Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ana, I have every right to attack you if you're trying to grab the ledge in a normal game of Smash. If you wanted to play by those rules, you shouldn't expect me to follow them if you never asked me beforehand

I was quite far from the edge though, nowhere near being able to grab it most of the time. And I don't make special requests anymore. People never liked me doing that and I began to see why. I realized it looked like I was looking for handicaps. But if people have the right to attack me when I'm that far away from the stage, how am I supposed to get around it? I don't see any possible way. If I try to dodge, I get hit anyway, or I fall to my death because I put myself out of recovery range. This is why things like wall-grabbing were banned, because they give the player an unfair advantage.

Radiance: That's too late for me... By that time, the TV is being used by someone else here. I guess we won't ever get to play. :(

Can no one else play for a bit? I still would like to improve... If there's any way for me to.

Edited by Anacybele

GGs, Dotty. I'll take the victory over Roy. But I will beat your Marth eventually!

I'm still avaiable to play, guys

But if people have the right to attack me when I'm that far away from the stage, how am I supposed to get around it? I don't see any possible way.

By avoiding said attacks? Fast-falling, air dodging, and moving around the air are all ways you can avoid attacks when you're in the air, and your opponent will attack you regardless if you're between the stage's edges or not. We all have the same options as you; I'm not going to pull any punches because you can't avoid my attacks whilst you're in the air, and I wouldn't expect my opponent to do so either. It's just something you're going to have to deal with and try to beat

Edited by DodgeDusk

By avoiding said attacks? Fast-falling, air dodging, and moving around the air are all ways you can avoid attacks when you're in the air, and your opponent will attack you regardless if you're between the stage's edges or not. We all have the same options as you; I'm not going to pull any punches because you can't avoid my attacks whilst you're in the air, and I wouldn't expect my opponent to do so either. It's just something you're going to have to deal with and try to beat

Wouldn't fast-falling just make you fall to your death? And I've tried air-dodging, I still get hit anyway. In fact, that happens a lot. I can't seem to dodge/shield like 90% of the time, while it seems like others have no problem doing that against my own attacks, even if we're using the same character. You can tell me over and over "just avoid them" but it won't help me any.

I don't know what I do wrong. If I'm too predictable, I don't know how to be unpredictable. If I need to read my opponent better, it's impossible for me to do that. I have no skill in it. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to suck. It's embarrassing. Not to mention frustrating.

Edited by Anacybele

Alright, well, I'll be waiting for that time then. :)

I always thought fighting games were what I was best at. Maybe they're not... Or maybe it's that Smash Bros. is different from Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur or whatever. It IS pretty different, after all.

Edited by Anacybele

Can you beat CPUs Ana? Generally playing the game and experiencing what characters do in situations is what leads to the experience to know how to predict and avoid things. If you're never winning then you could just be fighting people that are too far out of your league and need someone a bit more intermediate to combat. Computer players can be pretty good to train against because they're technically very good in many regards but also quite predictable in many others.

I actually think playing CPU's (too much at least) can be detrimental, as you can see their patterns pretty easily, and they hardly ever vary from them. If it's your only option, I guess it's better than nothing, but i'd much rather play against real people.

If anyone wants to play now, I can actually play, I don't think i've posted here before, my NNID is WAKKAWAKKAWAKKA

I actually think playing CPU's (too much at least) can be detrimental, as you can see their patterns pretty easily, and they hardly ever vary from them. If it's your only option, I guess it's better than nothing, but i'd much rather play against real people.

If anyone wants to play now, I can actually play, I don't think i've posted here before, my NNID is WAKKAWAKKAWAKKA

Yeah I think most of everyone would rather play against real people but if you're just getting you ass kicked, aren't learning anything and aren't having fun then something in the formula needs to be modified.

Damn, I'm going through auto-pilot right now. Not want I want. GGs, Dotty

All right, GGs!

Also, re: CPUs, they teach you bad habits, don't act like real players and have ridiculous reaction time.

Better to practise on For Glory, I would say. At least you have a chance of playing someone good there.

Edited by Dotty

Yeah I think most of everyone would rather play against real people but if you're just getting you ass kicked, aren't learning anything and aren't having fun then something in the formula needs to be modified.

I guess it's all down to personal preference, I play with Ice Sage probably more than anyone and barely pull a 15% winrate, but I definately feel I improve every time I play him. I don't really get demoralized at all though, in general.

All right, GGs!

I'm incredibly fascinated by our Roy ditto match; we both play him differently, and yet both styles worked. I always considered how you play Roy to be how Roy is meant to be played. But I was the victor. I find it strange

Now go Marth so I can finally beat your Marth and I can be happy with myself :P:

Edited by DodgeDusk

I'm incredibly fascinated by our Roy ditto match; we both play him differently, and yet both styles worked. I always considered how you play Roy to be how Roy is meant to be played. But I was the victor. I find it strange

Now go Marth so I can finally beat your Marth and I can be happy with myself :P:

It was interesting, yes. I don't know about my Roy being how he should be played, since it seemed pretty shabby to me!

Haha, I will next time, don't worry! Just thought I had a good opportunity to shake the rust off my secondary.

(and let's face it, you totally had that first match, I only won because I lucked out with you SD-ing)

Oh sure, gg's!

I did notice that after getting hit by attacks and throws you tended to always try to attack back, and it made some situations easier than they could have been. Maybe try changing things up a bit?

Edited by General Horace