Splatoon (Major Update on August 5th/6th, Ver. 2.0.0 Patch Notes Available)

Jave

Next Splatfest is Transformers-Themed  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Autobots Vs. Decepticons?

• Autobots
    • Decepticons

Finally,we (my sister and I) beat the single campaign.Now,we just have to look for the Sunken Scrolls because danmit I want the Dynamo Roller.

The scrolls from the bosses lets you unlock those weapons.

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one gripe i have with the online multiplier is that I always get into a lobby with two or three level 20 players, and they are always on the opposite team (and thus kick my team's arse).

Also, I'm getting really unlucky with the random ability unlocks. I have many pieces of gear that have duplicate abilities, which would be fine if they stacked with each another, but they don't.

The one gripe i have with the online multiplier is that I always get into a lobby with two or three level 20 players, and they are always on the opposite team (and thus kick my team's arse).

Also, I'm getting really unlucky with the random ability unlocks. I have many pieces of gear that have duplicate abilities, which would be fine if they stacked with each another, but they don't.

The past few days have been nothing but losing streak for me. Out of the 20 matches I've had, I only won once. Not to mention my Rank went from B to C+ in a few days now.

Edited by kingddd

The best I've ever managed was getting from the starting rank of C- to C. Three matches later, I was back down to a C-. At one point I was losing so many matches that the game took pity on me, and only reduced my rank points by 8 instead of 10.

I am currently at a rank of C-, with a score of 4 points.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

The best I've ever managed was getting from the starting rank of C- to C. Three matches later, I was back down to a C-. At one point I was losing so many matches that the game took pity on me, and only reduced my rank points by 8 instead of 10.

I am currently at a rank of C-, with a score of 4 points.

I haven't even gotten to a C rank yet.I am amazed at those people with a rank of A-.

One room. Level 20 Japanese players. One level 14/15 English player who can't get a hang of aiming.

I went onto Splatoon late today, mainly because I wanted to see the Carbon Roller!

Not so I could use it, but so I could kill the Carbon Roller users with my big chunky Dynamo Roller! lol, it was fun! In the first match, four Carbon Rollers came on, it felt like a great challenge with speed vs. strength. Though the range did help in some bits, so that was nice :)

I can aim perfectly fine, thank you.

Guessed that. I can't get the hang of aiming when people get really close to me. Heck, in ranked (back down to C-...) with the spatterscope I can't really aim when people are close to my snippimg platform. And in most of the maps it's easy to kill snipers so...

By some amazing streak of luck skill, I've finally made it back to a C rank. WHOO!

Also, it's Splatfest next week, and I can't wait to earn some of those Sea Urchins, so Spyke can re-roll those duplicate abilities that I have on some of my gear.

Ooh I'm nearly level 20! Doing ranked is by far the easiest way to level up. When you get a knock-out, you get 2100 points. Once I level up I get the E-Litre. Does it have a scope?

Looks like Special Saver and Quick Respawn are king in the new mode, some people have already accurately described it as a festival of death. Also Wails are making a comeback, I've actually seen three go off instantaneously.

I thought things like Defense perks stack on each other?

• 2 weeks later...

Splatoon has better tentacles legs than Smash Wii U in Japan. If the trend continues, it might outsell it by the end of the year.

This is from poster Hisha-kun at NeoGAF:

