Fantasy Life

Soen

Okay, I'm assuming the worst-case scenario here, but... Is it at all possible to kill the boss in the God-rank Magician request using magic? I'm now Lv79, sporting around 220 Magic Attack... ...and even with buffs, I still cannot even damage it no matter what element I use.

I can deal with dying in one hit, but it'd really suck if I had to go physical just to have a shot at ever possibly killing it. :/

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna try soon, but I think your stats are probably way too low. I have 400+ Magic and I'm not even wearing the broken (and unreleased) Mysterious equipment from the Passwords.

If you need them, I can give you a Magic +20 Monarch's Stone (might be Level 100 equip... can't remember) and Dark Sultan's Staff.

Oh, wow. Considering I can damage the normal enemies in the request area just fine, I wasn't really expecting my stats could still just be too low. xD

In that case I'll save it for until after the trials, I guess. The Trial of Darkness is giving me quite a lot of issues as well, but at least seems beatable at my level if I bring enough Life Cures.

Would it be worth my time to try and achieve God rank Alchemist first so I can further raise my stats via candy?

Thanks for the offer, but I'd like to keep trying on my own. ^^

Definitely go for the candies. Those extra 100 stat points are nothing to sneeze at when you're low level.

I just tried with 222 magic attack, and the only thing that does damage is charged and double-charged A fire. Charged and double-charged X fire doesn't even do anything. Water and wind/thunder don't do anything.

Int is my only non-capped stat, so I'll try now with mage-friendly stats.

edit: Meh, "mage-friendly stats" only puts me at 345 magic attack. But regular fire attacks are doing 56-58 damage instead of ~1. Wind is doing ~7 and water is doing ~34 with regular attacks.

With 432 physical attack, I'm doing ~230 damage each regular hit. (greatsword, as a Wizard)

[rhetorical]Why do all the Wizard Life bosses have ridiculous magic def/elemental res? Wizards fighting wizards just doesn't work...

Edited by Tsamimi

It's indeed funny how the Wizard bosses are basically "bring allies and equip a greatsword". (Incidentally, the Creator rank Hunter and Paladin allies are arguably the best in the game.)

Wizard worst combat class

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for testing, Tsamimi. After reading that and watching Vincent's video of the fight, I guess I'm sooner killing that boss with a dagger than with magic. xD

That said, while grinding for Divine Berries is quite annoying, the stat boosting candies have (unsurprisingly) proven themselves very useful. Thanks to them, I managed to beat the Trial of Darkness and the Trial of Light without terribly much trouble.

My next goal is to craft a full Philosopher's Robe to hopefully fix that tiny issue of taking 600+ damage per attack/combo from random tower enemies, but to do so, I need Prism Jewels. The one I got from the Crabby Paladin on the 4th floor went into a Monarch's Stone, but when I entered the Trial of Light again about an in-game week later to get another one, the Crabby Paladin failed to respawn. I even waited a full day on the 5th floor and went to check again, but nothing. Do I need to wait even longer? Should I be worried?

ReveriaExplorer lists the Divine Stone as an alternate source of Prism Jewels, but unsurprisingly, I'm doing absolutely no damage to it whatsoever. How much Mining skill do I need to start doing damage to it? I can mine the normal ores fine (~120 Mining skill).

Edited by Scarlet

Did you sleep in an inn or your bed at home? That's guaranteed to spawn all bosses.

The Divine Stone is the 2nd toughest ore deposit (and much tougher than the smaller deposits), so I think your Mining needs to be much higher. Maybe 200+

Always sleep before running the tower again, unless you purposely don't want to fight boss-monsters (ie. farming chests or non-boss enemies for mats).

Finally got all my skills to lv20.

And I'm still not at lv200. *cough199cough*

>_>

<_<

My next goal is to craft a full Philosopher's Robe to hopefully fix that tiny issue of taking 600+ damage per attack/combo from random tower enemies, but to do so, I need Prism Jewels. The one I got from the Crabby Paladin on the 4th floor went into a Monarch's Stone, but when I entered the Trial of Light again about an in-game week later to get another one, the Crabby Paladin failed to respawn. I even waited a full day on the 5th floor and went to check again, but nothing. Do I need to wait even longer? Should I be worried?

Additional note: sleep (night -> day). Resting (day -> night) doesn't respawn stuff.

ReveriaExplorer lists the Divine Stone as an alternate source of Prism Jewels, but unsurprisingly, I'm doing absolutely no damage to it whatsoever. How much Mining skill do I need to start doing damage to it? I can mine the normal ores fine (~120 Mining skill).

120 isn't a lot for endgame; consider resetting your stats and crafting a better pickaxe, possibly with an additional component.

(Note: if you ever want to do the miner's special request, you'll need all the mining power you can get, period.)

Always sleep before running the tower again, unless you purposely don't want to fight boss-monsters (ie. farming chests or non-boss enemies for mats).

And I'm still not at lv200. *cough199cough*

>_>

<_<

As both genders? Edited by TravelingElder

Additional note: sleep (night -> day). Resting (day -> night) doesn't respawn stuff.

Okay, I'll keep both of that in mind~

Wow. I wouldn't have the patience for that, even if I were to buy all the x2 skill growth items. xD

120 isn't a lot for endgame

I know, I still have 5 base strength. xD

Didn't stop me from reaching Hero Rank in various strength-based lives, but I don't think I'll take it all the way to God rank in them.

On that note:

What happens to the stat boosts I got from candies if I choose to reset my stats?

On that note:

What happens to the stat boosts I got from candies if I choose to reset my stats?

The game asks you if you want to reset them too - with the added warning that doing so would waste your candies.

So you can (and should) choose to simply reset the stats from level-ups.

As both genders?

Not yet, and I won't bother with lv20 skills.

Just got to Al Maajik on my male file; I'm doing absolutely everything possible in each new area before advancing the story.

Wow. I wouldn't have the patience for that, even if I were to buy all the x2 skill growth items. xD

SPEAKING OF... I forgot to brag that I did it without those. :D

I have no life...

Not yet, and I won't bother with lv20 skills.

Just got to Al Maajik on my male file; I'm doing absolutely everything possible in each new area before advancing the story.

I did that on my male file, too - well, NPC requests aside. A pity the merc is always lagging a rank behind.

I did that on my male file, too - well, NPC requests aside. A pity the merc is always lagging a rank behind.

Oh right, NPC requests. I'll be doing all of those because why not.

I'm keeping all of my stats equal. It's...interesting.