It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was out for a while today doing some errands and passed a couple toy stores, so I popped in looking for Palutena. No luck there, but I did happen to find someone that I definitely did not expect to see available in a store, and I couldn't resist picking her up and adding her to Ike's Yoshi's harem:

[spoiler=large]

xLmnRI4.jpg

I don't even play Splatoon (I love the Nintendo is making new IPs and I really like the idea behind Splatoon, it's just not my kind of game), but I do love the designs of the little squid kids (and squids in general are one of my favourite animals), so I just couldn't pass it up. :3

Nope, Canada too. You will not believe the lack of amiibos in every store I went (well maybe it's only happening here at Quebec but still...).

I really must ask this question I don't mean to be ignorant or make people jealous but are the rare amiibo as hard to find as the internet says they are?

My situation may be rather unique because I live in a small but popular tourist town that's kind of like a hub to other small towns so the shops are well stocked.

Four splatoon packs have been sitting in display shelves forever and a large range of single amiibo are available from $14-$21 so I find it really hard believe people are struggling to find just a few that they really want.

Five5,

Find me a Villager that's boxed in an American box, for under $25

Find me any Wolly Yoshi

Find me a Fire-Emblem (Ike/Lucina/Robin/Marth) amiibo that isn't an import, for Sub-$20

Same for Lucario and Rosalina&Luma&Little Mac

Five5,

Find me a Villager that's boxed in an American box, for under $25

Find me any Wolly Yoshi

Find me a Fire-Emblem (Ike/Lucina/Robin/Marth) amiibo that isn't an import, for Sub-$20

Same for Lucario and Rosalina&Luma&Little Mac

I have no experience shipping but all of those are possible except the american box. I guess I'll get a photo for proof of how good things are here.

I really must ask this question I don't mean to be ignorant or make people jealous but are the rare amiibo as hard to find as the internet says they are?

My situation may be rather unique because I live in a small but popular tourist town that's kind of like a hub to other small towns so the shops are well stocked.

Four splatoon packs have been sitting in display shelves forever and a large range of single amiibo are available from $14-$21 so I find it really hard believe people are struggling to find just a few that they really want.

Yes they are as hard as the internet says they are especially for majority of North America. Every single store is nothing but Mario Amiibos and the occassional Link, Zelda and Peach Smash amiibos. Nothing more. I have never seen a single splatoon amiibo that was available to purchase on shelf or any of the wave 4 amiibos on shelves in my local area at all. Wario and Pacman is not even in any of the shelves here. My local stores keep saying they have been getting nothing but Mario amiibos stocks and they have been telling Nintendo and uppers that we need the other amiibos not more Marios.

The only solution most people can do is import from Europe and Japan since the demand there is not as huge and they are overstocked on a lot of the amiibos that are considered unicorn here. We have had the occasional restocks but those are so little to the point that all stocks are gone in a hours time.

You're not from the US?

Australia

Yes they are as hard as the internet says they are especially for majority of North America. Every single store is nothing but Mario Amiibos and the occassional Link, Zelda and Peach Smash amiibos. Nothing more. I have never seen a single splatoon amiibo that was available to purchase on shelf or any of the wave 4 amiibos on shelves in my local area at all. Wario and Pacman is not even in any of the shelves here. My local stores keep saying they have been getting nothing but Mario amiibos stocks and they have been telling Nintendo and uppers that we need the other amiibos not more Marios.

The only solution most people can do is import from Europe and Japan since the demand there is not as huge and they are overstocked on a lot of the amiibos that are considered unicorn here. We have had the occasional restocks but those are so little to the point that all stocks are gone in a hours time.

Sorry

I'm having trouble uploading a picture of my collection (Robin, Lucina, Samus, sisters Marth and zelda) new to this forum.

Logging off if you have a solution let me know and I may have a photos of a wide range of them at the local shop in a few hours.

You're not from the US?

Is it that hard to find rare amiibo in the U.S.? In my local gaming store, I've seen something like 11 Ikes and 5 Marths on sale at any one point. I've seen a ton of Olimar (though I dunno if he's rare in the U.S.) Though it sucks that you only get Mario Amiibo. The only thing I will say is that I've seen second hand Little Mac amiibo being more expensive than first hand amiibo....

Is it that hard to find rare amiibo in the U.S.? In my local gaming store, I've seen something like 11 Ikes and 5 Marths on sale at any one point. I've seen a ton of Olimar (though I dunno if he's rare in the U.S.) Though it sucks that you only get Mario Amiibo. The only thing I will say is that I've seen second hand Little Mac amiibo being more expensive than first hand amiibo....

Yes, they are often sold out and our grand selection in actual gaming stores tend to be like, Mario, Luigi, Link, Zelda, Pikachu, Yoshi, Peach and DK. MAYBE Megaman or Sonic.

But every thing else? Pretty much have to camp out when a release happens or keep hitting refresh on store pages for even glimpses of rarer ones.

2c52c76b07.jpg

They have amiibo in Mechonis?

Also, Yes. I don't live in a City, really, and if I'm lucky, the stores from where I live until even getting into the city carry 2-3 Ike per store location. Those things sell out fast.

Yes, they are often sold out and our grand selection in actual gaming stores tend to be like, Mario, Luigi, Link, Zelda, Pikachu, Yoshi, Peach and DK. MAYBE Megaman or Sonic.

But every thing else? Pretty much have to camp out when a release happens or keep hitting refresh on store pages for even glimpses of rarer ones.

Wow... That sucks. I still don't get why shop exclusives exist- surely it would be better for Nintendo to release all the amiibo in all the shops, and equally stock all the amiibo??

I hope that the situation gets better soon for you guys.

Edit: Elieson- yeah, they do have Amiibo in Mechonis. ROB is the most popular Amiibo for some reason. ;) In all seriousness, you make my local gaming store sound like an Amiibo haven...

Edited by Fantasia

Edit: Elieson- yeah, they do have Amiibo in Mechonis. ROB is the most popular Amiibo for some reason. ;) In all seriousness, you make my local gaming store sound like an Amiibo haven...

R.O.B and Megaman must be popular Mechon amiibo :P:

R.O.B and Megaman must be popular Mechon amiibo :P:

Yeah- Megaman sold out within the first hour- and the preorders for ROB.... Man, ROB sold out within minutes. Shulk amiibo are also popular on Mechonis- which is why I'm lucky I got one before they were all snapped up. :)

The Fire Emblem ones are also popular- because they're compatible with Codename STEAM, (I think I remember the name correctly) which is a very popular 3DS game on Mechonis. :D

Edit: I continued my research into Amiibo stocks in my native country- and I'll just say that the chain of 2nd hand electronic shops have something like 40 second hand Shulk amiibo in stock at the moment? Which is kinda crazy... Yeah, they're more expensive than first hand amiibo- but still it's absurd.

Edited by Fantasia

CbPz0JFs.jpg?1

Got these without any hassle and I believe my sister got Marth weeks after the first mad scramble for that wave.

Stock images are gonna take a bit longer. Based on the last few posts I'm dreading what will happen when uploaded probably reposted to oblivion and likened to that scene in Indiana Jones with all those grails.

Edited by Five5