Splatoon (Major Update on August 5th/6th, Ver. 2.0.0 Patch Notes Available)

Jave

Next Splatfest is Transformers-Themed  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Autobots Vs. Decepticons?

• Autobots
    • Decepticons

I get that same feeling. It's not me wanting to not do something, it's just me wanting to resist being told to do something.

My 6th grade reading teacher always said that whenever she told students "no running", all they would do is run. That's why she said "walk", and the problem would be solved XD.

I have no power there to make you try Splatoon, and I know telling you again would be even worse. But... Splatoon could be better than it looks! (Just to keep in mind).

Oh yeah, I do keep that in mind now. Like I said, I'll probably try it anyway if it happens to be at some party or whatever that I attend. :P

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only able to play like 3 matches in the last testfire before the tornado sirens went off and I figured I should get to shelter.

But it was way more fun than I expected it to be. I was kind of on the fence about it before as I've never been good with console shooters like CoD and TF2. Last shooter I was awesome as was SWBF2 on PC. Now though I'm gonna get it tomorrow. I like how you can kinda suck at the whole "killing" the other players and still contribute to a victory (although I did post a 13/2 K/D ratio in my last match after a 2/7 and a 3/6).

I actually find the Gamepad motion control aiming to be much easier than dual analog aiming. It's easier for me to make subtle changes without overshooting where I want to aim. It's really similar to the aiming in MM 3DS to be honest and that was one of the best things about the 3ds port.

Edited by Philranger

I managed to submit an Splatoon fan art using Oil Cyrillic Painting that I used it from my Advance Painting class that I worked on for the Splatoon Fan Art Contest to Tumblr.

But, is there anyone know anything more about Tumblr, I am a little bit new to Tumblr, but I was trying to look around for the hash tags that I linked on for the post that I submitted and I don't see my artwork appearing in the Most Recent search in any of the requested hash tags that I added to my post from Tumblr, but does anyone know if there's a way to have my artwork to be shown in the Most Recent search in any of the requested hash tags or will my artwork pop up later?

I think Splatoon's success in Japan is more than simply "Japanese people like cartoony-style games" - Nintendo didn't spend all this time and money hyping it up for nothing. It will more than likely sell exceptionally well in other parts of the world, too.

With the right advertising and PR, anything is possible. It's a brand new Nintendo franchise with new characters, it is also unique, and is also a fun multiplayer game.

People see it. People read abut it. Word of mouth. People test it for themselves. It should not be a surprise to anyone if it does sell well.

And why would I want the opposite, exactly?

Wait, you DO want it to fail? It's not a one-or-the-other situation. You can choose to not care.

Besides, it's not like the game failing benefits anyone. The game doing well is good for everyone who cares about it.

Wait, you DO want it to fail? It's not a one-or-the-other situation. You can choose to not care.

Besides, it's not like the game failing benefits anyone. The game doing well is good for everyone who cares about it.

Why should I care that anyone cares about it when I don't care about it? You're seriously confusing me.

Why should I care that anyone cares about it when I don't care about it? You're seriously confusing me.

Okay, now you're just being childish.

Okay, now you're just being childish.

How so? Again, you're still confusing me. It's not childish to not care about a game. Can't you just accept that I care nothing for your precious ink shooting game?

Edited by Anacybele

Anyways from what I learned from my friend who played the midnight digital download release, when you want to join with friends there is a waiting queue that lets you wait until a slot is available unlike Mario Kart 8 where you have to hope there is an open space to join friend or else it would just kick you. So that's a nice feature that they implemented. So we can gather together in a single lobby on skype together more easily if we add each other properly on the Wii U.

Edited by kingddd

How so? Again, you're still confusing me. It's not childish to not care about a game. Can't you just accept that I care nothing for your precious ink shooting game?

If you don't care about it, stop returning to the thread to remind people who do.

