Lucina might be in SSB4?

Reginleif

did I SAY anywhere that Lucina or those assist trophies were going to be an amiibo? lmao.gif

i said it proves lucina will appear in SSB4 at some significant level.

To be honest, yes, when you provided as evidence that pic where you showed that those amiibos were meant for smash.

Also, that's the amiibos trailer, if there's a thing that is confirmed, it's that those characters will be at least amiibos.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still.

It would have made sense to make Toad have his own character for his upcoming new Toad's Treasures game!

Honestly I think Lucina's image was used to represent Fire Emblem in general with regards to the amiibo thing. There's still a long way off until the 3DS release of SSB4 though, so the possibility of another Fire Emblem character being in SSB4 still isn't dead.

Just keep in mind the amiibo thing is not just for SSB4. It's for Mario Kart 8 too, and a whole bunch of future Wii U games. One of these titles probably includes the SMTxFE crossover, which is probably a better explanation for why Lucina is in that screenshot.

Still.

It would have made sense to make Toad have his own character for his upcoming new Toad's Treasures game!

I was joking with my earlier post, but I would genuinely love to play as Toad. Feel free to burn me at the stake for my heresy.

Is she really, though? She's only appeared in Awakening, and both Chrom and the Avatar are more important in that story than her.

yes. Lucina is the reason awakening exists rip_zpsec10ede9.gif

what is the story without lucina coming back from the future just to warn everyone and save chrom and emmeryn? the main characters are Chrom Lucina and Avatar but tbh Lucina and Avatar make the story while Chrom is just ... being directed by the avatar and holding a special sword for the end

her face is used everywhere on FE merchandise, and Awakening generated a lot of buzz for the Masked Marth character. She's more prominent than Chrom on the Awakening packaging rip_zpsec10ede9.gif

To be honest, yes, when you provided as evidence that pic where you showed that those amiibos were meant for smash.

Also, that's the amiibos trailer, if there's a thing that is confirmed, it's that those characters will be at least amiibos.

I guess the functionality of amiibos are meant for another thread. the discussion here is just that lucina will be in SSB4.

Honestly I think Lucina's image was used to represent Fire Emblem in general with regards to the amiibo thing. There's still a long way off until the 3DS release of SSB4 though, so the possibility of another Fire Emblem character being in SSB4 still isn't dead.

Just keep in mind the amiibo thing is not just for SSB4. It's for Mario Kart 8 too, and a whole bunch of future Wii U games. One of these titles probably includes the SMTxFE crossover, which is probably a better explanation for why Lucina is in that screenshot.

Amiibos are not just for SSB4 but this image implies that all the characters here are featured in Smash Bros. If Lucina was just included for the SMTxFE crossover, it doesn't make sense that she's the only character not in Smash from that image.

Edited by Reginleif

Is she really, though? She's only appeared in Awakening, and both Chrom and the Avatar are more important in that story than her.

There's also the possibility that Lucina could be the star for the next Fire Emblem game, which would give her a leg up over Chrom and the Avatar.

I'm pretty much banking on this as her reason to be in Smash.

Edited by The Geek

There's also the possibility that Lucina could be the star for the next Fire Emblem game, which would give her a leg up over Chrom and the Avatar.

I'm pretty much banking on this as her reason to be in Smash.

Should be the sequel to FE13 about Lucina's bleak time period. ...Or to have Anri's tale. Either should be our next Fire Emblem game. That's if there is going to be one.

Edited by Bimbo

Should be the sequel to FE13 about Lucina's bleak time period. ...Or to have Anri's tale. Either should be our next Fire Emblem game. That's if there is going to be one.

That's what I was thinking. Kind of a prequel/alternate timeline to Awakening.

Isabelle and Toad confirmed, too.

That doesn't mean anything.

I'd guess that Toad is far more likely to be from the Toad spin-off game which also works with Amiibo

The only thing the lucina pic does for us is show that they might have a fire emblem game planned for the wiiU. Maybe they're actually working on Shin megs x Fire emblem and that's what it's for or perhaps we're getting FE14 who knows.

I'd guess that Toad is far more likely to be from the Toad spin-off game which also works with Amiibo

Only way that we can get him in to have his own character. That would be a dream come true. :D

The only thing the lucina pic does for us is show that they might have a fire emblem game planned for the wiiU. Maybe they're actually working on Shin megs x Fire emblem and that's what it's for or perhaps we're getting FE14 who knows.

Lucina should be the protagonist in the next game which should be the prequel to Awakening with her being the Starlord of the game!

Lucina should be the protagonist in the next game which should be the prequel to Awakening with her being the Starlord of the game!

My problem with that is the fact that since they won't be able to do canonized pairing because avatar and what not so the kids will just be talking about their mums 24/7 and forget what a father is exactly

I'd rather get an FE4/5 remake hopefully bundled into one or a new title entirely.

I'd rather get an FE4/5 remake hopefully bundled into one or a new title entirely.

Ha ha...

Hoping more than anything that they get ported to the e-shops soon.

Edited by Bimbo

Amiibos are not just for SSB4 but this image implies that all the characters here are featured in Smash Bros. If Lucina was just included for the SMTxFE crossover, it doesn't make sense that she's the only character not in Smash from that image.

You're grasping thin air here. There's nothing in that image implying it's directed solely at Smash.

You see that Mario figure the hand is holding up against the Wii U pad? Does that look like the same Mario figure with the flames coming from his hand?

Again, there's nothing in that image implying it's directed solely at Smash. It's a general image made using some of Nintendo's characters to highlight the vast amount of game series they intend to use this amiibo thing with.

I honestly wish Lucina was in this game, but, if Fire Emblem gets a third rep (a distinct possibility, since Roy was originally planned for Brawl and Fire Emblem is much more popular worldwide now than it was when Brawl came out, plus the roster is bigger all around), I'd say it's 95% likely to be Chrom, 4% Lucina, and 1% Avaturd.

I believe Lucy will be playable now, but for a very different reason.

She's female and from Awakening now, but that isn't why.

Marth himself got a huge nerf to his speed for seemingly no reason. Maybe he was going to give Lucina the lithe fighter role.

Or he just didn't mean to make Marth that slow, leaving this as baseless conjecture.

Marth being a bit slower could just be because he was previously top tier. I still believe our third rep is a 50% chance of being Chrom, 50% chance Avatar.

I still think Tiki has more place in Smash than Lucina (even though I'd much prefer Lucina). Tiki's canon through farrrrrrrrrr more games than Lucina