[RESULTS are up!] Contest: Create your FE: Midnight Sun weapon!

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alfred is really busy this week since he has to study for university and has other issues to solve.

He told me that he'll try to post the results within this week. He also apologizes for making you wait.

Edited by Soen

I just voted because didn't know it was ongoing :P. Also the Batmobile is so... so... uhm, not-a-FE-weapon?

The interesting thing is, though, if it does keep 8 uses, you can use it to just be a +1 mov boost. Like, equip it onto Faratrass, get the Mov+1 bonus, move, and equip something else. Might as well make it a passive buff.

Edited by Crazycolorz5

Here we go.

Please note that this is my opinion. You may agree or not agree with me.

Some notes: you could vote the weapons with "OK", "Good" or "Excellent", which granted respectively 1, 2 and 3 points. Not voting for a weapon granted it 0 points.

I'll list the number of OK/Good/Excellent that every weapon got, along with their average score.

Nub Weapon: 2/5/3 = 2,1 means that Nub Weapon got 2 OK, 5 Good and 3 Excellent, for an average score of 2,1 out of 3.

#1 Batmobile 3/9/22 = 2,56

I was expecting this. I don't think the Batmobile is a good weapon, gameplay wise: its forging requires some really valuable (and better) items, and it only has 8 uses.

It's a joke weapon, and a funny one, and that's why it got all those votes.

Pros: funny concept, some of its effects are really cool

Cons: ruins setting, some choices are bad gameplay-wise, requires ASM for its effects, requires custom magic animation with custom SFX

#2 Hell's Bane 5/11/15 = 2,32

0c41799d42.png

I like this one. Using the three Devil weapons to forge the ultimate evil weapon is really cool. The Str-boosting effect is well thought indeed. Some of its effects are a bit complicated though, and it has too many effects for a weapon. This makes it complicated to handle in game (it's hard to explain all of its effects, and it's hard for the player to remember them and use the weapon properly in different situations). Overall, it's a good weapon.

Pros: nice concept, cool effects, fair stats, cool forging materials

Cons: while cool, the effects are a bit too complicated and require ASM

#3 Bread Knife 12/9/20 = 2,20

02531d4214.png

This is a really fun weapon, and it's also useful. Unlike the Batmobile, it doesn't ruin the setting and its effects are simple and fair. For how the weapon is designed, it could very well be just an item instead of a weapon: there's no reason for you to use this. You get a passive +3 Luck and Hoplon Guard effect, and it has 0 Mt. Judging by the description though, that was intended.

Pros: nice and fun concept, good effects, YOU USED THE CROISSANT

Cons: not-really-a-weapon

#4 Hailfang 5/15/10 = 2,17

91e373e59a25af3af349a41658035022.png

High crit, devil effect, Blizzard magic at distance? This is a good concept. I like it, nothing much else to say.

Pros: good concept, fair stats.

Cons: devil effect might be nasty, considering its high crit. But that isn't necessarily a "con". It's what Glenn wanted to begin with.

#5 Life Icon 10/17/12 = 2,05

bAxtAQG.png

The only "item" that was submitted. Great concept, it's basically a passable Renewal skill, and it might tweak the gameplay for the better. I really like it, altough its effect requires some extra ASM (the "soothing" effect isn't a passive effect as of now).

Pros: Great concept, makes for a funner gameplay

Cons: might require some (easy enough) ASM

#6 Flametongue 7/15/7 = 2,00

hw0g5HE.png

While the concept is OK, and the flametongue animation is always a pleasure to see, I think the effect isn't anything special. You already have the Judgelight (and Judisol) tomes in MS, along with the Sacred weapons. Another monster-slayer weapon would make skirmishes and monster-based chapters a bit too easy.

Pros: concept is ok, cool animation

Cons: effect doesn't add anything to the game

#6-2 Varsaul 6/13/6 = 2,00

D0ngoJK.png

lol both of Lindsy's weapons got the exact same score

The devil effect applied to a spear might be a bit game-breaking. The Berserk staff only has 3 uses and very low Hit, but Varsaul is basically guaranteed to hit. You can easily put a whole army under the berserk status, sit and wait for the enemies to kill themselves. However, the Devil effect makes up for that... partially.

Pros: concept is fun. 666 gold? Ahah that's brilliant, Lindsy.

