FE7 Chaos Mode [FE7CM] V1.34

Klokinator

Favorite characters?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favorite characters in the first third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

2. 2. Who are your favorite characters in the second third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

3. 3. Who are your favorite characters in the last third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

This also happens in the last last chapter with the dark druid in front of the dragon.

Confirming the same thing happened to me (dunno 'bout Limstella, because I used the mine glitch on that chapter to get her ass off the throne). If it helps, the dark druid had something like 178 HP before dying.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would one go about randomizing? Would you apply the randomizing patch then chaos or in reverse order? Happy New year's!

Oh, thank you! Time for some New year's random chaos. Off topic however, is that the girl from agarest? Just started playing so I don't remember the names too fondly.

That would be Dyshana, yes. Have fun with the lunatic random. But be warned, you're not very likely to get thieves in random so if you want chests and loots, I'd advise to continue randoming chapter 12 units until one of them is a thief.

Edited by Fateborn

Klok.

I think I may figured out why Knight/General animation are broken.

You added another copy of General Axe, Handaxe, Lance, and Knight lance despite them already existing in the animation directory. Perhaps you could look from there?

I'd like to announce a major gameplay mechanics change coming in the final version! After testing it out and calculating lots of different stats, I now know it is perfectly workable!

In the final version, ALL legendary/Uber weapons will have the original stat boosts, AND a +10 to all stats across the board, except HP. The reason for this change is because they're supposed to be far better than ordinary weapons, but yet consistently across multiple weapons I see magical legendary users being devastated by ordinary physical weaponry and vice versa.

Now, a +10 boost across the board may sound utterly staggering, but it's actually not. For example, if Durandal gets an additional +10 RES, that puts it at +40 RES boost. However, every other magical weapon of a legendary nature gets +10 MAG, therefore the bonuses cancel out. The only thing that will be affected is ordinary weapons. Even Sol Katti getting +10 SPD/LUK/DEF/RES is still hard countered by Rex Hasta. However, now Luna has less hitrate against all the physical weapons, it loses value in the final chapters.

To clarify, here's a before and after version of Sol Katti.

Before: +25 SPD/LUK, +15DEF/RES

After: +10 STR/SKL, +35 SPD/LUK, +25 DEF/RES.

I think this will make the endgame much harder and the innate weapon triangles of the legendary weapons far more crucial to pay attention to. Additionally, the Regal Blade and Luce are underwhelming, so they're getting a buff on top of these changes.

See you in the final version!

Edit: One other addendum. Now that you get a +10 MAG across the board on magical weaponry, you'll have even more range and healing with your mag/2 staves! Woot!

Edited by Klokinator

You know, about the buffing legendaries thing...is it really a good idea to make them so much BETTER than normal weapons? I mean, even if it balances out between legendaries, it kinda feels like it chokes the players options, especially in early-lategame chapters where you don't have that many. In Exponential growth/Death dealt in Darkness, should we be FORCED to use the three not-lord lords(who may or may not be trained) to stand against the legend miniboss squad/Kenneth/Ursula?

Basically, I don't like it when games go "Hey, you know that stuff you've worked hard and bled for over the past 15 hours? Forget that, use this new stuff I handed you instead, it's better in literally every way!"

That's why legendaries have limited uses. It forces you to use them strategically and not splatter them all over every single enemy you see.

However, there is a good point to be made that buffing them more means if you ever lose a bunch of them or somehow don't collect enough legendaries before the final chapters, you'll be pretty much fucked.

I think I'll buff them to 20 uses, just in case. I think I also won't buff SKL/SPD/LUK, just MAG/STR/DEF/RES.

Poison now grows stronger every turn that it's left uncured, right?

More hilarious than that actually. You'll see.

Edited by Klokinator

I gotta ask, is there some modification you can make to the AI of the sage on Legault's chapter so it makes an effort to heal rather than just rescuing the same injured unit over and over? It'd be nice if that rescue staff was actually obtainable without the mine glitch. If not, make it be the last object in the inventory so that you can get it with a mad rush of steel swords.

The enemy AI doesn't know how to use fortify.

I'll just do what you suggested and I'll put the Rescue at the bottom of the inventory or just alter the inventory in some other way.

On another note, while the final update is indeed the final gameplay update, there will be an extension update, the "Randomizer Friendly" update. I'm not only gonna make the player characters randomizable, I'm also going to make a lot of key enemies randomize too, so the entire game will shift logically everytime you play. This will be my favorite update.

Edited by Klokinator

I've decided to alter the mechanics of Ninian and Nils a bit. When you initially get Ninian, she will not have any rings. Nothing, zip, nada.

As you get rings, they add a passive bonus into your inventory. Ninis's Grace will be +10 DEF, Thor's Ire is +10 RES, etc for the other two rings. When all of them are in your inventory, you get a sizable bonus... however, you have to search them out and steal/nab them somehow. No more freebies!

Also, I'm making them unlimited uses. Yep.