Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys I got ambitious and decided to make this.

The Official Serenes Forest Smash Bros IRC!

• Server: darkmyst (irc.darkmyst.org)
  • Channel: #sfsmash
  • Ops: Elieson [Open to having a a few other mods since having a few makes monitoring and moderating easier).
    • People may request to be ops for the duration of their tourneys.

Important: Do not impersonate other users on IRC. We will ban you for it.

If you don't have an IRC client, you can use this Mibbit browser applet to join in discussion at any time. Type in a nickname that is recognizable, and type in #sfsmash as the channel.

[spoiler='Guide for the Mibbit login]

It's pretty easy. Click the link above, then make sure that your page looks like this [obviously replacing YourNameHere with your desired login name].

d5de818909ef1f2a565c1859f9d65f7f.png

Check in here to talk about smash in a chatroom with unlimited size (unlike the SF chatroom that's limited), and to connect for planning smash matches and tourney matches. Think of it as a thread chatroom, so as not to clog up a thread with little bits and pieces. I'll be keeping it up as often as I can so as to maintain logs. There is a skype chatroom as well, but this is more accessible for people who don't have access to Skype, but have access to their browser, or who regularly use iRC for chat. Alternatively, log in to the chatroom simply to show that you're available for play, and log out when you're not. It'll make finding matches easier because you'll easily be able to tell who's online/on standby, and who's not.

Since the room seems to be picking up in popularity, I'm reposting this because shameless self-advertising reminder to those who may have missed it previously.

Also, I've made it even easier to join. Click THIS, set a Username, and click Go. That's it; you're in.

Edited by Sara.

Hey, is something wrong with Mibbit?

I'm trying to use the nickname "Carter" but it keeps telling me to choose a different one. I know an easy solution is a to pick a different name but... what gives?

Turns out, there's already a Carter logged in under an approved name (Probably the host of another chatroom or something). Rare instance of NameDupes

4f81a5f8aeaa0a1ec7c41dfdfc69da4f.png

Well, guys, I've finally concluded that my issues online actually ARE due to my internet since I just got booted offline from a match and neither of the people I was playing with got disconnected. Sadly, I don't think there's much I can do about it. It's not my router, as I still live with my mom and stepfather. I've been wanting to move out for ages, but it's hard finding a job that pays enough to where I can pay my own rent and bills and stuff and still save some extra. I can talk to my parents, but I doubt it will do much since I've mentioned having issues in the past with my laptop and Wii U (though the issues with the latter were much less frequent, likely due to it being downstairs and closer to the router).

If I can't find any solutions soon though, I probably have to quit playing online. I'm ruining my own fun and probably ruining that of others because of these problems.

Edited by Anacybele

OMG WHY AM I THE HOST I'M REALLY BAD AT DECIDING

I HATE SAYING NO TO PEOPLE BUT I REALLY JUST WANT TO 1 v. 1 :(

Good games earlier, Carter. But it looks like you can't clip Pit's wings all the time!

Interesting stuff with Jiggs, by the way. Made the match a lot longer than what I'm used to playing. How did you do it? D:

Good games earlier, Carter. But it looks like you can't clip Pit's wings all the time!

Interesting stuff with Jiggs, by the way. Made the match a lot longer than what I'm used to playing. How did you do it? D:

Sorry, I wasn't doing my best xD.

I remember that one match at the Find Mii stage (ZSS vs. Fox), THAT was intense. However, I'm torturing myself by not using ZSS in online play, in order to get better with my other mains. Zelda, I'm getting better and better with! I'm pretty proud of myself. Peach and Ness... I admit, they're a bit rusty.

I'll try heading into training mode to practice some combos.

Jigglypuff isn't one of my mains. I just used her for fun. I might've used her once, twice; only a couple of times before this match.

But I did use her a bit in Brawl / Project M, so that's where that came from.

Sorry, I wasn't doing my best xD.

I remember that one match at the Find Mii stage (ZSS vs. Fox), THAT was intense. However, I'm torturing myself by not using ZSS in online play, in order to get better with my other mains. Zelda, I'm getting better and better with! I'm pretty proud of myself. Peach and Ness... I admit, they're a bit rusty.

I'll try heading into training mode to practice some combos.

Jigglypuff isn't one of my mains. I just used her for fun. I might've used her once, twice; only a couple of times before this match.

But I did use her a bit in Brawl / Project M, so that's where that came from.

Yeah, that's why I didn't go to Fox throughout the matches--need to up my Pit game. I need to start doing the same with Villager some time soon

I was referring to the fact we just basically messed around, but okay. I tried using her this game, but she didn't click with me. Might need to force myself to use her a bit

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm doing with Rosalina. But your Pit is really good!

I like her, a lot. But I really suck with her, so I'm trying to force myself to use her xD. It's working... a bit. I just can't seem to stop Luma from dying! Whenever he gets knocked off the stage, he never replies, so I just sit there alone.

Yeah, that's why I didn't go to Fox throughout the matches--need to up my Pit game. I need to start doing the same with Villager some time soon

I was referring to the fact we just basically messed around, but okay. I tried using her this game, but she didn't click with me. Might need to force myself to use her a bit

Your go by dusk online right? I think I challenged you yesterday for a match. I was the not so very good Toon Link player.

Edited by Sasori

Your go by dusk online right? I think I challenged you yesterday for a match. I was the not so very good Toon Link player.

Pieter? Yeah, I remember you. Sorry for the sudden departure that session. There's a reason why, but truthfully I've forgotten what it was. Think I promised a 1v1 with someone. Your Toon Link has potential!

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm doing with Rosalina. But your Pit is really good!

I like her, a lot. But I really suck with her, so I'm trying to force myself to use her xD. It's working... a bit. I just can't seem to stop Luma from dying! Whenever he gets knocked off the stage, he never replies, so I just sit there alone.

Heh, thanks. I'd try to offer Rosaluma tips, but I know nothing about her

Pieter? Yeah, I remember you. Sorry for the sudden departure that session. There's a reason why, but truthfully I've forgotten what it was. Think I promised a 1v1 with someone. Your Toon Link has potential!

Heh, thanks. I'd try to offer Rosaluma tips, but I know nothing about her

Ah thanks your Fox was great. Toon Link has been my main for a while, but I never really went up against experienced players during my melee/brawl time. Still figuring out good ways to finish people off in this version.