Wow, nobody likes Yarne...

UnknownUber

I like Yarne! His preferred dad is Gregor. He isn't bad it's just his starting class is bad and his personality is "Oh I'm scared of everything." which at first comes in as humorous but quickly gets old.

Edited by Zephyr

Is he that bad a unit?

I see little to no mention on him when it comes to optimization...

What is his preferred dad anyway?

If there's any Yarne hate, it's likely more because of his personality. Though his starting class being Taguel, AKA "Worst class in the game" doesn't do him any favors.

Ingame? Great mother, great growths, terrible starting class. Not worth it if you're highmanning.

Postgame? Incredible mods and base classes. No Galeforce, but he doesn't care because he's the best hard support in the game (bar Avatar-M occasionally). Anyone who says he's not good postgame is wrong (or playing with some really weird set of restrictions). His best fathers are Virion and Stahl. Hit+20 is the only thing he needs to make his Berserker complete, and he also makes a great support Sniper (Virion!Yarne@Sniper is the best hard support in the game for boosting DS). Both of them give great mods, too. Fred, Lon'qu, Vaike, Gregor and Henry give nice mods as well, but they don't give any skills he particularly cares about so they aren't as good as the first two.

Aesthetics? Subjective, but I'd guess he's not at the top of the stack here. Might be where all this supposed unpopularity is coming from.

There's not much to him.

He's pretty much an unscrewable hard support and an unfixable lead, which makes optimizing him kinda boring. Fred for breakers and hitting hard, Gregor for merc. Stahl or Virion can throw Hit+20 at him as well [but they may be in demand elsewhere].

Gerome works better when specced right too [since DSu+ allows for some interesting things].

Edited by Airship Canon

HE HAS SHARP POINTY TEETH!

Whats not to love?

Hes kinda niche but ive found uses for him as a hard hitter with either Gregor or Fred as a dad. Lon'qu!Yarne isnt half bad either. Libra!Yarne makes for some hella res if yer into that sort of thing. (Yarneball does better outside mag use doe)

As for character, i like him just fine. His supports with Noire are quite cute.

I like Yarne as a character, but not as a person. His cowardice frustrates me, he's one of those that you love to hate. I usually have Panne marry Gaius because I enjoy the irony of the "proud Taguel race" being reduced to a family of petty criminals. I don't hate him, I just like everyone else more.

• 2 months later...

I Love Yarne!

He's so fluffy and cute and badass at the same time

(And has an hilarious confession quote)

(And has an hilarious support with female morgan, especially when she's my brother's Tiki-Mothered daughter XD)

I don't have a favourite father for him thought. Maybe Gaius? But... well, I dunno Xq

In my opinion, he's a good unit... he's so fast!

I like Yarne o:, especially his critical hit quotes!

The only problem is that his A support conversation with FeMU doesn't fit because he never change ingame, so it's like done for nothing