Regarding the sales figures Jave posted, Splatoon is continuing to do really well in Japan. In fact, it's sold out!

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-already-selling-out-in-japan-nintendo-issues-apology-promises-more-copies-next-week/

Splatoon will also be getting weapons based on the NES Zapper! The Prima Guide has the DLC weapons in it.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/splatoon-weapons.jpg

To be honest, I've never heard about a Wii U game selling out in Japan, considering that sales figures over there show they heavily favor handheld consoles. This is really exciting!

Edited by splart

I don't get this game. My friends all pushed me to buy this so I play with them, but so far it seems like a pretty average shooter with some good customization elements, boring story, and a bigger emphasis on stage control. What gives?

Ana, you're lucky Tang got here first. I would have warned you.

What do people think of the game so far? I'm delaying buying it until I hear good things about it. I'm not sure I'll like it, so I don't want to drop $60 unless I can be sure.

It's not worth the full $60. Nintendo Wii U people are just hungry for the next big multiplayer thing since Smash and this isn't it. 1 hour in and I'm already regretting it.

What do people think of the game so far? I'm delaying buying it until I hear good things about it. I'm not sure I'll like it, so I don't want to drop $60 unless I can be sure.

I personally love it, but it's really up to each individual. The Testfire was a good time to get a feel of the game and if you missed that, there isn't much you can do unless you find a store with a demo.

They are going to continuously update the game with new stages and gear until a major update hits in August. There are also going to be live events (called "Splatfest") every now and then. So if you are on the fence, you might want to wait until the game gets a bit meatier.

Did you watch the Direct? They go into detail on all the features.

Very individual preference right now but so far I am definitely loving it.

The amount of manuverability that the squid forms offers so many different strategies and tactics to use in the shooting gameplay. You can use it to sneak attack, get to the front line faster, manuver around the map, get into high places to snipe, recharge your ink, dodge attacks and retreating.

Some designs can turn off some people. Currently only 5 Maps where you can only play about 2 maps per rotation every 4 hours, weapons and loadouts are presetted meaning you cannot switch subweapons or special weapons like in Call of Duty or Battlefield. Very limited modes, Online 8 player Turf War, offline 1 vs 1 and a single player campaign that will last you 7-8 if you are not going 100%.

However there are some nice little content in the package, the cosmetics offers a lot of variety of perks for gameplay purposes, the variety of presetted loadouts actually offer a wide variety of style of shooting mechanics, the miiverse integration can be pretty relaxing to look at and the single player campaign is a nice little add on to play around with.

Once the newer modes are out like King of the Hill, payload, ranked battles and more maps come out, the 60 dollars would definitely be more worth it. Keep in mind the amount of content we currently have right now is almost equivalent to Team Fortress 2 when it was first released.

Honestly, I can't figure out why I love this game so much. I haven't had this much playing a video game in a long time.

I really like the speed of the game. You're always doing something. The only time you aren't is if you're waiting your 3-5 seconds to respawn. I hate other shooters (and if anything, Splatoon makes me even less interested in the genre) because so many other shooters involve that standing around waiting game that I find incredibly boring. The idea that killing people isn't the main objective honestly flips the genre on its head and it's such an ingenious way to enhance the gameplay because players are active.

In terms of the cost, the game is getting a lot of free DLC on a regular basis so it's hard to say how much it's really worth. By the end of the summer when the updates finish, I think the $60 price tag will definitely be warranted. But even right now, I'm in love with the little bit of the game I have and I have no regrets. I've played every mode and I really like all of them. Battle Dojo is honestly my favorite of the three modes and I really hope they flesh this mode out because there is so much to work with here. Story mode feels like the weakest of the modes because all of the depth from Turf War and Battle Dojo is gone.

But yeah, if you're apprehensive about getting the game, I know a lot of people are waiting until the updates are done before getting it as it will justify the price tag more. Best thing I can suggest for now is finding someone with the game and give it a whirl.