It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are three (Top Left Corner, Top Right Corner, 2nd down from Top Right Corner). The one I sent to you would've been #4!

Which one is the one that you're saving for little ol me?

Why are FE amiibo so expensive, ugh.

I couldn't care less about the figurines themselves. I just want to unlock Marth in FE:if without having to pay obnoxious sums of money. (Esp. since I'm spending so much on FE:if and a JP 3DS as it is.)

If amiibo cards were a thing, I'd pick up those over the figurines in a heartbeat, but they don't, so I'm stuck in a position I don't like. -_-

Why do you make this so hard, Nintendo.

Why are FE amiibo so expensive, ugh.

I couldn't care less about the figurines themselves. I just want to unlock Marth in FE:if without having to pay obnoxious sums of money. (Esp. since I'm spending so much on FE:if and a JP 3DS as it is.)

If amiibo cards were a thing, I'd pick up those over the figurines in a heartbeat, but they don't, so I'm stuck in a position I don't like. -_-

Why do you make this so hard, Nintendo.

Here's one from Ebay for $25 http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARTH-NO-12-NINTENDO-AMIIBO-BRAND-NEW-IMPORTED-STOCK-READY-TO-SHIP/181682302844?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a4d1bef7c

I dunno if I posted this before but I think the reason why the amiibo fiasco is so bad is because of the rumors of the 3 discontinued amiibos in wave 1 (Marth, Villager, and WFT). I remember when amiibos were first announced that not a lot of people were really into amiibos, thinking that they could pick one up whenever and put them as low priority (WFT specially, she was the least preordered of all of wave 1 and if I remember correctly, Marth was second least preordered) so they could do other things first.

Then someone started circulating rumors that amiibos were being discontinued so everyone who wanted amiibos suddenly got scared because "what if the amiibo I want gets discontinued???" and they started preordering them more often to ensure they got one. Scalpers also took this opportunity to sell these amiibos to desperate people at ridiculous prices, because they knew people would be tripping over themselves to get them.

Only this started to collapse it on itself; with each new wave, more people wanted to get the ones that were predicted to be rare, leading to more and more people rushing to get amiibos, both online and in stores. Scalpers were still doing relatively ok, but retailers have been struggling to meet demands and having their sites slow down and crash due to increasing traffic volume.

I also think Nintendo's fueling the supply vs demand to string along hopefuls who want a certain character (to an extent), but it's mostly the fallout of the rumors, even though they've since been dispelled, the damage is already done and that's why it's so hard to get amiibos nowadays.

TL;DR: I think the rumors of discontinued amiibos caused a widespread panic for people who wanted them, leading to this stupidity where amiibos only last a few seconds at most before stock runs out and Nintendo probably isn't helping

I dunno if I posted this before but I think the reason why the amiibo fiasco is so bad is because of the rumors of the 3 discontinued amiibos in wave 1 (Marth, Villager, and WFT). I remember when amiibos were first announced that not a lot of people were really into amiibos, thinking that they could pick one up whenever and put them as low priority (WFT specially, she was the least preordered of all of wave 1 and if I remember correctly, Marth was second least preordered) so they could do other things first.

Then someone started circulating rumors that amiibos were being discontinued so everyone who wanted amiibos suddenly got scared because "what if the amiibo I want gets discontinued???" and they started preordering them more often to ensure they got one. Scalpers also took this opportunity to sell these amiibos to desperate people at ridiculous prices, because they knew people would be tripping over themselves to get them.

Only this started to collapse it on itself; with each new wave, more people wanted to get the ones that were predicted to be rare, leading to more and more people rushing to get amiibos, both online and in stores. Scalpers were still doing relatively ok, but retailers have been struggling to meet demands and having their sites slow down and crash due to increasing traffic volume.

I also think Nintendo's fueling the supply vs demand to string along hopefuls who want a certain character (to an extent), but it's mostly the fallout of the rumors, even though they've since been dispelled, the damage is already done and that's why it's so hard to get amiibos nowadays.

TL;DR: I think the rumors of discontinued amiibos caused a widespread panic for people who wanted them, leading to this stupidity where amiibos only last a few seconds at most before stock runs out and Nintendo probably isn't helping

I was actually thinking about this as well. I share your sentiments. While Marth, WFT, and Villager were "rare" you could occasionally get lucky and find them in stores. Then the whole thing about them being so limited and discontinued effectively put a massive target on Amiibos as a commodity by scalpers and even collectors like me to buy them ASAP because no more were coming. People caught on and started panicking to get them which was evident with Wave 4 preorders. Its not different then with shortages of other commodities its a stretch to compare but look at the oil crisis in USA in the 1970s while not exactly the same they faced similar issues.

