Splatoon (Major Update on August 5th/6th, Ver. 2.0.0 Patch Notes Available)

Jave

Next Splatfest is Transformers-Themed  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Autobots Vs. Decepticons?

• Autobots
    • Decepticons

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sales for the game in Japan are up now. Splatoon sold 144,000 copies in Japan from May 29-May 31. Comparing to other games, it's doing very strong. The numbers only include digital sales.

Mario Kart 8 – 325,892

Super Smash Bros. For Wii U – 227,527

New Super Mario Bros U – 163,528

Splatoon- 144,818

Super Mario 3D World – 99,588

Pikmin 3 – 92,720

Nintendo Land – 72,121

Hyrule Warriors – 69,090

Mario Party 10 – 50,212

Bayonetta 2 – 38,828

Wii Party U – 37,371

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – 35,717

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse – 32,137

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD – 30,264

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker – 28,025

New Super Luigi U – 24,882

Game & Wario – 22,491

The Wonderful 101 – 5,258

Source: http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20150603055/

The numbers only include digital sales.

Correction: It only includes retail sales. It also needs to be noted those numbers are all First Week in Japan only.

But yes, it's great that Splatoon caught so well. The game is awesome and really deserves the praise.

how about Super Mario Sunshine dlc. I would love to see F.L.O.O.D as a weapon

that would literally be one of the worst weapon in the entire game. But perfect to troll your teammates.

Correction: It only includes retail sales. It also needs to be noted those numbers are all First Week in Japan only.

Yeah I meant to type retail. :P

The game has done really well on the week's sales when you consider that it was only for sale for 3 days of the 7 day week. Averages out to around 48 thousand a day.

I just got this game today. Man did I underestimate this title. Graphically I think its one of the best looking titles on the Wii U and the multiplayer is fresh while being very exciting and an overall new experience. I disagree with their reasoning for not including voice chat but that is hardly a detractor in my book. The fact that you can see miiverse posts in game is pretty awesome too.

Anyone else having online problems as of late? I'll get a string of 5-6 games and then I'll have problems staying connected and get an error saying that I don't have an internet connection. It was horrendous last night when I tried playing I couldn't even get a game in. Typically the game will start fine and I'll start noticing problems when my ink doesn't paint the ground and it'll appear painted like 4 seconds later. I first checked my connection by playing games of Smash and Mario Kart online and they went on flawlessly so Splatoon is the only game I've been having issues with.

Inkbrush DLC coming at 7pm PST tonight! Comes with Sprinkler and Inkstrike so it seems like it'll be the perfect weapon for Ranked Battles considering that those are the best sub and special for splat zones. It's a roller weapon.

I've been meaning to get this game for a while now. So I went to the mall today, and picked me up some Splatoon and a Toad amiibo!

I must say, it's really freaking amazing! My friend Chelsea came to the mall with my sister and I, and when we went to GameStop, she looked disapprovingly at the box art for Splatoon, and told me that I was wasting my money. After getting home, we end up playing the game three hours straight, and she's loves it!

Splatoon is awesome. I'm still in love with the Splat Roller, but my friend likes to use the guns, which is probably better anyways. I'm just horrible at aiming XD. Should've picked it up earlier, I didn't know what I was thinking!

I've been meaning to get this game for a while now. So I went to the mall today, and picked me up some Splatoon and a Toad amiibo!

I must say, it's really freaking amazing! My friend Chelsea came to the mall with my sister and I, and when we went to GameStop, she looked disapprovingly at the box art for Splatoon, and told me that I was wasting my money. After getting home, we end up playing the game three hours straight, and she's loves it!

Splatoon is awesome. I'm still in love with the Splat Roller, but my friend likes to use the guns, which is probably better anyways. I'm just horrible at aiming XD. Should've picked it up earlier, I didn't know what I was thinking!

if you ever get the chance to level up enough, the Dynamo Roller and the Roller with Kraken special are one of the best preset weapons you can get for the roller sets.

*Giggle*

I'm getting this game on the 7th as the Strawberry paint stage and Smash Splatoon DLC alone are already wanting me to try out this game immediately. I'm knowing now that it will be a masterpiece once I touch it! :D

Ok so this has become a habitual thing. When I play from 10-1130PM Eastern time I seem to get an unstable connection and get dropped from games and the error code says that I do not have an internet connection. I know this is false as my Wii U is literally right by my router and has the entire n band to itself while everything else in the house runs on the ac band. Any other time of the day the game runs flawlessly but at that time at night I'll get in 4-5 games before it decides to shit the bed. Oh its just Splatoon. I tried Smash and Mario Kart 8 and they run perfectly at this time. Error code is 118-0006.

Other than that I'm enjoying the hell outta this game I've come to like the Machine gun with the Inkzooka combo covers alot of ground quickly and I pick off rollers day and night. Oh and having those seeker bombs is clutch too.

Edited by LordTaco42

if you ever get the chance to level up enough, the Dynamo Roller and the Roller with Kraken special are one of the best preset weapons you can get for the roller sets.

I just got the Krak-on Splat Roller! I've been trying to before I went to sleep.

But yeah, it's really good! As far as I can tell, it's pretty much the same thing as the original Splat Roller, except it creates a super jump location, and a (more) useful special! I liked Killer Wail, but I always found it hard to aim with.

Holy crap Inkbrush is amazing.

It's got the lowest range, but it's the fastest weapon and it turns on a dime. Literally the perfect weapon for ranked battles.

Holy crap Inkbrush is amazing.

It's got the lowest range, but it's the fastest weapon and it turns on a dime. Literally the perfect weapon for ranked battles.

Haven't got to ranked battle yet but I tried it and had a hard time with it. Can't seem to cover enough ground fast enough to use the ink artillery thing fast enough. I'm far more successful with the splattershots.

Yeah the weapon is basically designed to be support. It frankly sucks in turf wars because there's so much ground to cover and it's not very good at covering ground. But in ranked it's really good because of the focused zone play means less ground to cover, and this thing moves faster than you swim.

Combat on it sucks due to it being one of the weakest weapons (4HKOs everything, damage up and defense up don't actually change the number of hits you need to die for any weapon). You play it like a scout class, zipping in and out, dropping sprinklers and the occasional inkstrike, as well as ambush kills. Stealth Swim seems like a necessary ability for it.

Also the weapon seems to have a tipper effect, meaning that it'll take 3 hits to kill things as opposed to 4. Really adds to the potential this weapon has.

Edited by splart