A list of every FE archtype an Awakening unit fits...

UnknownUber

Here's what I got so far...

Chrom - Marth

Sumia- Shiida

Lissa- Lena

Frederick - Jagen

Cordelia-Katria

Stahl - Abel

Sully - Cain

Virion - Gordin, Jeorge

Kellam - Draug

Gregor - Ogma

Lon'qu - Nabarl

Gaius - Julian

Ricken - Merric

Olivia - Feena

Cherche - Minerva

Basilio and Flavia - Gotoh

Say'ri - Nyna, Jeorge

Emmeryn - Elice, Cornelius

Gangrel - Michalis

Robin - Kris, Katarina

Libra - Wendell

Nowi - Young Tiki

Validar - Gharnef

Mustafa - Camus

Donnel - Trainee

Yen'fay - Camus

Lucina - Seliph

Tharja - Salem

Maribelle - Maria

Aversa - Ephidel

Vaike - Barst, Boyd

Laurent - Arthur

Cynthia - Fee

The Units left are

Miriel

Panne

Henry

Anna

Walhart

Tiki

Priam

Severa

Kjelle

Noire

Nah

Gerome

Brady

Owain

Yarne

Inigo

If those units fit into any other archtype then comment in the topic...

Edited by UnknownUber

Here's what I got so far...

Chrom - Marth

Frederick - Jagen

Stahl - Abel

Sully - Cain

Virion - Gordin

Kellam - Draug

Gregor - Ogma

Lon'qu - Nabarl

Gaius - Julian

Ricken - Merric

Olivia - Feena

Cherche - Minerva

Basilio and Flavia - Gotoh

Say'ri - Nyna

The Units left are

Sumia-Shiida

Lissa-Wrys

Vaike-Barst

Miriel-

Tharja

Donnel

Cordelia-Katua

Maribelle

Panne

Libra

Henry

Anna

Nowi

Gangrel

Yen'fay

Aversa

Walhart

Priam

Emmeryn

Tiki

If those units fit into any other archtype then comment in the topic...

If sayri is nyna, then YenFay is Camus

Nowi Bantu

Gangrel as Lang?

Gregor Ceasar I guess

Libra Wendell

Actually it's been thought that Mustafa was Camus, but I didn't include him because I wanted playable units

All the children characters are Ests

If anything I'd use the children characters from FE4 to determine thier archtypes....

Tiki is Tiki.

Anna is Anna.

No questions asked about those two.

Emm-Elise

Robin-Katarina or Chris/Kris.

Anna's debatable as this is the first time she's ever been playable. Tiki is obviously herself.

Tharja seems more like Katarina in my opinion.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Actually it's been thought that Mustafa was Camus, but I didn't include him because I wanted playable units

Camus isn't playable in FE1 and FE11 (the 2 games in which he appeared in as an unrecruitable boss unit).

There has benen more than one character for an archetype before, so Mustafa and Yen'fay as a Camus is acceptable.

Ok, Fair Enough, Yen'fay can be considered one

If there is a Catria archetype, Cordelia certainly fills that one. Both have unrequited crushes on the main lord of the game, and they're both good pegasus knight units.

If there is a Seliph archetype, Lucina fills that role. Just like how Seliph lost his father early in childhood, Lucina lost Chrom in the original timeline.

Maribelle fits in the Maria and Ethlyn archetypes.

Aversa is of the Ephidel archetype.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Mustafa exists for one chapter. Yenfay exists for a solid chunk of the game. He's also directly of interest to the NonMain protagonists Princess (Nyna cared for Camus, Sayri cared for YenFay).

I really feel like just being an honorable enemy doesn't make you a Camus archetype, if something more closely related exists.

If there is a Catria archetype, Cordelia certainly fills that one. Both have unrequited crushes on the main lord of the game, and they're both good pegasus knight units.

If there is a Seliph archetype, Lucina fills that role. Just like how Seliph lost his father early in childhood, Lucina lost Chrom in the original timeline.

The Seliph archtype is usually the lord of the second generation so Roy would fit this as well (I consider FE6 a Gen 2 game)

Vaike is rather similar to Boyd from the Tellius games since he has a rivalry with Chrom similar to how Boyd is rivals with Ike.

Henry is rather similar to Knoll from FE8 as both use dark magic and they know people from the territory that is considered an enemy to the protagonists' territory (Henry with Plegia and Knoll with Grado).

Tharja seems to fit the Salem (from FE5) archetype (if there is one) since they're both the first recruitable dark mages in their respective games (Salem is the first playable dark mage ever in the series) and they start off as enemy units that have to be persuaded to in order to be recruited.

I only said Katarina because she had said, at the beginning of the game, that she wanted to be Altea's tactician.

I wasn't trying to prove you wrong or anything. Sorry if it seemed like I did, Robin's archtype is open for opinion and he can have 2.

But I personally think Kris is a better fit due to both being the Avatar characters of thier respective games and Tharja seems more like due to thier infatuation with the Avatar (Although Katarina's is a lot less creepy).

Cynthia is much like Fee from FE4 in that they're both very cheery pegasus knights.

Laurent is similar to Arthur from FE4 -- both gifted mages and have a rather cold and logical exterior with a vulnerable side. They've also experienced periods of isolation.

Wait, what do Nowi and Bantu have in common besides their class?

Actually, a lot of these seem like class is their entire basis. Is class an archetype?

Starting class, growth rates, character personality and joining time are some of the traits that members of an archetype can share.

Actually, a lot of these seem like class is their entire basis. Is class an archetype?

classes are, by their very definition, a form of gameplay archetype in the traditional sense. in the context of the fe fandom's widespread obsession with the concept of archetypes, however... yeah, not so much