Battle Animations or Map Animations?

Jotari

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch those full battle animations?

• Yep! Battle Animations are the coolest!
    • Map Animations all the way!
    • I'm too impatient so I don't use either.

Honestly I've thought the battle animations in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were good, I appreciate the effort that went into them but damn I'm just so impatient, the first thing I do when ever starting up the game is remove them in favor of the quicker map animations (and also have it so I don't have to turn my Wii sideways in Radiant Dawn). What about you? Do you like to watch those full 3D battles?

Yes, I use and love battle animations.

FE10 battle animations are much improved compared to FE9.

Flying units attack from the air, which looks epic!

I love especially the skybattles in 2-P and in 1-6-1, if Jill attacks a pegasus knight.

In some long enemy phases with involved NPCs or partner units like in 2-3 or in 3-F I tend to turn off all animations to save time.

In general the battle animations are better than in FE13.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

I do sometimes skip battle animations in both games, but I think PoR and RD had great battle animations. I'm not a big fan of the map animations in RD though - I wish they had an option to forgo animations entirely in that game, like they did in RD. I think my favorite animation is probably the BK's eclipse in RD.

I like to have the animations on. It gives off a much more dynamic feel and it's interesting how each class moves differently compared to others.

There's also that helpful glitch with Ike's Aether in FE9 that restores twice the amount of HP normally restored if the first hit finished the enemy.

I use map animations in PoR, but battle animations in RD; mostly because RD is the game I really enjoy plating and PoR is the chore I have to slog through to play RD with different transfer bonuses. There's something about PoR that just isn't that fun to me, and I'm not really sure what it is.

Also, I always use fixed-camera. The dynamic camera or whatever they call it just feels like in a movie when they abruptly change the camera angle during a fight scene a bunch of times to make it so you can't tell that they're not actually punching each other.

• 2 weeks later...

I use map animations in PoR, but battle animations in RD; mostly because RD is the game I really enjoy plating and PoR is the chore I have to slog through to play RD with different transfer bonuses. There's something about PoR that just isn't that fun to me, and I'm not really sure what it is.

Same here, but with two differences:

1) I use battle animations in PoR, as well as RD.

2) I know exactly why PoR isn't as fun as I feel RD is.

I usually keep them activated in both games. But I do sometimes turn them off in Radiant Dawn because of the Dragon Knights.

One reason is that their Hand Axe animation takes forever, the other is that Daein Dragonknights are wearing red armor during those sequences. One of these days I need to check if Begnion and Daein Dragonknights are identical or if the latter was just colored wrong. There are also other annoyances with that class tree. Like from what I recall, Brave Axe hits against fliers also take too long.

Edited by BrightBow

• 4 weeks later...