Cons: it could easily break the game, especially with the skill Canto being in MS: hit and run, then see the opponents kill themselves... and the difficulty.

#7 Gluttony 10/13/9 = 1,97

Gluttony_zps26272794.png

I like the name and the fact that it uses the croissant+hirudinea among the forging materials. However, I think that the effect is basically a broken Luna. Could've been more creative with that...

Pros: Great idea using Hirudinea and the Croissant. And again, the 666 gold.

Cons: The effect is broken (dat 50 crit too) and too similar to Luna.

#8 Warm Staff 10/8/8 = 1,92

warmstaff.png

So, a staff that can also serve as a fire tome.

The question is: what's the difference between having Fire+Heal in your inventory, and using this?

Heal doesn't get equipped, so you'd still be able to counterattack with Fire (or any better tome). It even prevents you from equipping a better tome in the meantime. While the idea is cool, I see no use for this... apart, maybe, from saving 1 inventory slot, but heh.

Pros: Idea is nice and quite brilliant

Cons: ...It's useless.

#9 Tempest 8/8/6 = 1,91

ffde0i.png

It's basically a stronger Levin Sword. Umh, magic swords can crit at range in GBAFE, so its effect is redundant...

Pros: very balanced

Cons: it has nothing special, after all

#10 Midnight 6/11/4 = 1,90

Sample_1.jpg

While I like the fact that you attempted at a Prf weapon for Fa, I still think this is absolutely broken. 80 Hit + Sleep effect... Fa is already pretty strong as she is, with this she'll be able to solo any map or boss without any effort. That "uncounterable" effect doesn't help.

Pros: the idea isn't bad...

Cons: ...but the realisation could use some work. It's totally OP and kills the difficulty of the game

#11 Sogeki 8/15/4 = 1,85

14uzxqt.png

I think this bow is well designed. 1-3 range might seem OP, but it can't double. It's heavy, so it makes it easier for Archers/Snipers with it to be doubled while carrying it (so even if they counter at 1 range, they might still be killed afterwards). Also, the lock makes it so that other classes can't take advantage of that 1-3 range (a Warrior with this would be scary).

Pros: Interesting and well planned design.

Cons: 1-3 range might ruin the feeling of using a sniper that can't counter at 1 range-- it's not exactly bad per se, but some people may not like the idea. I know I have nothing against it, at least.

#11-2 Ascalone 11/8/7 = 1,85

image.png

30 crit, Brave effect, AND uncounterable. No offense, but this lance is OP and kills any difficulty. 10-12 Mt means that you could still proc 7-10 x4 damage on heavy armored foes. With 30 innate crit. Without giving them the possibility to counter at all.

Pros: Nothing in particular, from my point of view...

Cons: Terribly OP

#12 Yomishi 10/16/5 = 1,84

29VEC7b.png

I think this sword is too strong for two reasons. First, a 12 Mt weapon effective against Mages/Sages means that you could easily 1RKO (or even 1HKO) any Sage in the game, even bosses. That's huge, and it doesn't have any side effect -- at least, the "Devil strong vs. religious" weapon set has the devil effect (and it's heavy as hell). Hammer/Armorslayer/Heavy lance are very heavy, have low Hit, relatively low Mt, and are meant to be used against opponents with very high defense. If the effect was this, it would still be OK anyway. I mean, Faratrass' Oblumbra does pretty much the same against Knights. But then there's the second effect of this weapon, the "Silence" status. Now, that's what makes this really OP. Silence means "any mage can't counter or attack or heal for x turns". And this sword has 75 Hit. Hmm... yeah, it's OP. The Silence staff only has 3 uses and it has very low Hit (because the targets usually have very high Res). With this, you're guaranteed to Silence anyone without much effort.

Pros: I like the idea of a mage-killing sword.

Cons: But the Silence effect is really OP. The stats also are very high for a weapon with these effects.

#13 Dragon Arrow 8/10/4 = 1,82

UoiKRer.png

This is basically Nidhogg with 2-3 range, and it also allows you to heal yourself. Too strong for a B-rank, and doesn't add anything special to the game...

Pros: Nothing in particular, from my point of view.

Cons: 2-3 range and 17 Mt. Huh. Also kills the difficulty of any monster-based chapter.

#14 Scythe 10/12/5 = 1,81

Scythe_zpse89fa994.png

Interesting concept! I also like the stats.

