Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

It looks like Challonge won't be grouping the players who join the tournament into 4 groups of 4, as I was hoping it would do. This leaves me no choice but to simply use Challonge as a form of sign-up and to use it for score keeping of games that I intend to take place.

It wants everyone to fight everyone, so that would mean 15 battles for every person! That's insane for a single tournament. So I will be taking the signups, and I will randomise them on a randomiser website for both the draft order and the group in which they will be placed into (A, B, C or D).

I will then use the Google Docs spreadsheet to keep track of the scores as they are reported here. This means that you don't need to use Challonge, Anacybele. But I still want to use it with regards to signups and scorekeeping. So feel free to join if you so wish. I'll place your name into Challonge. If you are not interested, just say so and I'll remove you.

You could always do it the way I did for Doubles, and just delete entrants (and add in people manually), though it's more tedious to set up.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always do it the way I did for Doubles, and just delete entrants (and add in people manually), though it's more tedious to set up.

Maybe later when the round robin is finished and we move on to the final 8.

I'm in this draft thing. I don't think I can reply when its draft time so I want Link, Bowser, and Ness. Secondaries: Shulk, Fox, Sonic, Wii Fit Trainer, Luigi, and Villager. Otherwise, I don't really care who, please don't give me DHD though.

Oh. I forgot about Fists of Fury being scheduled to start tomorrow.

I can still host and everything, and I guess it's supposed to be this weekend, but I dunno how everyone else feels about the whole situation, and I'm unsure as to how prepared everyone else who signed up is for (if I forgot about it I am sure there are others). The bracket is here, and two people ended up dropping.

I guess everyone who signed up should reconfirm on Challonge and stuff? And if you're interested in joining there are some open spots for now.

Oh. I forgot about Fists of Fury being scheduled to start tomorrow.

I can still host and everything, and I guess it's supposed to be this weekend, but I dunno how everyone else feels about the whole situation, and I'm unsure as to how prepared everyone else who signed up is for (if I forgot about it I am sure there are others). The bracket is here, and two people ended up dropping.

I guess everyone who signed up should reconfirm on Challonge and stuff? And if you're interested in joining there are some open spots for now.

Where are the rules?

EDIT: Please read Doofina's post at the bottom of the last page to learn more about Challonge.

Fists of Fury

Date of Event: Sunday, October 12

Start Time: 3 PM EST/ 12 PM PST Sunday, October 12

End Time: 2:59am EST/ 12 AM Tuesday, October 14

Tournament Host: Reinfleche

Tournament Rules

+2 stock, 5 minutes. Each set is Best of 3. Finals is Best of 5.

+Double Elimination

+Maximum Number of Participants: 16

+In this tournament, the only legal characters must be able to construct a moveset in which they use no weapons, which I am defining as assistance outside of their own powers. The list of characters allowed is this as follows: Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Ganondorf, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Lucario, Captain Falcon, Sonic, Greninja, and Little Mac. I've talked this list over with a few people already, but if you feel like you have a very strong case for why someone should or shouldn't be legal in this tournament, tell me.

+Custom movesets are allowed, however, Ganondorf cannot use his "Warlock Blade" custom neutral special move, as it is a weapon. Custom equipment is not allowed.

+You may change your character and/or custom moves in between matches.

+Items must be turned off!

+Each match can be played on one of the following stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Prism Tower, Arena Ferox, Reset Bomb Forest, Yoshi's Island, Rainbow Road, and each For Glory stage. Every other stage isn't able to be played on. Once a stage has been played on, it may not be played again.

+Leaderboard Points: +20 for winning a set.

+Please contact me by October 10 if you are not able to make it to the tournament so I can give your spot to someone else.

This will be the test run of the Challonge bracket system. The page for this tournament is here: http://challonge.com/sfssb3dsfistsoffury

EDIT2: Please post your friend code in the discussion page on Challonge.

For RFOF

Why not just have everyone battle everyone?

I could have it so that it was arranged like that (as Challonge is suggesting) but it would take a very long time to complete the tournament in that manner.

There would be 120 unique matchups (360 rounds in total) between the 16 players, and there would be no bracket stage to determine the top 2 players so the unique rules for a final match wouldn't be implemented.

And it would also mean that I'd have to keep the smash balls off at all times, and I want the round robin section of the tournament to be the more fun/unique part.

Edit: We also need only 5 more people, so get into it now and we will start drafting today: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/xYIdyHvpfY

Edited by Raven

Oh. I forgot about Fists of Fury being scheduled to start tomorrow.I can still host and everything, and I guess it's supposed to be this weekend, but I dunno how everyone else feels about the whole situation, and I'm unsure as to how prepared everyone else who signed up is for (if I forgot about it I am sure there are others). The bracket is here, and two people ended up dropping.I guess everyone who signed up should reconfirm on Challonge and stuff? And if you're interested in joining there are some open spots for now.

So does this start today or tomorrow. Kinda need to plan my day ^^;

Gahh.

How'd I'd love to do this, but I've got...

...School.

*audience gasp*

I'm only able to be on forums due to school-provided iPads.

Exploits, yay!

But the tourney sounds fun. I hope to... Spectate, or something.

Fists of Fury is today. I rerandomized the seeds due to adds/drops. I guess we are only at 15, so there's a bye in round 1, and I never really set up deadlines either and I dunno how comfortable I am throwing them in now in case some people wouldn't be able to do their matches and wouldn't have signed up according to what they re now. I dunno, just play your matches when you can, I'll say 24 hours for round 1 since I was lax on this before/ timezones/ etc, and stuff can be worked out for later rounds when it needs to be. Something like that.

I'm off to bed. When I get up I'm hoping we will be able to start the drafting process. We need 6 more members to get to 16.

Join link to the 2nd SF draft/round robin tournament: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/xYIdyHvpfY

If you're miffed that the Smash Balls will be active for the first 3 games of the tournament (during the round robin group stages) just remember that it only increases the more skilled players' chances of advancing. It's intended to make the group stages a bit more fun, so just embrace the balls. If only for the first three games. The Quarter-finals onwards won't have Smash Balls active so there's that.

Beat Reinfleche 2-0, ggs

The rest of today, most of Saturday (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM Central, I need to prepare for another tournament for another game =P), and anytime Sunday.

My availability, for any future opponents. Edited by Aura Wolf