FE7 Chaos Mode [FE7CM] V1.34

Klokinator

Favorite characters?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favorite characters in the first third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

2. 2. Who are your favorite characters in the second third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

3. 3. Who are your favorite characters in the last third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

BOOYAH! DONE!

[spoiler=Final chapter stuff]The first part was really easy. Nergal went down to the combined power of Lyn and a newly-promoted Renault. All the other enemies barely got a hit in. Rienfleche OP.

The second part was. . .interesting. The magic seal posed no problems, as it spawned right next to Ms. Sol Katti, Fiora. I had to back everyone up on the first turn, then snipe at the army in front of me, bit by bit. FSR, the AI didn't want to attack Canas, which was probably why I survived all of that. The dragon went down to the combined forces of Eliwood and Lucius. Lyn and Hector lent their support bonuses to Eliwood.

Other than the ever-reviving asshole in the second part of Final, as well as the nonsense that was Sands of Time, I had quite a bit of fun! The OP thing in this game wasn't the weapons. Or the new classes. It was SUPPORTS. Because Eliwood and Hector get theirs fairly quickly, I was able to drop most enemy's critical down to manageable numbers (never mind the +3 DEF). Lyn joined in, which gave everyone some much-needed offense. When I do this again, I'll probably map out a team that can support each other, so that I don't have to worry so much about Goddess Icons.

Here's my thoughts on the guys I actually used:

Hector: Based sniper god/10, didn't get that much Speed for me, but eh.

Eliwood: MVP of lategame. He was able to heal for massive amounts while having Forblaze equipped, and absolutely decimate things that didn't have a legendary weapon (and some things that did)

Lyn: MEH. I had to feed her four Energy Rings so that she'd be able to damage things. She did get quite a bit of bulk, which allowed her to sponge blows once I got the last possible Basilikos.

Lowen: Solid throughout the game, until legendary weapons started popping up all over the place. Didn't get to see Final because of that.

Marcus: Extaordinary utility kept him around all the way until the end of Limstella's chapter. Lack of offense meant that he didn't get to come to Final.

Guy: MVP of early-midgame. He hit 20/20 on FFO (Linus' version); had he had more time to grow, he probably would've stomped lategame, too. Once I got a Regal Blade, nothing could stand up to him.

Kent: Pay no attention to his character description, all he needs is a Robe and maybe a Ring, and he's good to go. The Slim Lance/Javelin combo will murder stuff (and maybe a Steel Lance to kill things from three tiles away).

Lucius: He had Rapiers, so he was allowed to come. He also had existent offense, as well as a horse and lance upon promotion. I fed him just about every Dragonshield, and I don't regret it~!

Canas: A thief that could hit back. Once he became an Assassin, he was able to help chip with Silver Swords. Once he got the Regal Blade, not that many things could hit him.

Fiora: I started training her during Sonia's chapter. She went from base to something like level 7 promoted in that time span. Sol Katti saved my sorry ass more times that I care to count.

Legault: Take Kent, and make him physically tanky.

Ninils: Dancer/10, and Restore/Hammerne don't give a crap about the Magic stat.

Heath: The desert is all he needs to get enough levels to promote. Thanks to T3 promotion, he doesn't have to worry about accidentally maxing staves before light.

Geitz: He was a pain in the ass to recruit, but the pegasus triangle attack is great for getting rid of certain squishy threats (JERME).

Karla: Rienfleche is the best thing to happen to her. Armads/Wolf Beil is icing on the cake.

Renault: Despite his late join time, he can still contribute as a staffbot. . .especially if he wields a legendary weapon (which one is irrelevant). It'll take an Ultimate Seal, but he's great filler if Sain/Leila weren't trained.

Thanks for making this, and I look forward to redoing the Christmas release~!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Christmas release (Which I'm gonna be shipping a day early to Moniker if I can make that Rebecca Brigand mug work) will change a lot of things.