Pros: nice concepts, fair stats and effect

Cons: None

#15 Jolly THWACK 11/6/6 = 1,78

c4c9c5a9e5.png

Unlike the Bread Knife, this one is rather unbalanced. It can cause Berserk quite easily, that's it. I like the jokes, though.

Pros: It's fun. The religious-killer effect in particular... since it targets Res, it still doesn't do much damage lol.

Cons: Berserk effect kinda ruins everything.

#16 Ice Spear 11/10/5 = 1,77

IceSpear_zps2792d613.png?t=1409450924

It's... simple. Very simple. Basically a bow-javelin?

Pros: fair concept, this kind of javelin could add something to the gameplay

Cons: it's a little too simple...

#16-2 ThunderBld 8/11/3 = 1,77

ThunderBld_zps820d3695.png

Interesting enough. But 1-8 range is a bit unfair. Bolting couldn't counter, this sword can. However, it's not OP-- it can't double, after all.

Pros: Nice concept, might be interesting to test the 1-8 range.

Cons: For a weapon with 1-8 range, 12 Mt is a bit too much.

#17 Hraesvelgr 10/11/4 = 1,76

uRWaa2u.jpg

Basically what I said for #11-2 Ascalone, Brave+Uncounterable is sooo OP...

Pros: nothing in particular, from my point of view

Cons: OP effect

#17-2 Dainsleif 12/7/6 = 1,76

weapon%20idea%20one%20pres.png

Good Lord. 100 crit? Uncounterable? This sword is... really OP.

Forget the Mt and Uncounterable. Just think about an Assassin with this. 50% innate chance to proc Lethality. The description of the weapon says it all "almost always a sure kill"... translated: "almost always not a good idea".

Pros: While being OP, it's OP with style at least

Cons: While being stylish, it's OP as fuck

#17-3 Sylpheed 10/11/4 = 1,76

ZDJjEFw.png

This is interesting. While it can't be countered, it can't double either. Would still make bosses quite easy. Uncounterable is such an OP effect...

Pros: While being uncounterable, it's still -quite- balanced.

Cons: While being acceptable, it's still an 1-2 range uncounterable tome... which is no good.

#18 Farflame 9/11/3 = 1,74

farflame.png

Interesting! It's basically like #11 Sogeki, but this can double (even if it has way lower Mt).

So... it's balanced, it adds something to gameplay, without being ridiculously OP... I like.

Pros: nice and fair concept, good stats.

Cons: 1-3 /might/ be a problem /only/ if the Mt stat is too high. In this case, 2-12 leaves enough space for a balanced choice... so yeah, not exactly a problem here.

#19 Sun 10/8/4 = 1,73

Sample_2.png

I absolutely love the fact that you created a "Midnight - Sun" set of weapons for Faratrass and Shiori!

So... this one has the same problem as #10 Midnight and #12 Yomishi, among others.

90 Hit and a Silence effect means that 1/2 of the units of the game become powerless in front of this.

It's not as OP as Midnight, but it's still too strong.

Pros: I love the concept. / bias

Cons: It's OP...

#20 Saviour 11/10/4 = 1,72

4LiFO6i.png

This is one of those "cool but absolutely OP" weapons. Since it can't double, it would be acceptable... if not for that 80 Crit. It's... seriously too much. 1-3 range is unbalanced too...

Pros: It's very cool, I like the ideas here.

Cons: It's really unbalanced.

#21 Phoenix Edge 12/10/3 = 1,64

PhoenixEdge_zps1160aa2f.png

I'm not gonna lie, I love this one. It has a brave effect, 25 Crit and 1-2 range, but that doesn't make it OP due to the low Mt (only 5). Most importantly... Fire element + Regen effect + "Phoenix" in its name... absolutely brilliant.

Pros: Awesome concept, fair stats, seems really fun to use

Cons: None.

#22 Nemesis 12/9/3 = 1,63

mvquILA.png

At first I thought "Cool, a tome that boosts Res and has a Regen effect... must be pretty fun to use to stop hordes of mages, especially considering that Shamans/Druids/Fa in MS have low Res..." then I read "Uncounterable" and, well, by this point you all know what I think about that effect.

Pros: The concept is nice, I like it.

Cons: But the Uncounterable effect ruins it all.

#23 Dragoon 15/6/5 = 1,62

ex2.png

Oh look, it's Mega-Salamance!

