Dawn Brigade Slaughterfest - Completed

Florete

That's right, I'm doing an all DB normal run. That is, everyone who is available in 3-6 will be taken to endgame. Think I'm crazy? Yeah, I probably am. I thought it would be fun, though. I plan on abusing the hell out of bosses, battle saves, and BEXP, since pretty much all of them have a problem stat or two:

Micaiah - Speed, Defense

Edward - None really, maybe resistance

Leonardo - Speed

Nolan - Strength

Laura - None, maybe defense and resistance

Sothe - None with uber transfers

Aran - Speed

Meg - Not too much, maybe strength

Volug - Strength

Jill - Strength and Skill

Zihark - Not usually, possibly strength

Fiona - Her bases... But strength and skill can be problems

Thoughts?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry too much about Miaciah about her speed or defense...she will cap nearly everything once you level her up to Light Sage.

Aran, give him speed wings. He quite good fighter and his speed tends to improve once he becomes a Lancer.

Meg, I am using her right now at the moment, and she is quite good...just requires alot of patience to level her up. Meg tends to turn out quite good in the end, so I don't think you will have to give her stat boosters.

I never managed to level up Fiona properly.

I am not sure how your going to manage leveling all of them lot :blink:

Edited by Dark Sage

Of those who you're going to use, Zihark is my favorite. I don't think you should worry about his strenght. He's got good skill and speed, so he can easily wield heavy and powerful swords. And with his adept-skill, he might damage even more. I don't think that'll be a problem.

I just want to mention, I had Zihark kill Kurthnaga (while transformed) in one single attack. That's when he was promoted into a Trueblade. I can't remember his level, but I believe it was... a little more than 10.

Edited by xanatha

For the record, the only ones I'm worried about are Nolan and Leonardo. They've never been reliable for me, so I'm hoping I can make them good.

I'll also be taking Rafiel to endgame, for what should be obvious reasons.

Edited by Fox

For the record, the only ones I'm worried about are Nolan and Leonardo. They've never been reliable for me, so I'm hoping I can make them good.

I'll also be taking Rafiel to endgame, for what should be obvious reasons.

I can understand your worried about Leonardo, his speed is not good and is a pain to level up. For me, I have never managed to level Leonardo properly.

I don't understand why your worried about Nolan, he is quite good.

Nolan will most likely be one of your more reliable fighters, He has decent strength which Axes will undoubtedly make up for and his Speed is just fuxing amazeing.

As for Leo, he starts out pretty weak and of the three archers in the game he is the worst (Then again that doesn't really make him bad) but with careful leveling he can be really good.

Michiah suffers from so friggen late promotion it's not even funny syndrome so you'll want to save a few stat boosters for her.

Volug needs Wildheart removed IMMEDIATELY if he wants to have a chane in hell of killing anything beside Mages.

Fiona is a bitch to level but that's your call.

Also I suggest finding a chapter to spam Rafiel in.

I'm using everyone on the list, and I've used all of them at least once in previous runs, so I know there strengths and weaknesses. And yes, I'm worried about Nolan, whenever I've used him he's been lucky to hit 30 strength by 20/20/20. He also tends to have issues staying alive. If it weren't for his high HP, I'd likely replace him with Ilyana, who always pwns.

And yeah, I'll use Ike, but I won't like it.

Edited by Fox

Give Zihark and Nolan max support as quickly as possible. I'd ditch Edward for Zihark when he comes.

Make sure Leonardo maxes speed, and gets a lot of strength as well. He can actually be a good archer once he gets the Lughadshadhsffsa bow. +5 speed+34 Speed+30 Luck is pretty good evade.

Meg is going to be a liability in the endgame. Not worth taking. She won't be doubling enough to make up for her poor strength. Tauroneo is a far superior marshall if you want to use one and consider him part of the dawn brigade.

Fiona is not worth using for several, several reasons.

Volug is a monster if you can raise him. BEXP for Str+Def though.

