Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

Will there be an issue for me? I don't really get home until 6 EST on Fridays, but I can still connect to the Internet in my sister's apartment (and I get there at about 3:10 EST).

My timetable is a bit flexible for a start so you could probably be a reserve.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the complaints were pretty whiny all around. Maybe I came off a bit strongly there.

I agree with Carter, I don't see how they were bitchy or whiny at all. But it's pointless to take this any further, so yes, moving on.

I may be traveling more in the future, btw, since my parents just got a new RV and want to use it at least once a month.

So a question for all my joiners, what's the best time on the Friday after next for you, if time dictates we can't finish on Friday due to other commitments or lacks of internet after certain times. We can continue the brackets at an irregular pace and be done Saturday if need be.

Also wondering when I should post the bracket up. After doofinas tourney is over?

So a question for all my joiners, what's the best time on the Friday after next for you, if time dictates we can't finish on Friday due to other commitments or lacks of internet after certain times. We can continue the brackets at an irregular pace and be done Saturday if need be.

Also wondering when I should post the bracket up. After doofinas tourney is over?

not friday evening without lots of advance warning, and even that's sub-optimal

but if we decide on friday evening ahead of time I should be able to make it work, so don't let that hold you back

yo doof, you listed your tourney starting on the 4th at 11pst and ending at 9pm pst on the 5th, I just wanted to make sure this means that we don't have to immediately start our matches at 11 right? Like I should have no issues completing it a few hours after it (i'm getting toured around the office at my job at 10 on the 4th, so i'll probably be avaliable at like 1 or 2), am I right in assuming that the time period is more expansive because of schedules and stuff right? If you guys really want to start at 11 I might have to sub out tho.

On another note, would anyone be interested in a series of doubles/teams tournaments? I would like it to have a competitive air, so I think would be best to give it some time so that everyone can have some time playing each other, find a partner, etc., but I'll toss out the idea early to see if it catches on. Also, I've never hosted a tournament before, so I would have to learn stuff. :P

Yes! I love doubles~

I love the new team colors system too! We can still choose our favorite outfit and not be stuck to a single color. The outline effect looks really nice too. A lot of times the outfits I liked the most were not included in the red/green/blue color schemes.

Unlimited Blade Works

Date of Event: Friday October 10.

Start Time: 12pm PST / 3pm EST (time is flexible)

End Time: 11:59pm Saturday / 2:59am EST Sunday

Tournament Host: Jedi

Tournament Rules

- 2 stock, 5 minutes. Each set is Best of 3. Finals is Best of 5.

- Double Elimination

- Maximum Number of Participants: 16

- Only characters with a sword can enter! This means that your character options are restricted to: Link, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Pit, Marth, Ike, Robin, Meta Knight, Kirby, Greninja, Dark Pit, Lucina, Shulk and Mii Swordfighter

- Custom movesets are allowed. Custom equipment is not.

- You may change your character and/or custom moves in between matches.

- Items must be turned off!

- Each match can be played on one of the following stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Prism Tower, Arena Ferox, Reset Bomb Forest, Yoshi's Island, Rainbow Road, Arena Ferox Omega and Gerudo Valley Omega. Every other stage, including unlisted Omega forms, isn't able to be played on. Once a stage has been played on, it may not be played again.

- Leaderboard Points: +20 for winning a set.

- Please contact me by October 8 if you are not able to make it to the tournament so I can give your spot to someone else.

Participants and their FCs.

1. Jedi. FC: 4871-3983-7566

2.Ice Sage. FC: 1048-8056-7132

3.Quintessence. FC: 3110-4966-9614

4.Euklyd. FC: 4914 - 3176 - 3524

5.PJSalt. FC: 0430-8521-9259

6.Doofina. FC: 0791-3590-5034

7. Knife. FC: 4167-4800-2704

8. Raven

9. KwehKweh FC: 4012-4741-6497

10. Burakkuhoku. FC: 2766-8685-4348

11. Mr. Iggy. Koopa. FC: 1977-0250-8724

12. Gyro-King. FC: 4468-1474-00273

13. AlphaZero. FC: 0318-7721-1579

14. Anacybele. FC: 1091-7971-9087

15. Cornet. FC: 3840-5757-3154

16. Fruity Insanity. FC: 1805-3417-7671

Reserves

1. mercilesscharizard. FC: 1950-8832-8557

peach totally counts since she could pluck beam swords back in melee and brawl, haven't seen them confirmed in ssb4 yet tho

Wow these tournament spots get snatched up quickly. I would like to apply to fill in for this one.

Edited by theVOID

yo doof, you listed your tourney starting on the 4th at 11pst and ending at 9pm pst on the 5th, I just wanted to make sure this means that we don't have to immediately start our matches at 11 right? Like I should have no issues completing it a few hours after it (i'm getting toured around the office at my job at 10 on the 4th, so i'll probably be avaliable at like 1 or 2), am I right in assuming that the time period is more expansive because of schedules and stuff right? If you guys really want to start at 11 I might have to sub out tho.

in a perfect world i'd love it if you guys started at 11pst because then this thing can be done sooner. But yeah, I've gotta accept schedules getting in the way (real life > online life after all). As long as the whole thing gets done on time is what matters to me.