Hm well... this would be totally OP, if not for the 5 Mt and "cannot double" effect... but still, 255 Hit? 100 Crit? Eek.

Pros: Concept is... well, it's a Mega-Salamance!

Cons: Stats are weird

#24 Tsubame Kira 10/5/3 = 1,61

cIrHgtf.png

I love that you made a set of Prf weapons for Cattleya and Menmus. And this sword in particular would be pretty interesting if not for those... absurdly high boosts. Seems FE4 all over again.

Pros: Nice concept

Cons: OP stat boosts

#25 Dramon Breaker 12/7/3 = 1,59

DramonKiller_zps8d01fb00.png

This sword is huuuge

Basically, it can 1RKO Dracozombie easily. 14 Mt + Brave is a bit too powerful, though...

Pros: Nice concept, I like the huge size and the fact that it can be used as a "shield" (Hoplon Guard effect)

Cons: 14 Mt is a lot for a Brave weapon. Not exactly a problem, anyway. It's an S-rank after all, and it hasn't, like, 20 Mt.

Silvans in TLP was similar to this and didn't make Shon OP, so I think it's ok. or maybe it was because Shon sucked

#26 Astral Lance 12/10/2 = 1,58

nGO3UtS.png

In my opinion it's ok - Brave effect and Regen. Even if, as I said for #25 Dramon Breaker, 15 Mt for a Brave weapon is really a lot.

Pros: clean and fair concept

Cons: stats are unbalanced

#27 Rigael 16/8/2 = 1,46

ztetsi.png

It's too easy to kill swordmasters with this. It's acceptable to make it strong vs. berserkers though, because of the weapon triangle disadvantage.

Pros: Might be interesting to use against berserkers

Cons: 35 Crit and effective against swordmasters make it unbalanced

#28 Gàe Darg 13/2/3 = 1,44

fUOz98h.png

Same as #24 Tsubame Kira, the stat boosts are OP.

Pros: Nice concept, I like the fact that you gave a Prf to Menmus

Cons: Stat boosts are OP

#29 Devastation 12/3/2 = 1,41

Sample_3.png

This seems very... frustrating to use. Its stats makes it totally luck-based.

Pros: Nothing in particular

Cons: Luck-based

#30 Hell Axe 11/4/1 = 1,38

2442m3s.png

Hmmm... a stronger Devil Axe?

Cons: Nothing in particular

WINNERS

#1 Batmobile OR #2 Hell's Bane (made by Klokinator)

[spoiler=Hell's Bane]dfa20be638.png

The Batmobile won the contest, but it has many cons. It ruins the setting (a bit too much even for a joke weapon), it requires some heavy asm, it requires a new battle animation for the magic casting and even a magic animation for the actual SFX.

For those reasons, I won't insert the Batmobile unless Klok or somebody else goes through the trouble of making the aforementioned features.

Since #2 Hell's Bane is another weapon made by Klok, and it doesn't ruin the setting or require some crazy work to be inserted, I'll be inserting that unless someone provides some good-quality material for Batmobile.

#21 Phoenix Edge (made by Sairento)

[spoiler=Phoenix Edge]PhoenixEdge_zps1160aa2f.png

This is my personal favorite.

You took the effects of the Agile Sword (low Mt, high crit, brave effect) and the fire of the Holy fire, and you made a weapon with both of their features (fire magical damage, low mt, relatively high crit, brave effect) + the Regen effect... AND it all makes sense, because it's a Phoenix, so it has fire and it has regeneration... Man, this is a really cool concept and a cool weapon. It's also balanced and seems really fun to use in middle-late game. Congrats. ;)

#5 Life Icon (made by Toa)

[spoiler=Life Icon]bAxtAQG.png

Simple but great concept! If my ASM wizards manage to make a passive-regen effect, I'll gladly add it to the hack too.

Thank you all for partecipating!

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Really? Tempest made the top 10? I'm actually kind of surprised. And yeah, I know it's nothing special.

However, in the vanilla FE games, magic swords (AKA the only swords with 1-2 range you get) all have 0 crit from 2 range. Unless they need a lot of extra +crit to do so, but I never saw more then a 0% crit chance when attacking with a sword at range. If anyone can give me a screenshot of a magic sword critting from 2-range in a non-patched game of Fire Emblem, then I'll believe that they can crit from a distance.

