It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Turns out, My local Target had plenty of Dr. Mario in stock in the afternoon, and my local Toys R Us had rows upon rows of Bowser Jr, plus they even had a spare Zero Suit Samus. I also ordered Ganondorf from GameStop.com, and hopefully can snag an 8 bit Classic Mario soon.

Here's my updated collection! (Ganondorf will join them soon enough, with the Retrio later this month)

5ZuqlSp.jpg

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. I was recently reminded about the Roy amiibo, which will apparently have fates functionality. And once again I am tempted to buy an amiibo. I figure I might as well since I already bought the other four FE amiibos.

Any idea when it's coming out?

Edited by Alastor15243

Ugh. I was recently reminded about the Roy amiibo, which will apparently have fates functionality. And once again I am tempted to buy an amiibo. I figure I might as well since I already bought the other four FE amiibos.

Any idea when it's coming out?

On the Amiibo wiki it said 2016- so it won't be out for a little while...

Again like you, I am seriously getting tempted to buy more amiibo (I own a Shulk amiibo, but I got really lucky with that...) but I need the money for uni... Decisions, Decisions... If I decide to get more amiibo, it's probably going to be the ones that have Fates functionality (Ike, Robin and Lucina in particular, though I might get Marth and Roy) along with Rosalina, Olimar, Pit, Dark Pit and Palutena. After that, no more Amiibo collecting.

You know what I've felt for a while Nintendo should do with amiibo? Make a game that lets you use them to play a tabletop rpg. Like, some kind of dungeons and dragons parody where you use the amiibo as your characters. Like, literally the amiibo, they're portrayed in game not as actual characters but as the amiibo themselves being used as character markers on a game board. It would be absurdly easy to support every single amiibo ever made no matter how big the collection gets because you'd just have to make a single 3d model and some stats. It would be awesome!

You know what I've felt for a while Nintendo should do with amiibo? Make a game that lets you use them to play a tabletop rpg. Like, some kind of dungeons and dragons parody where you use the amiibo as your characters. Like, literally the amiibo, they're portrayed in game not as actual characters but as the amiibo themselves being used as character markers on a game board. It would be absurdly easy to support every single amiibo ever made no matter how big the collection gets because you'd just have to make a single 3d model and some stats. It would be awesome!

Yes. Yes. Hell yes. Why isn't this a thing yet!? :o

Sounds like one of the perfect ways to have a game that supports all amiibo. someone send that idea to development.

I'm actually considering making a video about it. My friend's suggesting I go all out and work out stats and stuff beforehand, but I'm not sure that'll be necessary because on the rare chance that Nintendo goes for it they'd obviously change a ton of what I put forward.

I remember hearing a suggestion for a D&D-like game for the Wii U where the gamepad holder was the dungeon master and the controller of the adventure. This, combined with the amiibo, and it sounds like you could be onto something.

So I just got a steal purchase. A dude sold me a Shulk amiibo for 10$

ITgDkY5.jpg

[12:43:28 PM] Jedi: Elie you didn't comment on my amiibo post

[12:43:32 PM] Jedi: you meanie
Nice Shulk ALSO
[11:45:17 AM] Jedi: I got a Shulk amiibo for 10$ be jelly
[11:46:22 AM] Elieson: I is
[11:46:28 AM] Elieson: if I collected OOB i'd be mad jelly

I got a Mii Swordfighter for just $19 with Prime shipping on Amazon! :D There doesn't seem to be many Mii Amiibo available there right now too, so hurry hurry hurry anyone that wants the individuals and not deal with the NA 3-pack BS!

Edited by Anacybele

Good news, amiibros and amiibras!

Toys R' Us has become Restock Central! Not sure how online availability will work yet, but hey, it's something!

CPI2FqLUYAArHbx.png

CPI12-vUYAATc5U.png

CPJFEH9UcAEHq6V.png

CPI_S_4UEAA-4D9.png

CPI_G7fUYAADkDf.png

if you don't wanna open the spoiler,

80,000 Villager incoming

26,672 Fox, Captain Falcon, Lucario and Little Mac incoming

these screenshots follow the trend that they should appear within either online dist. centers or actual stores within 2-3 weeks (possibly sooner, if these have been lingering in the system and just not noticed until today). Basically, when DC Qty = those numbers, it takes a week-ish to get them out to TrU retailers. 1-2 weeks to get to DC, then 1 week-ish to get from DC to Store.

I WILL HAVE MY NA BOXED VILLAGER YET

Guys, yarn Yoshi Amiibo went up for preorder at Walmart's website earlier today! They're sold out now, but keep an eye out for them from other retailers!

I got the light blue yarn Yoshi. :D

Edited by Anacybele

9/25 is their release day. Will be available at GS for midnight pickup (along with NBA 2k16)

I'd also get NBA 2K16....but FIFA 16 releases the same week, I picked up NHL 16 a few days ago, and combined with amiibo my wallet would hurt. I'll likely just rent NBA 2k16 to start lol

WHAT YOU GOT ONE?

>envyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yeah, they were up for at least 17 minutes. :P I know, because the Facebook post in my NC Amiibo group that said they were up was made 17 minutes before I saw it. All three yarn Yoshis were still available at that time. Although, the first person that said they missed them posted three hours ago. And the original post was made six hours ago.

But yep, I got one! :D

I still haven't gotten my Dr. Mario or 30th Anniversary classic Mario though. But that's because I messed up ordering and didn't know that our forwarding address didn't cover UPS deliveries. >_> So they tried to deliver them to my house instead of the apartment and they were undeliverable... Sigh...