------------------------------------------------------------- 
|    | Super Smash Wii U |      Splatoon     |  Difference  |
|    | [WIU] (2014/12/06)| [WIU] (2015/05/28)|              | 
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|--------------| 
|Week|  Weekly |   LTD   |  Weekly |   LTD   | SSBWU – Splt | 
|  1 |  227.527|  227.527|  144.818|  144.818|        82.709| 
|  2 |   79.005|  306.533|   68.913|  213.731|        92.802| 
|  3 |   78.927|  385.460|   53.198|  266.929|       118.531|  
|  4 |   85.776|  471.236|   43.653|  310.582|       160.654| 
|  5 |   58.008|  529.244|   37.458|  348.040|       181.204|
|  6 |   18.884|  548.128|   34.135|  382.175|       165.953|
|  7 |   12.858|  560.986|   26.136|  408.312|       152.674|
|  8 |    8.728|  569.714|         |         |              |
|  9 |    6.398|  576.112|         |         |              |
| 10 |    5.683|  581.796|         |         |              |
| 11 |    6.118|  587.913|         |         |              |
| 12 |    4.881|  592.794|         |         |              |
| 13 |    4.936|  597.730|         |         |              |
| 14 |    4.829|  602.560|         |         |              |
|Total        -|  653.783|        -|  408.312|       245.471|      
-------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by Jave

Since I don't think I've seen anything like it posted yet, does anybody fancy doing an SF lobby this weekend?

Maybe Friday 9p.m. (4p.m. EST) or Sunday 6p.m. BST, so (1 p.m. eastern time)

I want to throw this out there; does anyone agree with how Splatfest results are determined? The final scores are determined by win percentage AND a team's population, with the more popular team getting more points. In fact, so far, no Splatfest team anywhere in the world has won and NOT been the more popular team.

I am opposed to popularity affecting results. Splatfest is about winning enough points for your team to win, and that requires playing the matches to help them out. Having popularity effect the competition feels outright dumb to me. One team outfights the other, only to lose because the other team had more people? I can't stand that logic, and for that matter, I'm sure plenty agree, as I've seen similar reactions on Miiverse and Squidboards. Leave popularity out of the results entirely; don't mix a battling competition with a popularity contest.

Sorry for my rant.

I want to throw this out there; does anyone agree with how Splatfest results are determined? The final scores are determined by win percentage AND a team's population, with the more popular team getting more points. In fact, so far, no Splatfest team anywhere in the world has won and NOT been the more popular team.

I am opposed to popularity affecting results. Splatfest is about winning enough points for your team to win, and that requires playing the matches to help them out. Having popularity effect the competition feels outright dumb to me. One team outfights the other, only to lose because the other team had more people? I can't stand that logic, and for that matter, I'm sure plenty agree, as I've seen similar reactions on Miiverse and Squidboards. Leave popularity out of the results entirely; don't mix a battling competition with a popularity contest.

Sorry for my rant.

Except the win percentage is 2x the points compared to popularity. I personally don't mind the popularity being a factor after all, it's supposed to be who supports whatever item + whoever wins the most. Most people I hear ranting about the contest calculation are usually on the losing team anyway.

Edited by kingddd

Except the win percentage is 2x the points compared to popularity. I personally don't mind the popularity being a factor after all, it's supposed to be who supports whatever item + whoever wins the most. Most people I hear ranting about the contest calculation are usually on the losing team anyway.

The only problem I see here is that the win multiplier is not at all proportional to popularity. Simply giving both teams x2 win points still puts things statistically in favor of the more popular team.

Giving both teams a x2 win multiplier is only okay when the teams are even, and even then it becomes moot because wins then become the only thing determining a difference between teams. To use an extreme example, what if Roller Coasters had 75% of NA players? It would only be fair, then, that Water Slides' wins accounted for three times as much points as Roller Coasters--say, x1.5 vs. x4.5 win points.

Without such a catch-up mechanic, Splatfest really is little more than a glorified popularity contest.

The only problem I see here is that the win multiplier is not at all proportional to popularity. Simply giving both teams x2 win points still puts things statistically in favor of the more popular team.

Giving both teams a x2 win multiplier is only okay when the teams are even, and even then it becomes moot because wins then become the only thing determining a difference between teams. To use an extreme example, what if Roller Coasters had 75% of NA players? It would only be fair, then, that Water Slides' wins accounted for three times as much points as Roller Coasters--say, x1.5 vs. x4.5 win points.

Without such a catch-up mechanic, Splatfest really is little more than a glorified popularity contest.

honestly I just want my sea snails. Could not even care about which team wins or loses anyway.