Doomsday Clock Mafia - Town/ITP Win

NekoRex

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES I'M STILL ALIVE SOMEHOW (probably because my play yesterday sucked balls, why do people think I'm town again seriously). I have no idea why SB was killed of all people, will do some hardcore rereading and update my reads accordingly.

Mmmkay, gonna go with

##Vote: Kirsche

again because nothing that I've seen has changed this. Still think he's scummy, etc. I'm going to have to reread, but I'm probs heading to bed soon anyways, so that'll have to come tomorrow.

[spoiler=Unimportant]

Kind of pissed at myself for mislynching FFM, but that's how mafia goes. Sorry FFM, scumhunting is hard.

alright

refa: i noticed that you referenced big nocers with your gutread on me. take note that i made many many more excuses to avoid giving content in that game and admitted that i played up the "busy" part a bit. go read around page 7 and tell me if i would even bother as scum and instead just let the status quo continue

Yeah, after rereading you came across as a lot townier than I thought. I don't even know why I had that read, probably deadline panic and being paranoid of generally everything. After FFM's flip you look a lot better.

also if you think you're lynching me, good luck

you can't overthrow the US president!

YES I CAN...DEMOCRATICALLY!

VOTE ROOFAQUEST NOT FOR LYNCHING FOR PRESIDENT 2014

So kirsche. I'll admit some of my issues with him come from the SB flip, since SB was pushing kirsche/FFM primarily and it was obvious he'd be voting kirsche today. Yeah yeah, killspec, w/e, I do what I want (also SB didn't seem townie enough to kill based on towniness alone, but what do I know about that). SB brought up a good point regarding kirsche and his Darros cases, which you can see right here. At the same time, I don't know if he'd just straight up admit that his FFM vote was easy as scum. FFM flip also doesn't really help here since he'd do the same thing as either alignment.

BBM comes across as townier to me also. While EpicMafia is admittedly not the greatest place to get reads related to Forum Mafia, I noticed that he came across as less self conscious and did less asking meaningless questions as town which he seems to be doing now. Also has he ever had problems coming up with scum reads as scum?

Manix, I noticed you didn't really case BBM (today, I mean). Do you still think he's scum (and if so, why)? Also what do you think about kirsche?

Manix, I noticed you didn't really case BBM (today, I mean). Do you still think he's scum (and if so, why)? Also what do you think about kirsche?

haven't read either since d1, nothing has changed

Don't like how Darros pushed Poly early on and then ditched that case entirely for FFM. I feel like he wouldn't have dropped it so easily as town, just seems a bit too reactionary to people telling him the case is bad. Oh, and that whole BBM/kirsche contradiction fencesitting thing. Also also associative reads without flips and all of that but the interactions with Darros/kirsche are either scum hardbussing each other (which is possible, but less likely at least from Darros' side) or they're not scumbuddies.

Marth's scorri vote seems like making an original case for the sake of it rather than because it is the strongest case (this is something he does at scum). Why was scorri scummier than FFM at the time (especially since you stated you agreed with the cases)? You explained why you voted for her and I can get behind that but you never explained who you actually think is scummier and why. Also he never followed up on it which is bad.

Mitsuki's reaction to the FFM wagon is obvious town as fuck lol. It just doesn't read as scum to me at all, even after he flipped scum. Although kind of bothered by why she just let go of her Darros case so easily. Do you still think Darros is scum, why, and why did his one response seem so towny to you?

why so?

Because your defense of FFM read as genuine and it makes no sense to push a third wagon over them as scum.

refa: you thought marf was town due to your reaction test; does that not exist now or?

Not really. Like I said, I think his reaction is towny, but he's a smart enough player to be able to catch onto things like that.

Yeah, I know half of my scumreads are like town reads from Day 1, Refa so swingy. Anyways, just to make things obvious, here's a lynch priority for you.

Darros > kirsche > Bluedoom > Other People > Me

##Vote: Darros

If the scumteam is like Eurykins/Elieson/Polydeuces/some other people, I'm going to rage. Inactives are only cool when you're scum.

Actually, I think I'd put Bluedoom over kirsche. A lot of my issues with kirsche are because of SB's flip and SB's case on him, but I feel like my townread on him was more substantiated and he did several things which don't make sense to me as scum. Also I feel like I fucked up somewhere with my townreads, since I'm townreading every other active player. Maybe there's a scum in the inactives or something, I dunno.

Also can other people besides me/Mr. President-sansamasenseisamachandonokun post, kthnxbye.

