Finally playing a Pokémon game.

Thank you guys for all the tips and recommendations!

Now I can handle this game much better.

Some asked questions by myself were answered later in this game:

For example that the weakest Pokémon should be used first in a battle and that all the six nominated Pokémon share the experience.

I didn't know that male and female Pokémon exist.

I got a female Pikachu. Since SSB I always thought Pikachu has to be male.

My first pokemon game was Gold :P

i was three, i could not read and i did not know how to save until i realized this little "SPEICHERN" text displayed on the menu, i was so flashed about that the game saved O.o the farthest i got to was the viridian forest without saving

i still dont know if the gym leader is a loli or shouta though :/

I didn't know that male and female Pokémon exist.

I got a female Pikachu. Since SSB I always thought Pikachu has to be male.

Yeah, some Pokemon even have differences in appearance depending on gender. Have you compared male and female Pikachu tails? They're a bit different.

Oh, and some Pokemon don't have a gender at all.

Yeah, some Pokemon even have differences in appearance depending on gender. Have you compared male and female Pikachu tails? They're a bit different.

Oh, and some Pokemon don't have a gender at all.

Golett!

My first pokemon game was Gold :P

i was three, i could not read and i did not know how to save until i realized this little "SPEICHERN" text displayed on the menu, i was so flashed about that the game saved O.o the farthest i got to was the viridian forest without saving

i still dont know if the gym leader is a loli or shouta though :/

Bugsy is my Waifu and also a male, if that's who you are referring to.

I'm in route 7 at the moment and I have to say I'm not too bad in this game actually.

I know which Pokémon I have to use to have an advantage in the element triangle.

The battles are pretty good, not too hard.

Only the fight against the photographer Viola was a little bit tricky, because the plague attack of her second Pokémon really annoyed me. However Pikachu showed who's boss.

A few Pokémon got a promotion, so I use lower level Pokémon at the moment.

I have a question:

How can I destroy the bushes and / or trees to get access to some chests. It's said that a Pokémon can destroy them. But I have no idea, what I have to do. Do I need a special item or Pokémon?

"Pokémon X" is the biggest contender for being my second most favourite 3DS game behind "Tales of the Abyss".

Yes, I like it more than SSB4 already!

You'll need to teach your Pokemon the HM Cut in order to cut down prickly bushes.

Keep in mind that HM's cannot be removed from a Pokemon's moveslot unless you do it through the Move Deleter.

All right, thanks :)

No problem.

Honestly, most HM's aren't very useful battling moves, so I suggest you assign them to some Pokemon that you don't plan on using in battle. HM's such as Surf and Waterfall are actually very useful Water-type moves though, so feel free to teach those to your Water-type teammates. (You may prefer either one depending on whether your Water-type is physically/specially oriented.)

Edited by Esme

I'm in route 7 at the moment and I have to say I'm not too bad in this game actually.

I know which Pokémon I have to use to have an advantage in the element triangle.

The battles are pretty good, not too hard.

Only the fight against the photographer Viola was a little bit tricky, because the plague attack of her second Pokémon really annoyed me. However Pikachu showed who's boss.

A few Pokémon got a promotion, so I use lower level Pokémon at the moment.

I have a question:

How can I destroy the bushes and / or trees to get access to some chests. It's said that a Pokémon can destroy them. But I have no idea, what I have to do. Do I need a special item or Pokémon?

"Pokémon X" is the biggest contender for being my second most favourite 3DS game behind "Tales of the Abyss".

Yes, I like it more than SSB4 already!

bold: ...

Be careful when teaching HM moves btw, you can only forget them if you go to the move deleter from... The city with the big pink crystal thing? I think?

Be careful when teaching HM moves btw, you can only forget them if you go to the move deleter from... The city with the big pink crystal thing? I think?

You're thinking of Anistar, but the move deleter is actually in Dendemille.

Well I begin to rename some Pokémon after Fire Emblem characters.

Snorlax is Oliver from now on and (female) Pikachu is replaced by Ilyana. I have called the fire lion Sanaki.

I wanted to get the sword Pokémon so badly and called it Edward, but either my Pokémon didn't do any damage to it or they killed it instantly. Probably I'll have to sacrifice a superball...

Maybe some of you have any suggestions how to rename my Pokémon.

You'll need to teach your Pokemon the HM Cut in order to cut down prickly bushes.

Keep in mind that HM's cannot be removed from a Pokemon's moveslot unless you do it through the Move Deleter.

bold: ...

I found "HM cut" in the garden of Parfum Palace. I gave it to Pokémon #114 Espurr.

I haven't given any other HM to my Pokémon yet. I'll want to wait a little bit, till I know which Pokémon will be in my main team. I still collect and train new Pokémon just for fun. However I use items like "x-attack" or "x-defend" etc. in battles.