Sorry for that, just clarifying my opinion.

The wind sword certainly can, IIRC. The runesword cannot. I don't remember if the light brand can't but I know the FE6 light brand can't.

I tried to gameshark in a wind sword in Sacred Stones, but don't have any time anymore now, got to go to uni. Can anyone else please confirm? (Also, I think if light brand could crit at range in 7, I think Lloyd in CoD and Jerme would be a lot more dangerous)

Found this while searching the wiki (at uni, git a couple spare minutes), from the "Magic Sword" page, which includes the Light Brand, Runesword and Wind Sword:

"In the GBA Fire Emblem games, most classes that can wield magic swords have critical animations, but the weapons do not have a chance to critical. Generally the animation looks similar to the regular animation, but the sword flashes for a moment after being held up."

i could've redone ascalone but i didnt

eh, but i suppose mine's ok but not the best

next time i should make a pitchfork into a weapon instead

I was planning to make that my second weapon, before the batmobile struck as inspiration. I was gonna put in a Neptune's Trident.

Here we go.

Please note that this is my opinion. You may agree or not agree with me.

Some notes: you could vote the weapons with "OK", "Good" or "Excellent", which granted respectively 1, 2 and 3 points. Not voting for a weapon granted it 0 points.

I'll list the number of OK/Good/Excellent that every weapon got, along with their average score.

Nub Weapon: 2/5/3 = 2,1 means that Nub Weapon got 2 OK, 5 Good and 3 Excellent, for an average score of 2,1 out of 3.

#1 Batmobile 3/9/22 = 2,56

I was expecting this. I don't think the Batmobile is a good weapon, gameplay wise: its forging requires some really valuable (and better) items, and it only has 8 uses.

It's a joke weapon, and a funny one, and that's why it got all those votes.

Pros: funny concept, some of its effects are really cool

Cons: ruins setting, some choices are bad gameplay-wise, requires ASM for its effects, requires custom magic animation with custom SFX

#2 Hell's Bane 5/11/15 = 2,32

0c41799d42.png

I like this one. Using the three Devil weapons to forge the ultimate evil weapon is really cool. The Str-boosting effect is well thought indeed. Some of its effects are a bit complicated though, and it has too many effects for a weapon. This makes it complicated to handle in game (it's hard to explain all of its effects, and it's hard for the player to remember them and use the weapon properly in different situations). Overall, it's a good weapon.

Pros: nice concept, cool effects, fair stats, cool forging materials

Cons: while cool, the effects are a bit too complicated and require ASM

#3 Bread Knife 12/9/20 = 2,20

02531d4214.png

This is a really fun weapon, and it's also useful. Unlike the Batmobile, it doesn't ruin the setting and its effects are simple and fair. For how the weapon is designed, it could very well be just an item instead of a weapon: there's no reason for you to use this. You get a passive +3 Luck and Hoplon Guard effect, and it has 0 Mt. Judging by the description though, that was intended.

Pros: nice and fun concept, good effects, YOU USED THE CROISSANT

Cons: not-really-a-weapon

#4 Hailfang 5/15/10 = 2,17

91e373e59a25af3af349a41658035022.png

High crit, devil effect, Blizzard magic at distance? This is a good concept. I like it, nothing much else to say.

Pros: good concept, fair stats.

Cons: devil effect might be nasty, considering its high crit. But that isn't necessarily a "con". It's what Glenn wanted to begin with.

#5 Life Icon 10/17/12 = 2,05

bAxtAQG.png

The only "item" that was submitted. Great concept, it's basically a passable Renewal skill, and it might tweak the gameplay for the better. I really like it, altough its effect requires some extra ASM (the "soothing" effect isn't a passive effect as of now).

Pros: Great concept, makes for a funner gameplay

Cons: might require some (easy enough) ASM

#6 Flametongue 7/15/7 = 2,00

hw0g5HE.png

While the concept is OK, and the flametongue animation is always a pleasure to see, I think the effect isn't anything special. You already have the Judgelight (and Judisol) tomes in MS, along with the Sacred weapons. Another monster-slayer weapon would make skirmishes and monster-based chapters a bit too easy.

