• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't drink always beer, but when I do

I want it to be with Aiku

Edited by Sara.

how could it be awkward

It's like talking online.

Only in real life.

You don't understand how much that makes a difference to some people~ (people like me)

Anybody who met me in person who knew me from sf would be thrown off and probably think I lied and I'm not actually Freohr what have I done with Freohr

met up with one person, may see another once i head to university. i didnt feel awkward, but i did feel like i was boring. circumstances around the meet limited me to one area for a short amount of time, so we walked back and forth making small talk.

but it was nice though

SF meetups huh. Doubt I could, don't see myself being in one, not much of a social person IRL. Also that I don't think there's anybody close enough. Well, I'm pretty sure there are (I know there is at least one or two SF members living in SoCal, don't remember who), but it wouldn't be anytime soon since I don't have a passport anyway even if I wanted to.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

My online persona is completely different than my offline persona. Online, I'm more comfortable talking to people and I'm way more open with things. While my offline personality is the opposite. I'm extremely shy, avoid people, and very rarely open myself up to people. As much as meeting another SF member sounds cool, it's something I can't bring myself to do. At least until I get rid of my social issues.

I doubt I'm going to meet anyone here in person anyway.

personally glad I never had to meet anyone on this site. I live in New York but I don't think anyone's near me.(I would have to drive 8 hours to get to Buffaloso yeah) When I was in Florida I had a user around 2 hours away from me.

Edited by GO WITH YOUR GUTREAD GUY

I've actually met up with a friend of mine on another forum in real life. I happened to be passing through the city he lived in for vacation so I contacted him and we got to hang out for a bit (at a hospital, since he had a checkup from recovering from a condition of his on the day I was passing by his city). We called each other by our real names, rather than our online names and never once even brought up our online names we knew each other as on the forum.

That aside, I've never met anyone on SF in real life, though there's quite a lot of people I'd be willing to meet up with and hang out with. I don't really care about how shy or awkward they are in real life, so long as they're nice and polite. I also personally find shy people nicer and more relaxing to be with.

personally glad I never had to meet anyone on this site. I live in Nevada but I don't think anyone's near me.(I would have to drive 8 hours to get to Las Vegas so yeah) When I was in Chicago I had a user around 2 hours away from me.

holy shit where are you? even carson was only 6 hours away when i lived in vegas

Also, Shin is a british man dressed up as a woman dressed up as a guy dressed up as a woman.

That had a truck with naked woman ads on the Las Vegas Strip pass behind them as they were saying something.

2 of my best friends have been close enough for me to meet recently

but...i don't like going outside and being seen so it didn't happen...orz

Whose fault is that?

I've never met SF members IRL. I'm really shy offline, and I usually don't speak unless I'm near people I know.

However, I know that there are SF members in California.

Edited by PixelmanFE

I have met plenty of internet people so far, and they have been very exciting and enriching experiences for all of us.

Especially the two SF meet-ups I've had so far. They were fun strolls, many enjoyable conversations were had, plenty of over-the-top stuff happened. Not to mention that we could find out how we really are, in the ways that you only can when you face each other head to head. They proved what I was thinking about internet contacts and meet-ups all along. Most importantly, they strengthened our friendships even more.

Not to mention one of them was most baller...

So it's no wonder I want to meet up with everyone almost on principle, to the point where when someone declines I react with hostility.

To anyone who wrote that they don't want any meet-ups, now I want to meet you even more.

Also there is a SF meet-up between me and someone else currently in the works, but we keep postponing it because something always always seems to get in the way...

Edited by Ike-Mike

You don't understand how much that makes a difference to some people~ (people like me)

Anybody who met me in person who knew me from sf would be thrown off and probably think I lied and I'm not actually Freohr what have I done with Freohr

It's understandable but being familiar with the person(s) would help ease you in when you would actually with one another. Even if it's only slightly helpful it's there.

I don't think that would be the case for most of us. We'd still know who are and just generally be good chums and all that good stuff.

Internet predators are actually real, though, so I hope everyone's careful with meeting online friends in real life. I doubt that anyone here on SF is like that, but I still try to be cautious.

I'm incredibly shy and I've still been able to meet other people (I mean I was still incredibly nervous though and I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up conversation at all)

So being shy doesn't mean it'll never happen

Well...

unless maybe the difference is I'm shy yet I'm not really... antisocial or anything. I've got a bit of extrovert in my in that sense, I suppose. Like I've got social anxiety so I get extremely nervous about meeting people, but I love making friends or having fun with others. It's just... also difficult because I'm not particularly interesting to hang out with because I will hardly say a thing~ Which is especially why the skype parties are so embarrassing for me still, because I just join in but never say a thing unless I'm addressed and even then I don't have much to say. It's pretty much like I'm not even there. And it doesn't help that I'm awkward and/or slow about everything I do~

It's understandable but being familiar with the person(s) would help ease you in when you would actually with one another. Even if it's only slightly helpful it's there.

I don't think that would be the case for most of us. We'd still know who are and just generally be good chums and all that good stuff.

It's still... an incredible amount of difference to me x3 Even with my family I have trouble because of my slow slow brain

Well I was exaggerating but...

Internet predators are actually real, though, so I hope everyone's careful with meeting online friends in real life. I doubt that anyone here on SF is like that, but I still try to be cautious.

Yes and you have every right to be cautious

Edited by Freohr Datia