Thanks for letting me know. I can totally accommodate you.

@Doofina

I assume we don't all have to start our matches on the 5th right away either? Because I'll be busy until around 1sh pst(assuming I haven't been eliminated by then, but that's besides the point).

As long as matches get done, I don't care when on Sunday. That being said...

Here is the schedule for the order of events for Launch Day Hype Tournament. All specified matches must be completed by the time below or I will end the match.

By:

4pm PST Oct 4 / 7pm EST Oct 4 - Round 1 matches MUST be done.

9pm PST Oct 4 / 12am EST Oct 5 - Round 2 matches MUST be done.

5pm PST Oct 5 / 8pm EST Oct 5 - Round 3 matches MUST be done.

9pm PST Oct 5 / 12pm PST Oct 5 - Round 4 matches MUST be done.

Of course, if we progress ahead of this schedule that is totally awesome and I appreciate it. In all honestly this really shouldn't take more than a day if we're all able to start right at the same time, but I get that we all have lives that we need to handle.

I will be linking to this post in the main post of my tournament so you can find the end times there.

In addition, today is the last day to withdraw from Launch Day Hype Tournament.

Edited by Doofina

Alrighty. Hopefully you can join another one.

Due to an error in communication with Quintessence, he will be taking Carter's spot in the tournament because he shouldn't have been removed in the first place.

Sweet, I'll make these doubles tournaments happen~ Also, if anyone's particularly interested, we should definitely play each other. Maybe we can be partners. ;)

I was more asking about what would happen when ranks were determined.

Like, if we knew that users A, B, C, and D were all "high-level", and that E, F, G, and H were "low-level", would that mean that for a tournament, ABCD would be paired up to fight amongst themselves in the first round(s), and EFGH would fight amongst themselves, and then the winner of the ABCD block would fight the winner of EFGH?
Or that you'd have tournaments that people on the level of ABCD wouldn't be able to join at all?
Or something else?

In tournaments, they make the bracket so that the top players don't face against each other at the beginning, that way none of them get knocked out too early. I don't think that would be necessary for our tournaments, though. Having certain tournaments or separate brackets within the same tournament (though maybe that's unnecessary as well...) for "higher ranked" and "lower ranked" players should suffice, that way there's more even and healthier competition.

In tournaments, they make the bracket so that the top players don't face against each other at the beginning, that way none of them get knocked out too early. I don't think that would be necessary for our tournaments, though. Having certain tournaments or separate brackets within the same tournament (though maybe that's unnecessary as well...) for "higher ranked" and "lower ranked" players should suffice, that way there's more even and healthier competition.

yeah I kind of meant the separate brackets thing

and really I was more asking about what was being suggested than trying to give a suggestion myself

I agree with the mentality of having tournament based on rankings once they're established, it's no fun for some people if they just get thrashed first round every tournament because they have to play somebody who's been hardcore into smash for years or something. Like the top 4 or 8 would be prohibited from joining a lower level tournament (I'm sure there will be enough that they wouldn't feel excluded) and maybe visa versa if you're a casual like me be prohibited from tougher tournaments, although that is a way to hurt some people's feelings, so maybe it's not such a great idea. I agree with the idea anyway, and it doesn't mean every tournament should be like this anyway.

LESS THAN ONE DAY HYPE regardless.

Edited by General Horace

I agree with the mentality of having tournament based on rankings once they're established, it's no fun for some people if they just get thrashed first round every tournament because they have to play somebody who's been hardcore into smash for years or something. Like the top 4 or 8 would be prohibited from joining a lower level tournament (I'm sure there will be enough that they wouldn't feel excluded) and maybe visa versa if you're a casual like me be prohibited from tougher tournaments, although that is a way to hurt some people's feelings, so maybe it's not such a great idea. I agree with the idea anyway, and it doesn't mean every tournament should be like this anyway.

LESS THAN ONE DAY HYPE regardless.

Yeah I agree about having a few tournaments where the top few are excluded. I'd say there shouldn't be tournaments where less skilled players are excluded, unless we want to do a year end tournament with the top 8-16 ranked players on the leader board (There's one on the OP and I imagine it will be updated) or something like that.

Edited by Shulk

Oh, you guys. I may have to withdraw from the hype tourney as well. It depends on when we leave for our short camping trip Saturday...and if I'll have internet access while we're there.

Oh, you guys. I may have to withdraw from the hype tourney as well. It depends on when we leave for our short camping trip Saturday...and if I'll have internet access while we're there.

Well, if you can play on Friday you could get your rounds done then I think? Then continue the other few rounds on Sunday. Ask Doofina.

Edited by PJSalt