Pros: concept is ok, cool animation

Cons: effect doesn't add anything to the game

#6-2 Varsaul 6/13/6 = 2,00

D0ngoJK.png

lol both of Lindsy's weapons got the exact same score

The devil effect applied to a spear might be a bit game-breaking. The Berserk staff only has 3 uses and very low Hit, but Varsaul is basically guaranteed to hit. You can easily put a whole army under the berserk status, sit and wait for the enemies to kill themselves. However, the Devil effect makes up for that... partially.

Pros: concept is fun. 666 gold? Ahah that's brilliant, Lindsy.

Cons: it could easily break the game, especially with the skill Canto being in MS: hit and run, then see the opponents kill themselves... and the difficulty.

#7 Gluttony 10/13/9 = 1,97

Gluttony_zps26272794.png

I like the name and the fact that it uses the croissant+hirudinea among the forging materials. However, I think that the effect is basically a broken Luna. Could've been more creative with that...

Pros: Great idea using Hirudinea and the Croissant. And again, the 666 gold.

Cons: The effect is broken (dat 50 crit too) and too similar to Luna.

#8 Warm Staff 10/8/8 = 1,92

warmstaff.png

So, a staff that can also serve as a fire tome.

The question is: what's the difference between having Fire+Heal in your inventory, and using this?

Heal doesn't get equipped, so you'd still be able to counterattack with Fire (or any better tome). It even prevents you from equipping a better tome in the meantime. While the idea is cool, I see no use for this... apart, maybe, from saving 1 inventory slot, but heh.

Pros: Idea is nice and quite brilliant

Cons: ...It's useless.

#9 Tempest 8/8/6 = 1,91

ffde0i.png

It's basically a stronger Levin Sword. Umh, magic swords can crit at range in GBAFE, so its effect is redundant...

Pros: very balanced

Cons: it has nothing special, after all

#10 Midnight 6/11/4 = 1,90

Sample_1.jpg

While I like the fact that you attempted at a Prf weapon for Fa, I still think this is absolutely broken. 80 Hit + Sleep effect... Fa is already pretty strong as she is, with this she'll be able to solo any map or boss without any effort. That "uncounterable" effect doesn't help.

Pros: the idea isn't bad...

Cons: ...but the realisation could use some work. It's totally OP and kills the difficulty of the game

#11 Sogeki 8/15/4 = 1,85

14uzxqt.png

I think this bow is well designed. 1-3 range might seem OP, but it can't double. It's heavy, so it makes it easier for Archers/Snipers with it to be doubled while carrying it (so even if they counter at 1 range, they might still be killed afterwards). Also, the lock makes it so that other classes can't take advantage of that 1-3 range (a Warrior with this would be scary).

Pros: Interesting and well planned design.

Cons: 1-3 range might ruin the feeling of using a sniper that can't counter at 1 range-- it's not exactly bad per se, but some people may not like the idea. I know I have nothing against it, at least.

#11-2 Ascalone 11/8/7 = 1,85

image.png

30 crit, Brave effect, AND uncounterable. No offense, but this lance is OP and kills any difficulty. 10-12 Mt means that you could still proc 7-10 x4 damage on heavy armored foes. With 30 innate crit. Without giving them the possibility to counter at all.

Pros: Nothing in particular, from my point of view...

Cons: Terribly OP

#12 Yomishi 10/16/5 = 1,84

29VEC7b.png

I think this sword is too strong for two reasons. First, a 12 Mt weapon effective against Mages/Sages means that you could easily 1RKO (or even 1HKO) any Sage in the game, even bosses. That's huge, and it doesn't have any side effect -- at least, the "Devil strong vs. religious" weapon set has the devil effect (and it's heavy as hell). Hammer/Armorslayer/Heavy lance are very heavy, have low Hit, relatively low Mt, and are meant to be used against opponents with very high defense. If the effect was this, it would still be OK anyway. I mean, Faratrass' Oblumbra does pretty much the same against Knights. But then there's the second effect of this weapon, the "Silence" status. Now, that's what makes this really OP. Silence means "any mage can't counter or attack or heal for x turns". And this sword has 75 Hit. Hmm... yeah, it's OP. The Silence staff only has 3 uses and it has very low Hit (because the targets usually have very high Res). With this, you're guaranteed to Silence anyone without much effort.

Pros: I like the idea of a mage-killing sword.

Cons: But the Silence effect is really OP. The stats also are very high for a weapon with these effects.