I feel incredibly old when I say "I've been playing Pokémon since there was only 150 of them.

I was 12 during those days....

I was 10.
When I came to the secondary school everybody in my class collected Pokémon cards. I'm really sure I was the only one, who did not, because I was to stingy to "waste" my money for this. It was really group pressure in the late 90s like alcohol consumption today. If you didn't collect Pokémon cards, you were a loser!
So I was a loser...

Edited by The Taninator

Well I begin to rename some Pokémon after Fire Emblem characters.

Snorlax is Oliver from now on and (female) Pikachu is replaced by Ilyana. I have called the fire lion Sanaki.

I wanted to get the sword Pokémon so badly and called it Edward, but either my Pokémon didn't do any damage to it or they killed it instantly. Probably I'll have to sacrifice a superball...

Maybe some of you have any suggestions how to rename my Pokémon.

I found "HM cut" in the garden of Parfum Palace. I gave it to Pokémon #114 Espurr.

I haven't given any other HM to my Pokémon yet. I'll want to wait a little bit, till I know which Pokémon will be in my main team. I still collect and train new Pokémon just for fun. However I use items like "x-attack" or "x-defend" etc. in battles.

Renaming Pokémon requires going to the Name Rater (I think he's from Luminose but I'm probably thinking of Gen V)

Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash is one of Gen VI's strongest. It got banned from OU after all. I named mine Durandal. I'd say go Swords Dance/King's Shield/Sacred Sword/Iron Head I GUESS with it.

Also I'm still saying use an Eevee>Glaceon!

Don't forget about typing immunities, Taninator. Honedge has a unique Ghost and Steel-typing.

Steel is one of the best defensive types in the game. Combined with Ghost, Steel loses one of its weaknesses- Fighting-types. That's because Ghost-types are immune to both Normal and Fighting-type moves. Status moves work fine, but if you're attempting to actually damage a Ghost-type with either of those types of moves... Well, you already know why that's a bad idea.

Anyway, Honedge itself has three immunities: Normal, Fighting, and Poison. It also resists Grass, Ice, Steel, Fairy, and Rock. Most of these are common earlygame types, which is why it might be too difficult for you at this point to damage one enough to catch it easily. Don't worry about it too much, though. You can always return to its location and try again once your team is capable of damaging it. Steel and Ghost-typing is weak to Dark, Ground, and Ghost. So perhaps you can wait until you have those types of moves available.

Edited by Esme

Don't forget about typing immunities, Taninator. Honedge has a unique Ghost and Steel-typing.

Steel is one of the best defensive types in the game. Combined with Ghost, Steel loses one of its weaknesses- Fighting-types. That's because Ghost-types are immune to both Normal and Fighting-type moves. Status moves work fine, but if you're attempting to actually damage a Ghost-type with either of those types of moves... Well, you already know why that's a bad idea.

Anyway, Honedge itself has three immunities: Normal, Fighting, and Poison. It also resists Grass, Ice, Steel, Fairy, and Rock. Most of these are common earlygame types, which is why it might be too difficult for you at this point to damage one enough to catch it easily. Don't worry about it too much, though. You can always return to its location and try again once your team is capable of damaging it. Steel and Ghost-typing is weak to Dark, Ground, and Ghost. So perhaps you can wait until you have those types of moves available.

Shouldn't honedge also be weak to fire?

After a longer break I've continued this game. Currently I am in route 11.

I've not so many problems in the battles so far. I only don't know exactly, when a Pokémon can do effective or non effective damage. I've tried it to research in Poké Wiki as good as I can, but there so many different types of Pokémon and attacks, so it's hard for me to understand everything. And not everything is explained in this game yet.

I only know...

• the triangle water > fire > plant > water
  • flying Pokémon are good against fighters
  • water is good against stone
  • psychial attacks are good against Pokémon with a high physical defense

My main Pokémon are around level 30. The opponents are about level 25.

My main six are:

Wartortle

Braixen

Honedge

Floette

Furfrou

Pikachu

On Honedge I replaced sword dance by slash. Was it a bad idea?

I let autotomize on it, because its speed is very low.

Which types of Pokémon do you recommend me to use?

Shall I train a fighter Pokémon. I have a few of them already.

Swords Dance is a move granted upon elites by the gods.

IMO.

I STILL think you should use Eevee to become a Glaceon :P:

psychial attacks are good against Pokémon with a high physical defense

Uh

Not only is it wrong... it makes no sense anyway. Phys, Def weakens opponent's phys. attacks. Not the opposite.

By the way, the Larvesta -> Volcarona line evolves LATE, but it has access to what is likely my favorite move ever. Aka Quiver Dance, which raises SpAtk, SpDef, and Spd one stage each. It was a better Pokémon overall in Gen V (take that PWT Wallace who falls to that monster with a type advantage) and is currently BL, but I recommend it regardless.