It was also because people started to not find any more villager, marth or WFT a few days later after release.

They were understocking them too in my area. I think I saw 4 villagers, 4 WFT and 2 Marths in most of my local stores compared to the 20 Mario, Peach, Pikachus and Links they had at the time. Nintendo was still constantly producing those same characters like Zelda, Mario, Pikachu, Peach thinking that these are the characters that will sell because of the assumption of these are the games that sell millions therefore produce more of these.

Little did they know that the smash bros community loves all these characters equally making those unpopular characters with so little supplies. There is a reason why my stores got 20 Warios, 20 to 30 Charizards, 40 Pac mans and only 4 to 5 Robins and Lucinas.

Luckily if Nintendo of Japan's twitter account is in any indication, they have been shifting their gears towards to undersupplied amiibos currrently. Like just recently they announced more supplies of the Fire Emblem characters are being shipped to Japan in mid June right now. Mostly probably for the Fire Emblem IF release.

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/604166105540612096

Edited by kingddd

Rosaluma confirmed for CA Walmart restock.

Australia is getting Villager and Wii fit restocks

Timpy I have an important message for you; I got one more

Edited by Elieson

Oops I PM'd it to you by accident because I forgot to hit send and had it in preview for like an hour+ oops sry doofie~

Here's the proof though https://twitter.com/WalmartCanada/status/606158212866445313

Shulk arrived today :D

Edited by Elieson

It was also because people started to not find any more villager, marth or WFT a few days later after release.

They were understocking them too in my area. I think I saw 4 villagers, 4 WFT and 2 Marths in most of my local stores compared to the 20 Mario, Peach, Pikachus and Links they had at the time. Nintendo was still constantly producing those same characters like Zelda, Mario, Pikachu, Peach thinking that these are the characters that will sell because of the assumption of these are the games that sell millions therefore produce more of these.

Little did they know that the smash bros community loves all these characters equally making those unpopular characters with so little supplies. There is a reason why my stores got 20 Warios, 20 to 30 Charizards, 40 Pac mans and only 4 to 5 Robins and Lucinas.

Luckily if Nintendo of Japan's twitter account is in any indication, they have been shifting their gears towards to undersupplied amiibos currrently. Like just recently they announced more supplies of the Fire Emblem characters are being shipped to Japan in mid June right now. Mostly probably for the Fire Emblem IF release.

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/604166105540612096

That's when it will be easy to get Robin/Lucina.

2jp24B.jpg

Silver Mario x2
One for smash. Got the other one at Gamestop today!
nJUPKb.jpg
Reinforcements

0sh4o3.jpg
W9qnqf.jpg
CERsA2.jpg
CNSE5h.jpg

Pac-Man
Arrived in the mail today! Though, I've seen one left along with Shulk x2 when I went there to get another Silver Mario at Gamestop today. :D
Nice that these demands aren't as much to some as to others. Though, it'll be hard to get another Robin as I need one for the female.
aa9tLj.jpg
Lucina is rock bottom and will have to come at another time!.

HqJFL4.jpgBLm1EW.jpgSCAsUo.jpg6Dq6rS.jpg

Pikachu
I always get some others only I don't want to have to pay ridiculous prices for and Pikachu and Lucina are some of them. My Charizard, Greninja and Lucario got shipped today and waiting on those.
Edited by Lt_Matilda_Ajan

Got my Toon Link amiibo!

Now there are three other amiibo that I REALLY want to add to my collection....but two of them are rare (Marth, Shulk), and one isn't out until the fall IIRC (Ganondorf)

$25 (amiibo) + $23 (shipping) = $48 (total). Thanks but no thanks. I'm probably not going to fork over more than $20 total for an amiibo, lol.

As much as I want a Marth amiibo (which is a lot, because Marth is best lord), I'm not that desperate, heh. Not yet, at least.

$25 (amiibo) + $23 (shipping) = $48 (total). Thanks but no thanks. I'm probably not going to fork over more than $20 total for an amiibo, lol.

As much as I want a Marth amiibo (which is a lot, because Marth is best lord), I'm not that desperate, heh. Not yet, at least.

Yeah I didn't see the shipping at the time he posted that. Seller must have realized it too...

Anybody want Samus? GameStop.com apparently has her up.

If anyone here (living in the States) is looking for any amiibo that is not Fox/Little Mac/WiiFit/Villager/Marth/Pit/Rosalina/Captain Falcon, let me know, because I help maintain a repository of information on where many can be found online now~

I'm looking for all the FE amiibo. Marth is just my top priority.

There's no Toys R Us in my area, but if you know of any good deals online that would be very helpful.

Do either of you care about how it's boxed? If you're gonna just open it, I can be more flexible.