Mitsuki's reaction to the FFM wagon is obvious town as fuck lol. It just doesn't read as scum to me at all, even after he flipped scum. Although kind of bothered by why she just let go of her Darros case so easily. Do you still think Darros is scum, why, and why did his one response seem so towny to you?

Wow, I am on the ball today. Secretly I just want to beat Manix's record and oust him as President of Spam Posting. Really though, not spamming up the thread any more.

I feel like a lot of you are just signing everyone off as town when you shouldn't be doing that.(especially BBM)

##Vote: Scorri

Her last D1 post came at a time when kirsche and FFM were tied. She doesn't specify her lynch priority in her wallpost so its hard to tell what would have happened if she was on in the last 24 hours of D1. I also feel the basis of her kirsche vote is weak because she doesn't take into account the fact that kirsche's playstyle is(no offence) naturally provocative, so emphasizing on him daring people to react to his post is scummy imo. And as I said earlier, saying BBM's reaction is town while kirsche's is not is like picking sides.

Manix's Darros case has merit. Also Darros is guilty of picking sides in the BBM/kirsche interaction just like scorri. The difference is the timing which is opportunistic.

Gut says scorri is following her anti-town!meta from ITTD where she tunneled on town!vhaltz and then proceeded to be inactive and give little content.

But shit. Darros and scorri are similar in their play this game so... TWO VOTES ARE BETTER THAN ONE! ##Unvote ##Vote: Darros

If it isn't clear, my priority as of this sentence is Darros>= Scorri.

@Refa: I'll answer in points.

1. At the time of my scorri vote FFM had four votes on him. Adding another vote on to the wagon would not be of any help at all. Other than that all I had to go was RVS, and no I don't see anything alarming in the BBM/kirsche interactions. Saying that I made a case for the sake of it is unfair imo.

2. Yes I should've been clear with my priority. For clarification I thought FFM was scummier at that point of time.

3. I didn't follow up on my scorri case because the next time I made a vote switch was after I came back home from a sleepover and I could only skim the thread a couple of times before that. Also scorri wasn't going to be lynched at that point while FFM and kirsche were tied wagons. Contrary to my scum play in AOC where I added an unnecessary vote on to the Junko wagon, my FFM vote was necessary to prevent a possible lynch tie for deadline, so I don't see why you called my FFM vote empty earlier.

@Manix: If you pick sides you tend to make your scumread seem more convincing IMO. By townreading someone if you're scum you're cutting out a possible case but it also makes it easier for you to make stronger, efficient cases on other players via arguments like PoE and interactions. I mean its not ALWAYS SCUMMY but in this context Darros and Scorri are using a weak basis(tone) to pick sides. That's why I think its scummy.

I mean I've done the same in ICBINSFMM2 and Haphazard as scum, so its not hard to anticipate similar behaviour from scum.

@Refa: OH I forgot to ask you two questions.

1. You are using killspec as part of your kirsche scumread. By this same logic, don't you think BBM could also be possible scum? SB did mention that BBM felt off and was following his scum!meta in a MotK game, so what do you think of that? You had a townread on kirsche last phase, so the 180 on this read because of killspec needs more detail IMO.

2. If you think I'm a smart players as scum, why even conduct the reaction test on me? I mean that would make it... pointless.

Speaking of BBM, I think him writing off half the player list as townreads is bad. Factor in that sole FFM scumread, and I'm scumreading him atm.

Nothing else has changed for me as far as other reads go atm. Or as far as I've read the thread. Going offline for now though.

sheep my investigative results

##Vote: Elieson

Next, @FFM- Yeah we mislynched you and part of that onus is on us for not reading you correctly. But if you're getting mislynched in so many of your games then there's something about your play that needs to be improved as well. And if you keep putting all the blame on the town without looking at your own play, it won't.

I still am not feeling the cases on Darros; sticking to his guns about Poly reads like town since there were people were considering lynching him at deadline pretty much solely because of the Poly vote. Also his wording "isn't it obvious?" makes me feel that he genuinely finds what Poly did to be suspicious.

I don't see how townreading half the playerlist is scummy when more than half the playerlist is town. If you're not townreading half the playerlist then you're not as good at getting reads as me :smug: Also fwiw without him here to confirm/deny it, SB was talking about a MotK game into which I put almost no effort because I was concentrating a lot on the SF game at the time, Healer, where I was also scum and in a worse situation. And using one game (that's not even particularly recent) as a sample for my scum meta when I've been scum a lot more times and not displayed that behaviour doesn't make sense.