It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, me and my friend went looking for a Lucario toady, no luck at all. Apparently they were preorder only at our TRU? That's what the person at the store told us @_@

Nintendo of UK does this. Nintendo of America's online store is more like a support store.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo.list

I hate scalpers with a fucking passion.

Behold, the reason NOA doesn't have online stores like Europe. We've got scalping spite-buying jerks here with no sympathy towards others.

Behold, the reason NOA doesn't have online stores like Europe. We've got scalping spite-buying jerks here with no sympathy towards others.

I think its the other way around. We have scalpers because there is no NOA online store. :P

I think its the other way around. We have scalpers because there is no NOA online store. :P

Yeah, this is probably it. I mean, America at least has the Pokemon Center, but I never hear about anyone buying Pokemon merchandise and then reselling it for higher prices.

But everywhere except here has preorders for set 4 now. And other Amiibos are still running out very fast. I foresee a lot of fan rage if NoA doesn't start getting their shit straight again.

Edited by Anacybele

I mean there technically is but it only sells refurbished consoles and a handful of refurbished games and manuals and whatnot. No amiibo there, which would actually be smart on their part to do. Unless they pull another Radiant Dawn, and take advantage of the inflated prices and pump reprints straight to the resellers.

Unless they pull another Radiant Dawn, and take advantage of the inflated prices and pump reprints straight to the resellers.

Yeah, seriously, wtf was up with this? That's just BS. Nintendo should just make RD available for download now that the eShop is getting Wii games.

I mean there technically is but it only sells refurbished consoles and a handful of refurbished games and manuals and whatnot. No amiibo there, which would actually be smart on their part to do. Unless they pull another Radiant Dawn, and take advantage of the inflated prices and pump reprints straight to the resellers.

Yeah that's what I mean if they do that much they might as well make it a full blown store to sell physical copies of games, amiibo, accessories, parts etc... This way they don't have to worry about shelf space and can make money from people who buy physical without fear of overproduction or overmarketing. Sure there would be shipping costs but obviously they would charge for that and by keeping it regional they would cut costs. I mean seriously NOE and other places already have it set straight. Why not NOA?

I can't stop looking at Rosalina's tits. PM me links to the original images of your sig and avatar?

Raven pls.

I should be able to get one if I leave an hour earlier.

I hope so, at least. X_x

Yeah that's what I mean if they do that much they might as well make it a full blown store to sell physical copies of games, amiibo, accessories, parts etc... This way they don't have to worry about shelf space and can make money from people who buy physical without fear of overproduction or overmarketing. Sure there would be shipping costs but obviously they would charge for that and by keeping it regional they would cut costs. I mean seriously NOE and other places already have it set straight. Why not NOA?

Seriously! Reggie, come on, dude! You're smart, do what this guy here says!

And shelf space will definitely become a problem soon since not only are more Smash Amiibos coming out, but a separate Mario series of Amiibos are as well.

but I never hear about anyone buying Pokemon merchandise and then reselling it for higher prices.

This actually does happen fairly commonly with the TCG* and with Japanese merchandise. Though, most people don't care about the English merchandise because most of it is godawful. The stuff that's being sold on the US Pokémon Center online store is primarily stuff that was sold in Japan first and was previously only available to people who had contacts in Japan (or through AmiAmi for non-PC-only items) or purchased at grossly inflated prices over Ebay and other import sites (like PokéVault).

(* - Though this happens with all TCG, so Pokémon isn't alone in that respect).

Yeah, seriously, wtf was up with this? That's just BS. Nintendo should just make RD available for download now that the eShop is getting Wii games.

I would feel bad for the people who just got it for $80 but don't keep totally up to date with Nintendo stuff and find it for download for $20 some months later. I think Nintendo knows that a mass release online for the $20 would be a lot more profitable than this ebay thing, but they wanna squeeze the last of the money out of the willing. I just wish they made the price something I could easily afford.

Meanwhile I casually wait for my Shulk to come in the mail. People already have their's, so how much longer should I wait?

Also:

LeXq69F.jpg

THAT IS MY FAVORITE ONE.

I totally find it sickeningly hilarious they're releasing a separate Mario line, considering the market TOTALLY ISN'T SUPERSATURATED WITH THE CHARACTERS AS IT IS NYOPES!

Yes I know it's for MP10, Amiibos can only keep one game, etc. it's still a kick in the teeth to people who want Pit or Falcon (who i've heard hasn't even made it to most stores, although for all I know the TRU clerk is lying he seemed like a bit of a jerk) or pretty much anyone who isn't a Mario character not named Rosalina to have MORE Mario figures taking up space.

Edited by Zak still something

The 3DS themes released in the theme shop have been almost nothing but Mario too. Seriously Nintendo, ENOUGH WITH ALL OF THE FUCKING MARIO SHIT. I love the Mario series as much as the next Nintendo gamer, and hell, I'm a big Luigi fangirl. But this franchise is not your only top seller! What about Zelda? What about Pokemon? What about FE's new popularity?

Meanwhile I casually wait for my Shulk to come in the mail. People already have their's, so how much longer should I wait?

Also:

LeXq69F.jpg

Bowser was so frustrated by being terrible in the previous 2 Smash games he was in that he ripped his own head off