So at what point did Twitch Plays Pokemon die?

I'll admit I thought the hype would at least last through Emerald, but it's like it just dropped off the face of the Earth.

(I'm kind of relieved)

As soon as the press stopped giving it attention (which was ending or Red/beginning of Crystal). Crystal still pulled in 15,000+ viewers easy but ever since then, the views get less and less. Understandable but TPP is still just as enjoyable.

I watched Red and Emerald a good amount, but only checked back occasionally after that. One could say the hype did last through Emerald, since that started with about 40k viewers and consistently had 5k+, but after that it only averaged about 1k and at late hours can go pretty low.

It's still going (on Black), but I've given up on it completely since they chose boy for Black. What a waste.

I watched Red and Emerald a good amount, but only checked back occasionally after that. One could say the hype did last through Emerald, since that started with about 40k viewers and consistently had 5k+, but after that it only averaged about 1k and at late hours can go pretty low.

It's still going (on Black), but I've given up on it completely since they chose boy for Black. What a waste.

i was literally unaware it had lasted being 'mid-Emerald', though I did figure it had finished out.

I made an Official Parrhesia Prediction that the memes from TPP would last a fucking long time in some form of another, was this also inaccurate or does it still thrive in, like, fourchan

Reddit's TPP community is still very active (there actually was some drama recently about how a hacker during the randomized HG/SS run changed the typing of a Sandslash, which caused major rage), but other than there, no one really gives a damn about the stream anymore, really. Myself included.

I tried to follow Crystal, but found it less interesting than the original, since that one was already beaten. I'd say most of the hype died in the 24 hours following beating Red.

I lost most of my interest once the original run ended. I did check in every now and then for Crystal, but it really wasn't the same. Once Crystal ended it was basically finished.

This. I didn't enjoy crystal as much as I thought I would, and the whole surprise factor just wasn't there anymore.

this is entirely correct, being, 'hardly'

This. The whole thing about TPP is that the run itself, being a bunch of Twitch psychos screaming directions and letters into a chat board, is inherently lame and falls off in about 5 minutes. The real appeal came from the drawfags making artwork and memes on Reddit and Tumblr. If it weren't for out-of-context stuff like Bird Jesus and Helix Fossil, TPP would've never been anything but background noise like the TF2 and Dota matches they usually broadcast.

After Emerald I stopped watching entirely and just got updates on the situatuation. I guess the hype has died down, it seems a little repetitive.

The streamer shouldn't have put each stream in such close proximity, if it was a monthly event then I think the series may have kept enough fans hyping the next one up.

I like TPP on a conceptual idea level but I don't like actually watching it (maybe some short clips of the best parts).

that's a new one

it's a common thing on the CHAN add the suffix -fag to stuff

Edited by Esme