scummy, is it?

depends on the context of the game.

I'll probably be heading off soon..

Anyway,

Manix's claim was pointless but the kind of pointless town does when they feel like being loose with info for god-knows-why. As scum he benefits from keeping the role a secret so he can eavesdrop on Townie Trust Meetings. Also I think scum-Manix would not attempt to pick fights with me over "tone" early on since he couldn't get me lynched and it'd just draw attention to him; however town-Manix reads me as scum every game. #MetaTheMostPowerful

If town's doing pointless things for no visible reason, then they're probably more informed and have scum motivations. Why does it strike you as "pointless town" instead?

Also, Manix may not have been able to get you lynched just with the argument of tone, but that wasn't actually his his main point of contention with you. ITP recruiter can rarely ever recruit scum on SF, which he called you out on.

I also don't see why one would spend a PM on what they consider a joke, as you only have two per day. . .

I think Prims is likelier scum than Manix, but that odd claim is still worth considering.

##Unvote

##Vote: Prims

I explained exactly why it's pointless town and not scum in my quote. As scum it's beneficial for him to keep it a secret.

I interpreted tone as being Manix's main issue with me since ITP Recruiter was not a serious claim and tone was what he cited during the vote switch.

If there's a clear for us to claim to then I still have a PM for them. I don't have a set use for my second PM so I blew it on earlygame clowning around which is likely to lead to serious discussion if somebody takes it the wrong way anyway.

ITP = independent third party aka indie aka self-aligned