A list of every FE archtype an Awakening unit fits...

UnknownUber

i don't even understand how half of these constitute as archetypes

"shiida" = "early joining pegasus knight" i mean come on

The definition used here in the case of the Caeda archetype, however could apply more to people like Lana, Lilina, Lyn, and Tana, more than it would to Fee, Shanna, Florina, and Vanessa, however. Edited by Just call me Al

The definition used here in the case of the Caeda archetype, however could apply more to people like Lana, Lilina, Lyn, and Tana, more than it would to Fee, Shanna, Florina, and Vanessa, however.

How are Lana, Lilina, and Lyn similar to Caeda? Other then the whole Canon love thing. When I assumed a Caeda archtype, I would guess that they would mean the first Pegasus Knight in the game that introduces Archer weakness and is generally useful through the entire game...

The way I see it: If there were a Caeda archetype, I would imagine that it would typically be molded around characters who are in a sense "shipped" with a Lord character by the game itself. (In the cases of those I mentioned, it would respectively be Seliph, Roy, and Hector.) Characters in the archetype would also be easily described as "stouthearted and kind". And they would also have some sort of previous history with the Lord character in question. (With Lyn admittedly being an obvious exception to the "previous history" bit, as she doesn't know Hector until Noble Lady of Caelin.)

Of course, anything else would largely depend on the character in question.

It might be the most imaginative reasoning, but it's the best I got. Of course, it should be noted that it's pretty obvious to see that Llilina was based off of Caeda.

Do they play like laguz?

Manakete/laguz units (a powerful unit that has restrictions that require calculated use) is a legitimate, non-forced archetype.

Maybe, I'm not sure if Panne and Yarne would count as the Taguel class is fairly mediocre...

Lilina I'd nothing like Caeda. They're exact opposites. One is a weak mage, the other is a really useful Pegasus Knight. Even in terms of personality, they're nothing alike. Lilina is extremely beta while Caeda is the opposite.

Actually it's been thought that Mustafa was Camus, but I didn't include him because I wanted playable units

No Camus archetype character has ever been playable in the game in which they were a Camus archetype (Camus is playable as Zeke and Sirius in FE2 and FE3, but by that point he's not a Camus), that's kinda the point of the archetype. They're the noble, idealistic hero on the wrong side of the conflict that you have to kill. I don't think Yen'fay really fits, because you don't realize that he's noble until you beat him. Mustafa definitely fits more.

I think Yen'fay can count, he might just be a little different than the archetype is supposed to be.

Besides, there's been more than one character for an archetype before, so I say it's fine.

Lilina I's nothing like Caeda. They're exact opposites. One is a weak mage, the other is a really useful Pegasus Knight. Even in terms of personality, they're nothing alike. Lilina is extremely beta while Caeda is the opposite.

Both are blue-haired princesses. Both are the primary love interests for their games' main hero. Both can recruit seemingly random characters to their army. And their personalities can be described as jovial, childish, serious when they need to be, compassionate, charismatic, and indescriminate. Literally, their only differences are their unit types and usefulness (as you've pointed out, which has shouldn't have any bearing on any "archetype" qualifications), and the fact that Lilina's naive when Caeda isn't.

Heck, Binding Blade's ending when Roy has an A support with Lilina even arguably parallels with Shadow Dragon's ending when Caeda's alive. Only that the roles are swapped between the guy and the girl in both games. (As in Shadow Dragon, it's the guy who can't spit out his feelings. While in Binding Blade, it's the girl.)

Edited by Just call me Al