Nolan is consistently the best character for my younger brother. He capped every stat at 20/20/14 for him last playthrough, or something close to that. Maybe it was 16. Still. There were still plenty of levels to give. Plus he gets the Tarvos, which is freakin' amazing. His strength gains aren't terrible (they aren't particularly good for someone that can cap at 40, but they aren't terrible) so bonus experience will clear things up for him pretty damn handily.

Volug is also awesome. My brother used him end-game last playthrough and even though every level was gained through bonus experience, he was freakin' awesome. Also I'm sure you know this, but removing Wildheart from Volug is a waste of time because you aren't forced into using Half-shift in battle, but having it as a backup for "OH SHIT" situations is life saving. Also lowering his damage output can help him level up.

Leo is kind of like Nolan in terms of level ups. He DOES have spotty speed (and strength) but he maxes skill and resistance really quickly, has good HP, and assuming his luck goes up steadily, he also should max everything somewhere before the level 20/20/20 mark assuming you bonus experience the last few levels before each promotion. Just rely on his special bow or the Brave Bow found in 3-6 until you're able to properly abuse the hell out of the game mechanics.

Props to you if you pull it off. Keep us posted because I'm interested in how you fare. I am kind of frustrated with Intelligent Systems for half the characters with personalities (at least in the game's outset) next to impossible to use in unison. I've been tempted to do a Dawn Brigade run (just Dawn Brigade, mind you. NOT the liberation army. Basically all the people who get special weapons from Micaiah in info conversations) but never get around to it because I'm just lazy.

Give Zihark and Nolan max support as quickly as possible. I'd ditch Edward for Zihark when he comes.

Make sure Leonardo maxes speed, and gets a lot of strength as well. He can actually be a good archer once he gets the Lughadshadhsffsa bow. +5 speed+34 Speed+30 Luck is pretty good evade.

Meg is going to be a liability in the endgame. Not worth taking. She won't be doubling enough to make up for her poor strength. Tauroneo is a far superior marshall if you want to use one and consider him part of the dawn brigade.

Fiona is not worth using for several, several reasons.

Volug is a monster if you can raise him. BEXP for Str+Def though.

Sorry, I'm taking them all. And I've seen Meg and Fiona turn out great.

Like I said, the only ones I have yet to see turn out good are Leonardo and Nolan.

I'm at 1-6-1 now. Here's how things are going: (levels are approximate)

Micaiah - lv 14, Not bad, defense is almost capped, magic is capped, others are about average

Edward - lv 11, having strength issues with his 60 growth (?)

Leonardo - lv 11, he's doing very well

Nolan - lv 13, he's having speed and skill issues (again, ?)

Laura - lv 9, good for her level

Sothe - lv 3, Does Sothe have problems this early?

Aran - lv 11, Speed is becoming an issue, but he's doing well

Meg - lv 9, She's doing well for her level, equal with Edward and Leonardo in strength

Volug - lv 15, Look at his bases. That's how he's doing.

Jill got a transfer bonus for strength, skill, speed, and defense, so she's ahead of the game, and Zihark is normal. Money is becoming an issue. Can't wait for Fiona....

Edited by Fox

Laura's at level 9 on map 6?

I'm impressed. I can see how money is becoming an issue, though.

As for Nolan issues, just keep in mind you've only been able to gain 4 levels. One of his issues is low starting stats (kind of like Fiona in those regards, just not to the same extreme). He doesn't really get ubermode until he becomes a Warrior.

Aran's speed is always "problematic" but seriously he is a monster on Defense. Even if he's getting double attacked, he should probably be fine. At least he's been that way for me a number of times.

Sothe - lv 3, Does Sothe have problems this early?

What types of problems is Sothe facing?

Sothe is quite good but the only problem I face with him is his speed?

Sometimes Sothe speed doesn't seem to increase...

I don't think you should worry too much about Sothe, he is only level 3

Edited by Dark Sage

What types of problems is Sothe facing?

Sothe is quite good but the only problem I face with him is his speed?

Sometimes Sothe speed doesn't seem to increase...

I don't think you should worry too much about Sothe, he is only level 3

Wait until some of Sothe's stats cap, then pump him some BEXP and watch his speed fly.