Splatoon (Major Update on August 5th/6th, Ver. 2.0.0 Patch Notes Available)

Jave

Next Splatfest is Transformers-Themed  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Autobots Vs. Decepticons?

• Autobots
    • Decepticons

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've played a demo of Splatoon. Wowie motion controls. Aiming with the pad took a little to get used to, but I felt fine with it afterwards. Ughugh I gotta get a Wii U

I want to get Splatoon, but I really don't want to pay $70 for it. What's being added in that August update? Because that might sway my opinion.

Where is it that you're paying $70 for it?

Here in Canada it's 70 bucks CDN. And no our prices hardly go down once the dollar goes back on par.

Edited by kingddd

The only problem I see here is that the win multiplier is not at all proportional to popularity. Simply giving both teams x2 win points still puts things statistically in favor of the more popular team.Giving both teams a x2 win multiplier is only okay when the teams are even, and even then it becomes moot because wins then become the only thing determining a difference between teams. To use an extreme example, what if Roller Coasters had 75% of NA players? It would only be fair, then, that Water Slides' wins accounted for three times as much points as Roller Coasters--say, x1.5 vs. x4.5 win points.Without such a catch-up mechanic, Splatfest really is little more than a glorified popularity contest.

Actually, since teams who are overpopulated may end up facing each other for no points, and both teams need to fight each other to give themselves AND the other side a chance to earn points, it evens out 50-50. My problem is simply with a battling competition and a popularity contest being one instead at least separate, if not only a battling competition. Statistics have nothing to do with my argument.

Ah, I forgot that some are buying from Canada and they have elevated prices and strange importing policies that drive prices up.

In Canada it's 70 dollars rounded without taxes.Importing fees would make it more expensive.I remember buying games with a twenty dollar bill and having change.

I'm away during Splatfest.Still chose water slides,though,to hopefully get some sea snails.

Team Water Slides! I hope we win, but I'll be fine as long as I get some super sea snails! They're so cute, I sometimes just visit Spyke to look at them.

...You know what he does to them, right? o.o;

Not only have I been massacring Team Sleeping today, I've finally reached level 20. I'm surprised that it took this long, as I thought that it would take me until at least mid-August at the earliest.

...You know what he does to them, right? o.o;

Of course, THAT bit is disturbing to me... *sigh*

Still, the game doesn't show him eating, so that's fine with me! I kept a few after the previous one.

I managed to reach the Eternal rank again, so hopefully I'll get a decent haul, even if Team Eating get beaten. I've also managed to finally beat the final boss of Story Mode, who is probably he most intense boss I've ever beaten. Of course now that I've beaten him normally, this means I have to beat him with the Roller and Splatcharger weapons to finish off the amiibo challenges.

Big Update coming August 6th! We'll finally be able to set up matches between friends!

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2015/July/Ink-tastic-new-content-coming-to-Splatoon-with-a-major-update-releasing-on-6th-August-1037221.html?utm_medium=Nintendo+UK&utm_source=twitter

27th July, 2015 – On 6th August, a free software update for Splatoon on Wii U brings a large amount of new content to the game, including two new matchmaking modes, new weapon types, an increase to the game’s level-cap and more than 40 pieces of new gear. Players will now be able to create a winning strategy and fight to be the best and most battle tested squid-squad around.

The new update introduces Squad Battle and Private Battle matchmaking options. In Squad Battle, players can participate in Ranked Battle rule sets with friends, rather than being teamed up with other players through a random selection. After a player creates a squad, friends can be recruited to form a team of two to four Inklings. Friends will always play together on the same team and battle against other squads at random.

In Private Battle, friends can splat it up in private, customisable matches. Two to eight friends can battle together by selecting their favourite map, mode and weapons. The number of participants ranges from 1v1 to 4v4, but teams don’t have to be even: if the host chooses, he or she can select a 1v4, 1v2, or any other combination of players.

