Map Saving

PKL

This is honestly one of my favorite features that DSFE introduced. I missed them a lot in Awakening and I wonder if it'll come back in a future FE? I thought it was handled pretty well. What about you? Did you like map saving? Do you want it back?

I haven't played either of the DS games, but I like the idea of having one or two concrete saves in the middle of a chapter, it alleviates the main problem of longer chapters.

if only fe11 had one in chapter 1....

but yeah i liked them, although i wish that you could just have a set number at the chapters start and didn't have to step on a tile.

Ah, ikr, it would be so much better if there was one in chapter 1 H5. Those javelin hitrates mang

You guys do realize that you can save in the middle of a chapter in RD too, right? :P But I wish this feature would come back too.

Edited by Anacybele

Probably because it was convenient (like checking enemy movement ranges) rather than because it was broken, though.

RD's battle saves WERE abusive, but imo, they really came in handy for chapters like Part 3 Endgame. That one always took me forever to finish.

Probably because it was convenient (like checking enemy movement ranges) rather than because it was broken, though.

Are we thinking of the same game? Fe 10's battle save system was Incredibly broken and rewarded/forgave poor play and strategy in some cases...

Edited by Xandere

I totally loved DS's Save System, imo it is the best way of implementing saves so far. As HORSE said, it'd be better to not make a unit go to the save tile. Something like a set number of 2 or 3 Battle Saves seems good per chapter: 1 or 2 for earlygame chapters, 2 for midgame and 2 or 3 for lategame chapters.

I prefer them being tiles because then you have to take them into account in your strategy. How do I get there at the right time? Do I save with X character now or do I wait til later? Will I be able to later?

Edited by PKL

I prefer them being tiles because then you have to take them into account in your strategy. How do I get there at the right time? Do I save with X character now or do I wait til later? Will I be able to later?

can undrafteds save?

can undrafteds save?

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, meatshield, and shop.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to opening chests/doors.

Silly Bidoof

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, meatshield, and shop.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to opening chests/doors.

Silly Bidoof

It's been years since my last FE11 draft @,@

Oh hi JSND :awesome:

The savepoints in the DS-games are ok, but I would prefer "battlesaves" like in FE10 and 13, because you can save whenever you want. It's abusive, but a great option for beginners to try out every turn.

Though in general I use save points during a map very rarely, because I prefer playing "classic".

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria