What In OR/AS Disappointed you?

Paper Dragon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lack of characterization and no restaurants like x and y. i also miss the battle frontier but that might be dlc or something in the future. i really wanted a leveling spot like triple battles in restaurant le wow.

Edited by Comet

Basically what has already been said. I don't care too much about restaurants but I do miss the cool option of character customization. Instead, it has gone back to giving you the face of a generic trainer of your choosing during multiplayer.

The absolute biggest letdown was the no Battle Frontier. I was so excited for it but instead, was greeted by an absolute ripoff of the Battle Maison from X and Y. Even the trainer models of your opponents are from X and Y.

Other than that, an absolutely great game, doing the original every bit of justice it deserves.

I'm only really disapointed by the lack of customization and battle frontier.

Otherwise, I think the games are great. They build on the things introduced in XY and add the Hoenn elements (which was is my favorite generations). The Delta Episode was great as well.

Lack of Groudon vs Kyogre.

And Zinnia. She's legit one of the worst characters in Pokémon ever. Shows up out of no where and hijacks the plot to make it all about herself. Makes fools out of every character that is important and is generally unlikable.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

lack of characterization and no restaurants like x and y.

it's kind of shallow compared to actual XY restaurants, but the food court in mauville exists, doesn't it?

as for me, I was so hype for battle frontier but then that didn't happen :(

- Garbage story, barely any script and laughably shallow

- Lati forced down your throat in like 5 minutes out of nowhere

- No customization

- Ease

- Lack of a lot of mega evolutions (like Milotic and Flygon)

Edited by Chiki

I wish they had kept some of X/Y's features like appearance customization and centers and marts being combined.

And then Battle Frontier. Yeeeeah, get on that, Game Freak.

And Zinnia. She's legit one of the worst characters in Pokémon ever. Shows up out of no where and hijacks the plot to make it all about herself. Makes fools out of every character that is important and is generally unlikable.

Hijacks what plot? The plot is over by that point. Her thing is just an add-on.

The music disappointed me. Sure it felt like a throwback, but considering the intense energy felt in other games notable fights, the legendary music just felt so sluggish and blah.

Also no battle frontier? Ill hold out for BetaEmerald

My main caveats with ORAS are:

-No Battle Frontier

-The fact that many of the non-Hoenn legendary Pokemon are found by interacting with portals. That there just screams laziness to me and the portals themselves are rather cheesy. The fact that it also shows at the start of the battle (even with Pokemon whose locations do make sense like Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Thundurus, Tornadus and Landorus) just only adds to my point.

I wasn't disappointed by the lack of character customization since I have never bought any customizations in X and Y. Also, customizations didn't exist in the original Ruby and Sapphire.

I honestly laughed when I looked up on how pathetic Prof. Birch is in the post-story.

I wonder why folks are still complaining about Pokemon being easy. Anywho~

Megas introduced in ORAS aren't compatible with XY, by that I mean I can't have Mega Diancie or Mega Salamence in my Y.

Wallace exists

The music disappointed me. Sure it felt like a throwback, but considering the intense energy felt in other games notable fights, the legendary music just felt so sluggish and blah.

Also no battle frontier? Ill hold out for BetaEmerald

Yeah I thought the music was disappointing cause it sounds exactly the same but with better instruments.

As much as I liked customization, it'd make no sense to change Brendan and May's characters.

It was simply a feature removed and that disappointed me.

Even though it's the "next game", connection to the PSS and seeing X and Y man I almost typed MUs customizable player characters made me a little jealous.

Also, still playing the game (and I never finished Ruby), so I haven't seen much that disappointed me yet.

GQb92cB.png

A few things so far.

- No berry field

- Boring gym designs again (the outside, mostly)

- Juan isn't the eighth gym leader (seriously, screw Wallace, especially in his new design... Ew)

- No Mega Johto starters like mentioned above

I felt that the character customization in X&Y was just right because of the whole beauty theme. And I think they wanted to stay faithful to the original games, while making it the more accessible Pokemon game at the same time. So maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but I don't think it would have been a good idea to stick it in ORAS.

As for disappointments... not much, I guess. Maybe it's because I'm still in love with it. My biggest complaint would be the lag, but that's something you can get used to pretty quick. I also don't like how May basically just stays at home once you get to the end. Does anyone know if you can do something to have rematches with her later?

- Juan isn't the eighth gym leader (seriously, screw Wallace, especially in his new design... Ew)

Wallace still was the Champion in Emerald though... he would have been prominent in the game regardless. If anything he gets more exposure in that version of the game.

I wish you could fly straight to Secret Bases, but on the other hand being able to fly to any route is still better than nothing. I miss the Pokemarts being in the Pokemon Center like it had been for several games considering they were willing to completely remodel Mauville City. Incompatible megas with XY is probably the biggest of all disappointments, though. Normally everything in one gen is more or less compatible so I wish they would patch XY with the data for ORAS megas. I still wish they would allow you to set repel-type items to your Y shortcut like many of the key items.

Overall I have no problems with things like story in a Pokemon game. It's pretty much the same as it was all those years ago.