QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

IMO you can be ambitious w/out being competitive. Competitive seems to refer mostly to comparisons to other people. Ambition could be seen as being independent of considerations of how you compare yourself to others, and more about trying to surpass your previous successes. And I'm sure there are many other differences one could draw as well.

i agree one can be ambitious without being competitive, evidenced in myself in fact, but the fact stands that ambition is more often than not taken as the drive to succeed on the shoulders of your peers and inferiors: victory at any cost, the drive to be the one at the very top whatever it takes, moving past what you are to what you can be; i, rather, am driven by my desire to be my best i can be every day, regardless of whether i should prevail over others in the process.

i'm practicing writing like a great german author with massive run-on sentences!

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and no. I'd explain what I mean but I've already used my "making long, wordy posts" budget on a future article I'm writing.

I will, however, say I used to be rather ambitious.

Edit: Nvm, answer's a plain ol' yes, but it's specific.

Edited by Interest

Im ambitious only to my personal standards. Im not particularly ambitious in the traditional sense.

I'd say this.

Motivations and belief in such ambitions fluctuate a lot though.

I had great neighbors a long time ago, but they usually all move out

Since the last decade, my family is the only one who hasn't moved from our house in our street

We only have one neighbor that we get along really well with now so idk, yes.

Dunno, I don't really know most of them and there doesn't seem to be anyone around my age. It feels very quiet and empty around here. :(

I'd rather have that than people who are constantly loud or blast loud music, are violent, or get involved with crime or are any combination of those, though.

I'd rather have that than people who are constantly loud or blast loud music, are violent, or get involved with crime or are any combination of those, though.

Ahhhhh yeah I used to have neighbours that just blasted their music (sometimes late at night) and had a police car visiting them quite a few times

I dunno if they were violent though~

But now we have different neighbours living there now and I think they seem to be better (one of them is a policedud and we kinda got to know that guy since one of his sons was on my brother's baseball team)

Edited by Freohr Datia

I've never interacted with them.

In the house I lived in until I was 5-6, there was an old dude with a house right next to ours who was pretty friendly but

And the house I lived in until I was about 9-10, there was 2 kids in the house next to mine who were a few years older than me but they were also pretty friendly.