[RESULTS are up!] Contest: Create your FE: Midnight Sun weapon!

Alfred Kamon

I assumed the Bread Knife was a joke so I also voted it pretty highly, like 3 pts.

Most of the submissions are objectively terrible/boring so I only voted for ones that were interesting, that I would use in my own games, or that had a weapon icon at the least. If they didn't fit any of those criteria, no votes.

Shocked Batmobile isn't the winner by a long shot :O. Even if it doesn't win though, I'll just use it in my own game and fit all of those criteria.

Edited by Klok's Juicy Tits

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You kidding? It's 8 uses sure, but grants full immunity to light magic and +1 movement. Fullimmunity to a weapon type that someone like Faratrass should normally be weak to is pretty badass, plus only being 1 range means she won't counterattack light mages at 2 range, thereby not wasting tome uses.

You kidding? It's 8 uses sure, but grants full immunity to light magic and +1 movement. Fullimmunity to a weapon type that someone like Faratrass should normally be weak to is pretty badass, plus only being 1 range means she won't counterattack light mages at 2 range, thereby not wasting tome uses.

it's kinda shame that Batmobile gets very little uses tho, but it may actually make it because it'll be one of those precious rare items that you have to save the uses properly or it'll lost forever but we're talking about forging here so we can still make more Batmobiles so I doubt it'll have more sentimental values than the legendary items that can only be gotten once on the games

To be fair there's an S ranked tome in the formula to make it so it's actually impossible to get more than one (Unless Alfred makes it possible to get multiple S rank tomes??) but a simple solution is lowering the cost to 888 and removing the S rank tome.

If it had to win, I'd change it a bit to make it fit into the game.

Like, 88 uses, or even infinite uses.

It'll be a postgame easter egg Summoning Orb that Promoted!Faratrass can use. (Summoning Orbs are monster weapons exclusive to Faratrass that, precisely, allow you to summon monsters in battle) For example, "Sum. Achilletaur (Description: Summons an Achilletaur with a Devil Scythe)" will basically be a stronger Devil Scythe with infinite uses (strong vs. religious, devil effect). "Sum. Skeleton (Summons a Skeleton with a Killer Bow)" will have higher crit, but lower Mt than a normal Killer Bow (because a Skeleton is unpromoted) etc. The animation is very simple, there's Faratrass opening a portal, and the monster comes out from there and attacks.

So Sum. Batmobile should be pretty doable. Perhaps with a zombie cosplayer driving it in the animation. /bahah

Oh, I'm saying this because the Batmobile is winning now.

Hell's Bane and Bread Knife are immediately after.

Hailfang is doing good too.

Fifth is the Life Icon.

The competition is still open tho and damn, I really like the Bread Knife. Despite being a joke weapon, it is useful and doesn't ruin the setting at all. A good concept.

P.S. Klok, in the forging examples in the first post, there's also Excalibur (Anima, S rank). You can assume I'll make S rank weapons forgeable. ;P

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Wow both of mine are winning? Badass. That being said, I really like the bread knife too. You should just have three winners, hehe.

Incidentally, Gluttony was one of my favorite entries. Sad it's not in the top 5. I'm not fond of Hailfang because the bio for it was basically "Maybe this but idk balance so maybe not this". That being said it had a cool weapon icon :)

Edited by Klok's Juicy Tits

Wow both of mine are winning? Badass. That being said, I really like the bread knife too. You should just have three winners, hehe.

Incidentally, Gluttony was one of my favorite entries. Sad it's not in the top 5. I'm not fond of Hailfang because the bio for it was basically "Maybe this but idk balance so maybe not this". That being said it had a cool weapon icon :)

Well, I *might* insert more than 2 weapons after all. XD

There are at least 3 weapons that inspire me quite a lot. And one of them hasn't been voted much, unfortunately.

Gluttony is really cool, but totally unbalanced. We all know how broken Luna was, and this one has 100 Hit and 50 Crit. Faratrass could easily solo any map with that.

I just like that it requires the croissant and it has a cool name. If it drained like, 3 HP of the user's everytime you attacked (Think like it gluttonously consumes your spirit) or it had a devil effect or something similar, it'd hardly be broken.

In FE7if, I loved the Devil Axe. It has 150 hitrate, 20 weight, 50 crit, and 25 mt, but when it backfires, it basically instakills the user. The devil effect is by far the most powerful limiting factor on any weapon, as long as the user doesn't RNG abuse. Of course, if they do then the effect is easily avoided which just means an ultra powerful weapon. But hey, you just plan around this by giving enemies lots of said weapon, see :)