Most importantly, obviously, T3's are more balanced and interesting now. I decided to make T3 give S rank in the main magic type and staves, and a B rank in the secondary magic type. As well, I've also made it so all classes can get multiple S ranks, meaning Guy, who decimated before, has even more utility even without a T3 thanks to being able to potentially have S ranks in all 4 weapon types. Same for Jaffar. (Jaffar has a new mug too :D)

I personally am planning on finishing this release up, then finishing my FE8MR LP up, and if nobody has played DoG yet, I'll give that a play. If they do, I'm skipping it and LPing my own hack. Hell, even I get surprised by it sometimes, I haven't played it nearly as much as everyone else has, though I've completed two full playthroughs now.

Nobody has used Dart yet. They'll regret that, coming next release. Dart may just be the most powerful T3 that doesn't have a unique weapon. (I guess Aureola counts though!)

Oh, and in the next release, Marcus is even more useful thanks to multiple S ranks. He isn't a T3 but he can wield multiple weapon types what what!

Edited by Klokinator

Work in Dart, you say? I think I found a nice support chain that should include him, as well as the guys that I want, with one to spare. The only question will be whether or not Matthew will be able to deal damage to anything.

Dart is OP. I would nerf him but hilariously people ignore him for some reason.

Also, considering making Heath a male priest instead of a female cleric... but maybe I won't, idk.

Edit: Have a spoiler.

8cec2082bf.png

Edited by Klokinator

So, with Heath's new promotion, he will be only be able to use Luce/Areola magic? I've just got an Ultimate Seal with his name on it, and given I haven't trained a dark magic user, should I go for the sexy quadruple S ranks or the sexy new combat animation?

The Christmas update is here baby!

69f68f5df0.png

Features:
New T3's for all but the male Wizard!
New CHRISTMAS SPIRIT! NO MORE MORPHS! NO MORE QUINTESSENCE! ETC!
New mugs! (I was hoping to give Sonia a sexy outfit but we couldn't get that in time D=) I had an awesome Manbecca mug made by a devout game follower but it refuses to work in FEditor properly. #Hacking

New mechanics! Merlinus can now be SKIPPED for hardcore-ness! You can now get S ranks in multiple weapon types for multiple T3's!

And so much more! Just play to see!

Get it now!

Edited by Klokinator

So, with Heath's new promotion, he will be only be able to use Luce/Areola magic? I've just got an Ultimate Seal with his name on it, and given I haven't trained a dark magic user, should I go for the sexy quadruple S ranks or the sexy new combat animation?

What quadruple S ranks? Only Athos has that. All other characters except the generals have a max of 3 S ranks.

Also, um... I don't think "Areola" magic is a thing.........................

Just one thing to note...taking a look at the spreadsheet I noticed an oddity. I'm pretty sure Matthew's strength isn't 20 to start, heh. Looks like something got messed up there.

Other than that...grats on the new release! Been waiting for this update so I can start an LP of it within the next week or two.

What quadruple S ranks? Only Athos has that. All other characters except the generals have a max of 3 S ranks.

Heath gains Anima magic as a Witch, though it doesn't print in the promotion message. Might be a side-effect of sharing the promotion with female Sages, idk.

Also, um... I don't think "Areola" magic is a thing.........................

You mean you haven't implemented any juicy tits into the animation? Darn

So I killed Florina almost immediately on Chapter 16.

I'd do it again if I wasn't hell-bent on recruiting Fiora. That death quote is gold!

EDIT: And before I shoot myself in the foot, did you implement the "promoted units are level + 20" fix? I want Geitz back~!

Edited by eclipse

So I killed Florina almost immediately on Chapter 16.

I'd do it again if I wasn't hell-bent on recruiting Fiora. That death quote is gold!

EDIT: And before I shoot myself in the foot, did you implement the "promoted units are level + 20" fix? I want Geitz back~!

I... think I forgot to implement that fix actually. Damn.

Thanks for asking this, before the promotion items showed up! What I'll do is max out everyone's levels, then use the promotion items on the FFO prep screen. This will hinder Eliwood, but it can't be helped.