ITT: We whine/complain

Junkhead

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's annoying when people think you're into anime just because you have an "anime image" on your profile even when it's actually from a game. And you're not even a gamer.

how can you blame anyone for assuming that though

It's annoying when people think you're into anime just because you have an "anime image" on your profile even when it's actually from a game. And you're not even a gamer.

wait, you're not into anime?

how can you blame anyone for assuming that though

Yes. Most of my images are from only one manga, the one and only manga I've ever read.

wait, you're not into anime?

Your complaints about people complaining is also annoying. :smug:

when you consider that you are amongst those of us in the small minority of english speakers who actively participate in watching/reading anime/manga and play video games, i don't think it's that unreasonable to assume another random person on the board (anime image or not) is also into that stuff. i barely watch anime and have read only 3 manga--one good one--but still, i wouldn't mind if someone assumed i was into that stuff. just my opinion though i suppose.

i am annoyed that my prof. has to read all of our term papers, grade our finals, and determine the scale alone because grades were due yesterday and it's still not available. more importantly, i need a letter of rec. for the future and he's probably too swamped with work to get that to me in a reasonable time-frame...

actually millions of westerners play videogames. it's mostly, like, FIFA or whatever but still. i barely know any people around my age group that /don't/ play videogames, and it holds true all the way up to around my brother's age group (10 years older than me)

manga and anime are still definitely a fringe area of interest though.

when you consider that you are amongst those of us in the small minority of english speakers who actively participate in watching/reading anime/manga and play video games, i don't think it's that unreasonable to assume another random person on the board (anime image or not) is also into that stuff. i barely watch anime and have read only 3 manga--one good one--but still, i wouldn't mind if someone assumed i was into that stuff. just my opinion though i suppose.

Oh, you reminded me: I actually wasn't referring to people HERE. I meant people "irl". My celphone/FB backround images tend to be anime-esque, and hence "oh ur into anime". It's like saying you're a fan of a certain band you've only heard one song of.

i had a guy assume that once from my phone background

he was this literal ex-mercenary motherfucker of a man

we had a subsequent awesome chat about anime

it was kind of bizarre

Assuming people online on game forums liking anime or seen some popular series isnt too big a deal. Assuming that someone is a full blown weeb, is something else. Dont assume people are weebs just cuz "oh look Panty and Stocking!"