With this robust new update also comes an increased level cap in both Regular Battle and Ranked Battle modes. After downloading the software update, players will be able to reach level 50 (raised from level 20) and rank S and S+ in Ranked Battle (both higher than A+).

While Inklings around the world are enjoying and mastering the current arsenal of weapons in Splatoon, two new weapon types will be available with the update, adding a new layer of strategy to the game. The bucket-like Slosher weapons hurl ink straight ahead at an impressive range. By adjusting the angle, these new weapons can be used to splat opponents who are up high or even on the other side of a wall. With the Gatling-style Splatling, players can charge all-powerful ink. A maximum charge unleashes the full potential of this particular weapon type. In addition to the new weapons, more than 40 pieces of gear, including everything from a leather jacket to a sushi-chef costume are coming to the various in-game shops in Splatoon.

Despite its size and scope, this massive August update is not the end of the splat-tacular free content coming to Splatoon. Following this update, more content will continually roll out through the rest of the summer and into autumn, including the Rainmaker Ranked Battle mode, additional maps and new weapons. More details on these additions will be revealed in the future.

I wish we could have gotten voice chat in the Private Battles.

I'm also hoping local multiplayer gets expanded on.

But I guess if my complaints after the update is that it leaves me wanting more, I guess that's a good thing.

Don't forget the new level cap, weapons, and gear!

now give me my pants and hairstyles plz

Splatoon Version 2.0.0 Patch Notes:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/update/index.html

Squad Battle
- go read the tumblr for the deets http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

Private Battle
- go read the tumblr for the deets http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

Level Changes
- Level cap has been increased to LV50.
-- At LV20, when you enter the lobby and listen to the explanation, your level cap will be increased.

Ranked Battle Changes
- S and S+ ranks have been added.
-- you can only progress in S and S+ rank in Ranked Battle (not Squad Battles).
-- you will not gain or lose rank points contributing towards S and S+ in Squad Battles.
- Adjusted win/loss point calculations in Ranked Battle.
- If your rank changes while playing in Ranked Battle, you will automatically be returned to the lobby.

New Gear
- New gear has been added, and will randomly appear for purchase in shops.

New BGM
- New BGM has been added, and will be added to the random battle BGM rotation.

Splatfest changes
- At the conclusion of Splatfest, the win percentage contribution multiplier has been changed from 2x to 4x.

Stage updates
- Urchin Underpass: Significantly modified the layout in all modes.
- Saltspray Rig: Modified the layout in Tower Control.
- Arowana Mall: Modified the layout in Splat Zones.
- Kelp Dome: Modified the layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.
- Moray Towers: Modified the layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.

Special Weapon updates
- Inkzooka: Increased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 220p.
- Echolocator: Increased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 200p.
- Killer Wail: Decreased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 160p.
※Numbers reflect rates before Special Charge Up is applied.

Subweapon updates
- Splash Wall: Corrected the amount of damage bombs would deal to the Splash Wall in rare cases.

Gear updates
- Tenacity: if a match starts with one team already having a fewer number of players, the special gauge now fills up when the match actually begins instead of beforehand.
- Special Charge Up: normalized the amount of special you get based on the amount of turf painted if you have a lot of Special Charge Up equipped, so painting large areas now gives you much more meter than before.

Battle SFX updates
- Made it easier to tell what direction an Inkstrike is coming from.
- Made it easier to hear SFX from certain long-range attacks.

Etc.
- Other quality of life updates.

Re: new information:

Dat Splatfest modifier change. Maybe it will be a bit less of a popularity contest? (Notably, Roller Coasters won the last NA Splatfest in spite of being the less popular team.)

An Inkzooka nerf? I would not have listed it even in my top 3 special weapons in the game. Whatever, doesn't affect me. :P

Dat Special Charge Up buff. I may be wanting to reroll my Crazy Arrows for triple SCU instead of my current double Ink Saver Main single Special Charge Up, as I have plenty of Ink Saver Main on other pieces of gear, and SCU was already one of the better non-unique abilities . . .