FE10 HM DB

PKL

Decided to show stats for my current RD transfers run. As you can see, you can have 3 tier 2 DBs and even S strike rank volug if you know how in Casual playthroughs. Jill T can even get to Level 7 Tier 2 with Paragon abuse in 1-Endgame. Dang. This proves my point on the whole "DBs have no exp" thing. Honestly, if one is gonna play casually, I'd recommend Jill just as much as in LTC, if not more. Just...look at how broken she is. She's 20/7 and was given a robe, drop and dracoshield, no RNG abuse whatsoever. She was blessed in def in tier 1 and didnt get any spd procs until level 20 of BEXP (and then got a bunch of spd levels in 1-E in a row). She destroyed 3-6 and got to like Level 15 and is probably going to be BEXPable in 3-12 on her str. Edward destroyed his side of the 3-6 map too with Resolve Wrath, thicket, caladbolg and Nolan A support. Sadly, I think I'll drop Nolan due to how screwed he is after 3-6 and just focus on Edward. Micaiah got to Level 20 in Tier 1 through Sacrifice Paragon abuse in 1-7 til Level 17 and was like -1 on spd until 1-7 and later BEXP.

Anyway, I think I'll make my endgame team in this run: Marcia, Elincia, Tanith, Oscar, Boyd, Rolf, Edward, Jill, Astrid (Lucina told me on SKype chat to use her though so far shes gotten str lck and hp lck res levels...) and Nephinel

PD: Transfer Marcia and Neph are <3 and life

EDIT: I've been using Titania and Mia in the GMs so if Astrid doesnt cooperate then, well, i'll just give her spot to one of them.

Edited by PJSalt

What's the context of this run? Is it to prove someone wrong?

At first I just wanted to replay RD in HM but without turns in mind because it's been awhile. And then I said, "hell, let's debunk the SF myth that the DB has serious exp issues". Of course, they still do if we're talking LTC, but most ppl that complain about the DB dont play LTC. Btw, something else I noticed, S Strike Volug ORKOs cats if he's grassed to transformation. :o

Edited by PJSalt

That's cool. That's the sort of approach one should take, if they haven't been playing in a while. Just...have fun. That's what I've been doing. Of course, when picking FE10 backup, I actually just went with LTC (because I wasn't very good, back in the day).

So, to clear things up: This run of yours, is it just a casual run (NO turn in mind?)?

Speaking about myths, I've never understood why people say GMs have funds issues and Blue Game should be sent via Ilyana. I've never had funds issues with GMs not getting the Blue Gem. I even think the DBers need more the Blue Gem due to the diversity of items at the bargains at 1-E and P3 chapters, like Physic, Elixirs, Storm Swords, Blizzard, etc.

That's because people who "know how to play" (for lack of a better word, no offense), probably don't do that. With Ilya sending the Blue Gem over and the GMs getting the White Gem and a Goddess Icon...yeaaaahh no.

Speaking about myths, I've never understood why people say GMs have funds issues and Blue Game should be sent via Ilyana. I've never had funds issues with GMs not getting the Blue Gem. I even think the DBers need more the Blue Gem due to the diversity of items at the bargains at 1-E and P3 chapters, like Physic, Elixirs, Storm Swords, Blizzard, etc.

I have no issues with either team's funds lol. Forged stuff in the DB, bought Torch, Physic, Storm Sword etc. And I transferred a bunch of things to the GM. There's a ton of useless skills that can and should be sold for money that many probably dont sell, really. Like Cancel, Fortune, Renewal, Howl, Shriek, etc.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, September 7, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, September 7, 2014 - No reason given

That's cool. That's the sort of approach one should take, if they haven't been playing in a while. Just...have fun. That's what I've been doing. Of course, when picking FE10 backup, I actually just went with LTC (because I wasn't very good, back in the day).

So, to clear things up: This run of yours, is it just a casual run (NO turn in mind?)?