#13 Dragon Arrow 8/10/4 = 1,82

UoiKRer.png

This is basically Nidhogg with 2-3 range, and it also allows you to heal yourself. Too strong for a B-rank, and doesn't add anything special to the game...

Pros: Nothing in particular, from my point of view.

Cons: 2-3 range and 17 Mt. Huh. Also kills the difficulty of any monster-based chapter.

#14 Scythe 10/12/5 = 1,81

Scythe_zpse89fa994.png

Interesting concept! I also like the stats.

Pros: nice concepts, fair stats and effect

Cons: None

#15 Jolly THWACK 11/6/6 = 1,78

c4c9c5a9e5.png

Unlike the Bread Knife, this one is rather unbalanced. It can cause Berserk quite easily, that's it. I like the jokes, though.

Pros: It's fun. The religious-killer effect in particular... since it targets Res, it still doesn't do much damage lol.

Cons: Berserk effect kinda ruins everything.

#16 Ice Spear 11/10/5 = 1,77

IceSpear_zps2792d613.png?t=1409450924

It's... simple. Very simple. Basically a bow-javelin?

Pros: fair concept, this kind of javelin could add something to the gameplay

Cons: it's a little too simple...

#16-2 ThunderBld 8/11/3 = 1,77

ThunderBld_zps820d3695.png

Interesting enough. But 1-8 range is a bit unfair. Bolting couldn't counter, this sword can. However, it's not OP-- it can't double, after all.

Pros: Nice concept, might be interesting to test the 1-8 range.

Cons: For a weapon with 1-8 range, 12 Mt is a bit too much.

#17 Hraesvelgr 10/11/4 = 1,76

uRWaa2u.jpg

Basically what I said for #11-2 Ascalone, Brave+Uncounterable is sooo OP...

Pros: nothing in particular, from my point of view

Cons: OP effect

#17-2 Dainsleif 12/7/6 = 1,76

weapon%20idea%20one%20pres.png

Good Lord. 100 crit? Uncounterable? This sword is... really OP.

Forget the Mt and Uncounterable. Just think about an Assassin with this. 50% innate chance to proc Lethality. The description of the weapon says it all "almost always a sure kill"... translated: "almost always not a good idea".

Pros: While being OP, it's OP with style at least

Cons: While being stylish, it's OP as fuck

#17-3 Sylpheed 10/11/4 = 1,76

ZDJjEFw.png

This is interesting. While it can't be countered, it can't double either. Would still make bosses quite easy. Uncounterable is such an OP effect...

Pros: While being uncounterable, it's still -quite- balanced.

Cons: While being acceptable, it's still an 1-2 range uncounterable tome... which is no good.

#18 Farflame 9/11/3 = 1,74

farflame.png

Interesting! It's basically like #11 Sogeki, but this can double (even if it has way lower Mt).

So... it's balanced, it adds something to gameplay, without being ridiculously OP... I like.

Pros: nice and fair concept, good stats.

Cons: 1-3 /might/ be a problem /only/ if the Mt stat is too high. In this case, 2-12 leaves enough space for a balanced choice... so yeah, not exactly a problem here.

#19 Sun 10/8/4 = 1,73

Sample_2.png

I absolutely love the fact that you created a "Midnight - Sun" set of weapons for Faratrass and Shiori!

So... this one has the same problem as #10 Midnight and #12 Yomishi, among others.

90 Hit and a Silence effect means that 1/2 of the units of the game become powerless in front of this.

It's not as OP as Midnight, but it's still too strong.

Pros: I love the concept. / bias

Cons: It's OP...

#20 Saviour 11/10/4 = 1,72

4LiFO6i.png

This is one of those "cool but absolutely OP" weapons. Since it can't double, it would be acceptable... if not for that 80 Crit. It's... seriously too much. 1-3 range is unbalanced too...

Pros: It's very cool, I like the ideas here.

Cons: It's really unbalanced.

#21 Phoenix Edge 12/10/3 = 1,64

PhoenixEdge_zps1160aa2f.png

I'm not gonna lie, I love this one. It has a brave effect, 25 Crit and 1-2 range, but that doesn't make it OP due to the low Mt (only 5). Most importantly... Fire element + Regen effect + "Phoenix" in its name... absolutely brilliant.

Pros: Awesome concept, fair stats, seems really fun to use

Cons: None.

