Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

Only three people signed up for the Wii U tourney so far? I'm sad. :(

I hope the rate picks up soon!

It seems some people are unhappy with the fact there's no set date. IMO you should set a date, have people sign up then, and then you can change the date if you absolutely must for whatever reason.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I defeated Sophi by the scores of 3-1, 3-2, and 3-1.

To my other opponants, i'm around for another 4 hours or so today, then I'll be around in the morning and afternoon tomorrow, MST, till about 3.

Also beat FFM 3-0, 3-2 and 3-0

Edited by General Horace

Good job group C, you've nearly played all the games. Only 2 left:

GeneralHorace v metalsnowman3

metalsnowman3 v FrostyFireMage

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/179cPp77kfDxPEdvDn0JvPKL-nCaAIiboY7R-6GSzlak/edit#gid=0

As you can see, group D has played 2 games, A has played 1, and B has played 0. Hopefully that will change by tomorrow.

I'm in work, but will be free in about 9 hours' time from this post. If IceSage, Knife or Javeman are free from that time onwards, let it be known to me.

Edit: Today is Friday, so that means the tournament has officially started. Get on your games, everyone. Chase up your opponents relentlessly.

Edited by Raven

I'm off now for today, and I also have a busy day tomorrow. Sunday is probably my best day to battle my opponents, unless I somehow find time tomorrow.

Hopefully we can all get them done before Monday rolls around. But if not, don't fret.

So I'm reading over the default rulesets:

In the event that time runs out, the person with the higher percent wins.

Pretty sure that should be "lower," no? It might also be good to specify that this is if time runs out when both players have the same amount of stocks remaining.

Thank you both, Ike and Luigi! ^^ I hope this was all clear enough for you guys, and that you sign up asap! Due to Starbound's new regulations, a Challonge account is required to join. The sign up page is here. Sign-ups will be going on all week since I'll be away for Thanksgiving, and matches can begin as soon as I return next Sunday. Happy Smashing!

Challonge Page

Yeah, I went ahead and had some fun with this. lol Oh, but I actually still don't have a Challonge account yet myself, but I'll make one in the morning. It's really late here right now and I need sleep. xP

lol I really like those Icons Ana ^^

I'm wanting to sign up for the wii u tourney too; i already posted my details on the Challonge discussion page.

anyone in my pool shoot me a pm if you are free to play, though i might be playin league so wont respond immediately

I know i'm really late on this, but we should Sm4sh Wii U sometime~

Only three people signed up for the Wii U tourney so far? I'm sad. :(

I hope the rate picks up soon!

I'm joining too so yeah!! x3

So I'm reading over the default rulesets:

Pretty sure that should be "lower," no? It might also be good to specify that this is if time runs out when both players have the same amount of stocks remaining.

Good catch, I'll correct it now. Note that the matches are not meant to actually have time, only stock.

The rules on the actual Challonge page may not have been updated. The final ruleset is written on the Docs file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/179cPp77kfDxPEdvDn0JvPKL-nCaAIiboY7R-6GSzlak/edit#gid=0

Febro beat me 3-0, I took one stock each match.

Both Febro vs Fox and LRaven have been recorded.

Edited by Raven

when's the deadline for the round robin matches to be played? I've attempted to contact metalsnowman and he's seen my PM (and not responded), but I can only really play tomorrow because i'm going skiing sunday/monday/tuesday, and tbh I thought I'd be done by now when I signed up for the tournament (I also didn't expect to be doing as well as I am so didn't think i'd have a shot at the next round, lol).

Edited by General Horace

Ah, thanks, you guys! And thanks again, - -. ^^ I just pulled them from the Smash site then cropped and shrunk them down...a lot. :P Photoshop is handy for all of your image needs!

Now we have six people, but we still need a lot more if we're to start tomorrow! I don't mind pushing it back a little, but I don't want to have to keep pushing it back because some people have busy schedules in December due to the holidays and stuff.

Edited by Anacybele

Ah, thanks, you guys! And thanks again, - -. ^^ I just pulled them from the Smash site then cropped and shrunk them down...a lot. :P Photoshop is handy for all of your image needs!

Now we have six people, but we still need a lot more if we're to start tomorrow! I don't mind pushing it back a little, but I don't want to have to keep pushing it back because some people have busy schedules in December due to the holidays and stuff.

I think it's best if you push it back Ana; it'll be better with more than 8 participants~

Also, i know it's kinda on short notice, but i'm hosting a local tournament here in NC next Saturday or the one afterwards, and I just happened to notice that we live in the same state! So you're welcome to come by and participate if you want!

oh, and I advertised your wii u tourney a little bit out of SF; i hope that's okay ^^;;

Edited by - -

Well, I apologize, but the tourney is for SF members only. So that wouldn't really do any good.

But yeah, I suppose I should push it back. 8 out of 32 people isn't really a tourney, xP

Unfortunately, I won't be joining for these days your tourney Ana, I'll have to clear Bayonetta 1 and 2 and then get ssb5; besides, retailers are out of stock. However, if signups are still open for the moment I get it, I'll gladly join.

On the good side, I'll be starting vacations next Friday so I'll have more time for games, plus Bayonetta is zomgawesome I won't stop playing!

Edit: also, will be free to play my group matches in 30min ~. Will start the Skype/PM assault!

Edited by Quintessence

Well, I apologize, but the tourney is for SF members only. So that wouldn't really do any good.

But yeah, I suppose I should push it back. 8 out of 32 people isn't really a tourney, xP

Ahh okay then, i'll go ahead and retract my ad then ^^;;

and yes, more players would be great for sure.