You're good now? Give me a break.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, September 7, 2014 - No reason given

Someone that matches your Part 1 without transfers isn't good? Aiming and shooting our own foot, are we? :smug:

Edited by Soul

Someone that matches your Part 1 without transfers isn't good? Aiming and shooting our own foot, are we? :smug:

Who cares? Being a good LTCer has nothing to do with matching my turn counts. A good LTCer has to come up with original strategies. You've already seen my videos. You know my strategies. You can't say that you came up with these strategies without any help whatsoever.

Freaking SNOWY could imitate my strategies by watching my videos. =_=

And transfers don't really help in Part 1 anyway. Sothe just needs to get more lucky to get certain turn shaves, that's all. It's really in Part 3 where Jill's transfers start to shine.

Edited by Chiki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcKudHBKdPU

ALL I HEAR IS JOHNS

You have to admit, it's pretty arrogant of you to even begin to assume that watching your videos = imitate strategies. You've watched dondon's videos before, haven't you? And, apparently, you didn't actually imitate his strategies.

My strategies are so, so original, that I get to incorporate my favorite Bottom tier scrubs into play. What's that, Jill? Haar? Why not just Heather? :smug:

I think it's pretty clear to all of us here, that I'm the best around. dondon agrees. The sooner you realize it, the less time you'll waste responding. Although, I suppose I could give you credit. You've actually inspired me to make strategies of my own!

Edited by Soul

Yeah Chiki, I've never seen you use savestate abuse to rig everything. So Soul's strategy isn't derivative of yours at all.

Edited by WeaponsOfMassBaldrick

They are. But, I prefer playing on an actual Wii. It doesn't run full speed on my computer.

I also LOVE how you assume I play on an emulator, based on...what proof, exactly? I understand you're choking from all that shit in your throat. But don't spit it out here, alright?

Kindly shut the fuck up, sweetheart. (;

Edited by The Gluttony

the GMs rely heavily on +5 MT hand axe forges, so they do need the money.

They might need forged hand axes which are worth 3k or 4k or such iirc, but that's by 3-8 onwards. Even then units like Reaver!Boyd and Haar won't need them absolutely until like 3-E or P4, while Titania will surely need them at 3-8 because Generals. But, as Soul said, GMs get a Blue Gem via Shinon (3-4?), White Gem, Goddess Icon and Silver Card (sold after 3-2 purchases), add to that bunch of vulneraries and unnecessary weapons from CRKs that can be sold. There are resources and funds everywhere.

+25 hit is unncessary and there's where people run out of funds. If anything the only units that need +hit forges (+15 at max) are Javelin users specially the Seraph Knights, asides from Sothe. But GMs don't need a high investment on +hit hand axes, even base 70 hit is enough when they are by third tier and have skl and lck over 30 and 20, respectively.

they need forged hand axes ASAP because the biggest benefit of forged hand axes is not the +5 MT, but rather the +25 hit.

+25 hit is unncessary and there's where people run out of funds. If anything the only units that need +hit forges (+15 at max) are Javelin users specially the Seraph Knights, asides from Sothe. But GMs don't need a high investment on +hit hand axes, even base 70 hit is enough when they are by third tier and have skl and lck over 30 and 20, respectively.

I'd like to see numbers for both arguments. I know the guys in GM don't start out with the stats Quint mentioned, for one.

haar is like, what, 20/1 by 3-8? he has 28 luk, 17 skl for 73 base hit. unforged hand axe has 70 base hit.

3-8 warriors and halbs have 58 avo and the SMs have 63 avo.

so when both parties have neutral bio, haar has 80 hit on the SMs and 85 hit on the warriors and halbs. if haar is at a bad bio differential, then he has lower hit. a +15 hit hand axe forge is sufficient for neutral circumstances, but he needs at least +20 hit to almost nullify the risk of bad outcomes.

and where else are you going to be spending the money, anyway... javelin has even lower base hit and javelin forges absolutely require the full +25 hit bonus, especially if you're playing with marcia (T) and tanith (T) and want to make them into lighter versions of wrecking balls.

Edited by dondon151