FE7 LHM + HHM LTC Run COMPLETE - 179 Turns

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most kills by the end of the playthrough?

2. 2. Who will enter the most battles?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4772721a6c5f758e9f09cedffca0a233.png

uhhh

I didn't even give her the drops either, I gave them to pent because his magic growth sucks

I honestly don't know how to explain it, I didn't even notice it when I was playing

at least it was on a unit that doesn't really do anything for the rest of the game anyway, and it was skill. Technically, she could still have 24 skill at level 5 promoted, so it isn't an illegal value, but it still kind of bugs me that it happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qjVeqsQnaM&feature=youtu.be

chapter 32 in 3 turns

not a whole lot to say here, coulda got renault but lazy

oh also that's my facebook beeping in the background, sorry about that.

Edited by General Horace

horace, i think you might be able to 2-turn chapter 32, but i don't know if you need someone with 28 mag or not.

anyway here's my theoryFE:

formation:

- 28 mag staffer (staffer A) starts in the far right position

- priscilla starts in one of the positions 2 tiles away from the far right

- in addition to heath, you need probably both falcoknights

turn 1 PP:

- rescue hector with heath

- dance heath with nils

- use rescue on heath with priscilla, rescuing heath to a tile just on the edge of staffer A's movement

- with staffer A, warp heath as far as possible

- drop hector 19 tiles from the gate and move heath as far as possible

turn 2 PP:

- warp staffer A with staffer B (i think staffer B needs min. 11 range)

- use rescue on a falcoknight with priscilla

- trade chain warp from staffer B to staffer A with both falcoknights

- warp hector with staffer A as far as possible

- ORKO limstella with heath

- seize gate with hector

Edited by dondon151

aaaaand im done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27AZF4j_VnA&feature=youtu.be

Nergal's part in 2 turns, dragon in 1.

I'll upload an epilogue video tomorrow, too tired to do it tonight.

Units that are absolutely required for this run: Hector, Ninils, Eliwood, Athos, Priscilla, Canas, Heath, Pent/Erk, Marcus, Vaida, Kent/Sain (promoted in Lyn mode), Kent/Sain (not promoted in Lyn Mode), Fiora, Florina, Legault, Rath, Lowen, Isadora, Hawkeye, Oswin, Matthew.

Any other units I guess can be used, but I don't think this run would be replicateable without any of the above. When I upload the epilogue video tomorrow i'll post more thoughts on individual units.

I dunno if i'll do another LTC in the future, this one was pretty time consuming and i'm having less and less of it as time goes on. Someday i'll finish my ideal FE8 clear perhaps. I'm not too interested in games outside FE7/8/11 as far as LTC goes though, so we'll see how things go.

Espinosa was sitting on 163 turns after Chapter 30, and I think he'd get theoretical counts of 12, 6, 3, 1, and 3 for the rest of the game (since his team wouldn't be able to 2 turn VoD) so this run was 9 turns faster - a slight improvement at the very least.

I'd like to thank everyone who followed this and commented and helped out, especially:

- Espinosa, I used his run as reference on many accounts, definately helped a lot. I know he hasn't been around for a few months, but I thought i'd do it anyway

- lapogne36 of youtube for the Chapter 20 strategy

- dondon for the chapter 32 strategy

- somebody else that I probably forgot about that should say something if I forgot them

- oh yeah, and myself, for finishing a playthrough topic in 3 months NEW RECORD

Edited by General Horace

horace's fiora is just jealous that she isn't heath

regardless i doubt anyone here questions horace's authenticity, and a "very good job" is in order. and i'm glad that i managed to come up with something! that's quite hard when horace covers most of the good strats already.

now you owe me a favor for cog :P

Yea, Horace's credibility is only second to yours, and I'd be more apt to believe that the game funk'd up over Horace feeding Fiora natural growth enhancements

Amazing run, Horace! I'm especially impressed you managed to find uses for Eliwood in HHM, a unit almost everyone has given up on in recent years. While the run is heavy on RNG manipulation I still find the strats used very clever.

ive still been thinking about that, and fiora got +2 like refa said again in the arena? The only time I actually hacked the rom was turning off the fog of war in Living Legend when trying to figure things out there, so unless that fucks things up, I dunno what to say.

and if i were giving +2's to units I don't know why i'd make it so painfully obvious. Feel free to check elsewhere, its not like the odd growths there affected the outcome, Fiora never entered battle after then anyway.

I'm thinking it has to be some sort of emulation issue or something.

if you give me the save dondon i'll take a look either today or monday,

Edited by General Horace

i'll PM it to you when i get home.

one way to check is to give people the saves and try to repeat the observation on a different rom. if the inputs are consistent, the RNG frame should remain the same. i think it's highly unlikely that the +2s are natural, but we can't discount the possibility that +2s can be rigged with sub-100 growths.

Edited by dondon151

unfourtunately I only have a save as far back as chapter 32, so I don't think that's an option

unless someone really wants to play from Chapter 20 again lol.

Also for the people who did the poll, the correct answers were Canas for most victories, (surprised me too) and Hector for most battles.

Edited by General Horace