#22 Nemesis 12/9/3 = 1,63

mvquILA.png

At first I thought "Cool, a tome that boosts Res and has a Regen effect... must be pretty fun to use to stop hordes of mages, especially considering that Shamans/Druids/Fa in MS have low Res..." then I read "Uncounterable" and, well, by this point you all know what I think about that effect.

Pros: The concept is nice, I like it.

Cons: But the Uncounterable effect ruins it all.

#23 Dragoon 15/6/5 = 1,62

ex2.png

Oh look, it's Mega-Salamance!

Hm well... this would be totally OP, if not for the 5 Mt and "cannot double" effect... but still, 255 Hit? 100 Crit? Eek.

Pros: Concept is... well, it's a Mega-Salamance!

Cons: Stats are weird

#24 Tsubame Kira 10/5/3 = 1,61

cIrHgtf.png

I love that you made a set of Prf weapons for Cattleya and Menmus. And this sword in particular would be pretty interesting if not for those... absurdly high boosts. Seems FE4 all over again.

Pros: Nice concept

Cons: OP stat boosts

#25 Dramon Breaker 12/7/3 = 1,59

DramonKiller_zps8d01fb00.png

This sword is huuuge

Basically, it can 1RKO Dracozombie easily. 14 Mt + Brave is a bit too powerful, though...

Pros: Nice concept, I like the huge size and the fact that it can be used as a "shield" (Hoplon Guard effect)

Cons: 14 Mt is a lot for a Brave weapon. Not exactly a problem, anyway. It's an S-rank after all, and it hasn't, like, 20 Mt.

Silvans in TLP was similar to this and didn't make Shon OP, so I think it's ok. or maybe it was because Shon sucked

#26 Astral Lance 12/10/2 = 1,58

nGO3UtS.png

In my opinion it's ok - Brave effect and Regen. Even if, as I said for #25 Dramon Breaker, 15 Mt for a Brave weapon is really a lot.

Pros: clean and fair concept

Cons: stats are unbalanced

#27 Rigael 16/8/2 = 1,46

ztetsi.png

It's too easy to kill swordmasters with this. It's acceptable to make it strong vs. berserkers though, because of the weapon triangle disadvantage.

Pros: Might be interesting to use against berserkers

Cons: 35 Crit and effective against swordmasters make it unbalanced

#28 Gàe Darg 13/2/3 = 1,44

fUOz98h.png

Same as #24 Tsubame Kira, the stat boosts are OP.

Pros: Nice concept, I like the fact that you gave a Prf to Menmus

Cons: Stat boosts are OP

#29 Devastation 12/3/2 = 1,41

Sample_3.png

This seems very... frustrating to use. Its stats makes it totally luck-based.

Cons: Luck-based

#30 Hell Axe 11/4/1 = 1,38

2442m3s.png

Hmmm... a stronger Devil Axe?

Cons: Nothing in particular

WINNERS

#1 Batmobile OR #2 Hell's Bane (made by Klokinator)

[spoiler=Hell's Bane]dfa20be638.png

The Batmobile won the contest, but it has many cons. It ruins the setting (a bit too much even for a joke weapon), it requires some heavy asm, it requires a new battle animation for the magic casting and even a magic animation for the actual SFX.

For those reasons, I won't insert the Batmobile unless Klok or somebody else goes through the trouble of making the aforementioned features.

Since #2 Hell's Bane is another weapon made by Klok, and it doesn't ruin the setting or require some crazy work to be inserted, I'll be inserting that unless someone provides some good-quality material for Batmobile.

#21 Phoenix Edge (made by Sairento)

[spoiler=Phoenix Edge]PhoenixEdge_zps1160aa2f.png

This is my personal favorite.

You took the effects of the Agile Sword (low Mt, high crit, brave effect) and the fire of the Holy fire, and you made a weapon with both of their features (fire magical damage, low mt, relatively high crit, brave effect) + the Regen effect... AND it all makes sense, because it's a Phoenix, so it has fire and it has regeneration... Man, this is a really cool concept and a cool weapon. It's also balanced and seems really fun to use in middle-late game. Congrats. ;)

#5 Life Icon (made by Toa)

[spoiler=Life Icon]bAxtAQG.png

Simple but great concept! If my ASM wizards manage to make a passive-regen effect, I'll gladly add it to the hack too.

Thank you all for partecipating!