Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

actually my main point of contention for my vote was the tone. i mentioned the cult recruiting thing a grand total of once

This feels like you're going out of your way to defend a newly-made Prims townread?

also prims your tone is way off right now

##Unvote

##Vote: Prims

I'd think that "also," implying that there's more to your aforementioned case, followed by words as few as these could not constitute your strongest reason for voting Prims. Prior to the post in which you voted, you hadn't mentioned tone at all, so how is the number of times "cult recruitment" was mentioned consequential?

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you ignore anything about the cult or whatever, what are my reasons for voting prims/

In the same way, simply saying "your tone is scummy" is hardly worth consideration, since it can be used anywhere to make a case seem like more than it's not. If you're discrediting the rolespec part of your case, an empty accusation about tone being off should be treated as less than that, as it's ambiguous and can be used anywhere and said about anyone.

So, to answer your question: you didn't have a good or visible reason to vote Prims.

What concerns me more than your claim and this is actually how quickly you've developed a townread on Prims and why you're defending him now. "His tone is better" doesn't tell the rest of us what you're thinking and it's an extremely easy way to justify townreading someone when better reasons aren't there, which is what it looks like you're doing now.

do you know how quickly reads can change ED1 when there is little information: quickly

also i skimread page 5 and didn't see any instance of me defending prims, only backing up my own play. unless you feel like trying to show me otherwise?

In the same way, simply saying "your tone is scummy" is hardly worth consideration, since it can be used anywhere to make a case seem like more than it is. If you're discrediting the rolespec part of your case, an empty accusation about tone being off should be treated as less than that, as it's ambiguous and can be used anywhere and said about anyone.

I blame phoneposting

GP you act like we need to have full blown cases ED1 when the game has only been going for some 5 hours or something. that's incredibly unreasonable, and is not even remotely considering context, and hence trying to push bad and scummy cases because of it

also @GP: at the time when i pushed against prims for tone, there was ~literally~ nothing else in regards to content that i could even make any sort of case on. so am i scummy for trying to rvs?????????????

re: defending Prims

actually my main point of contention for my vote was the tone. i mentioned the cult recruiting thing a grand total of once

2) disagreeing with something does not necessarily mean that it has to be scummy

These aim to imply that you do not believe Prims to be scummy, which feels artificial because you'd just voted him and the only suggested reason that you think Prims is now town is that his tone's improved in your eyes.

You're voting the same as Prims and have dropped your initial argument with him. . . why? Yes, it's ED1 and reads are liable to change quickly, but I don't get the feeling that the change you've shown wrt Prims is natural/very townie.

@the first quote: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

at the time it was the reason i voted so i fail to see that repeating a given fact is making prims seem like town?

@the second quote: that's a general statement and it was more directed at you using bad logic to push cases

why i changed vote: because you're grasping hard for any reasons to push cases in what looks like not how a town would go about it

which feels artificial because you'd just voted him and the only suggested reason that you think Prims is now town is that his tone's improved in your eyes.

if the only reason i was voting someone was fixed, does it not follow then that i should reevaulate that opinion and act accordingly? since i only had one reason (full well stated), it then stands that i should use my vote more productively.

i seriously think you're being super unreasonable in considering context for trying to push cases.

GP you act like we need to have full blown cases ED1 when the game has only been going for some 5 hours or something. that's incredibly unreasonable, and is not even remotely considering context, and hence trying to push bad and scummy cases because of it

Does it seem that way? Sorry if I'm being too insistent.

But if you're agreeing that your ED1 read on Prims has changed, then the reason you're voting me is just for pointing out the flaws in that read? Where's the scum intent in that?

And, Manix, are there reasons other than tone that make you think Prims is town?

But if you're agreeing that your ED1 read on Prims has changed, then the reason you're voting me is just for pointing out the flaws in that read? Where's the scum intent in that?

no, i'm voting you because it looks like you're grasping for scumreads. have already stated this

And, Manix, are there reasons other than tone that make you think Prims is town?

if you can tell me where i have said "prims is town" i'll answer

(read as: i don't necessarily think prims is town, more that ED1 scumread has gone away. this does not imply that i fully believe that prims is town. reads are not binary)

no, i'm voting you because it looks like you're grasping for scumreads. have already stated this

if you can tell me where i have said "prims is town" i'll answer(read as: i don't necessarily think prims is town, more that ED1 scumread has gone away. this does not imply that i fully believe that prims is town. reads are not binary)

It's ED1, so my scumreads aren't strong and I don't think they are either, but if you think they read more as purposefully graspy. . . that's fair and I actually can't argue with that. That sort of thing is in the same subjective/gutread boat as tone, so meh. . .

Basically - do you think I'm scum, or are you just dissatisfied with the quality of my reads?

What do you really think of Prims right now, though? If he's not town and I'm scum, wouldn't he be bussing me D1? This doesn't seem like a terribly good time for that.

i said i was taking break

every time i say that it never happens lol

Basically - do you think I'm scum, or are you just dissatisfied with the quality of my reads?

i think you're scum due to the method to which you are pushing your cases.

What do you really think of Prims right now, though? If he's not town and I'm scum, wouldn't he be bussing me D1? This doesn't seem like a terribly good time for that.

reads are not binary

if i do not think prims is scum nor town currently, it means i do not have a solid read on him (aka null).

Not impressed by GP's hard push on Manix when her vote is on me, especially since she ignored my defense which was pretty fair. Not fond of FFM clearly being around to post but not sharing his thoughts on the main spectacle either; you can do better. Poly had the same issue, come to think of it.

Well, this is interesting.

I thought I was the handicapped role, but Elie answered some questions and I'm not as sure anymore.

Basically - being killed doesn't affect my capacity to continue furthering the town wincon, but by the same coin, it's close to a NL in practice and that may not be worth the potential loss of information. Whether or not this triggers is conditional as well, and I'm not told what conditions I need to fulfill.

I've never seen a role like this, so I'm asking the more experienced players to advise on how this should be handled, and whether or not offering myself up for an experimental lynch is worth the effective NL.