QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

that's an affirmative from me, for the ones I know

not like hella close to them but we're all on good terms

Q479: What theatrical productions have you seen, if any?

plays/musicals/performances/etc, ya dig

my terminology know-how is like 0 despite having taken a class on theater so feel free to correct me

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god I can't remember them all. Buuuuut the only times I've seen any were from school field trips or sometimes school play teasers that they let us come out of class to see~

The only one I remember for certain is A Christmas Carol

Acted in two :smug:

I haven't really seen too many, though. A couple musicals at ADFA, the Caretaker in Adelaide, a few others I'm too just-woke-up to figure out yet.

a bunch because i was a theatre junkie when i was little. the coolest was probably Hairspray at the kennedy center

shakespeare up the ass: two gentlemen from verona, much ado about nothing, r & j, hamlet, twelfth night, othello, macbeth, probably more

also oedipus rex, a christmas carol, and godspell. i saw a french play that i couldn't follow because like half of it was in french, and it was done in front of a large projector screen with lots of vaginas. i've seen Second City twice, dunno if that counts. there are others i'm forgetting.

oh yeah, and my siblings' plays. i watched theirs, they had to watch mine.

Most of the theatrical plays I've seen were by Shakespeare (Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, etc etc.), though I remember a few others like Hairspray and the Wedding Singer! There's a lot more since the youth performing arts magnet at our school does a lot of them, but I can't remember all the ones they did since sixth grade.

Umm,

I haven't seen The Taming of the Shrew, but I saw a musical about a production of The Taming of the Shrew. Looking on wikipedia, I belive it was a production of "Kiss Me, Kate."
I've seen the Tempest.
I've seen Anthony and Cleopatra.

I think I saw part of Twelfth NIght

I'm pretty sure I saw Much Ado About Nothing.

Non Shakespeare stuff:
Arcadia (Tom Stoppard). Wow, this one was amazing.

All My Sons

I think there are more but I can't think of them

A lot of these plays I saw when I was really pretty young. I think I enjoyed all of them, but I don't think I really understood what was going on on more than a very immediate level. Also, I find it odd that Perclies, Prince of Tyre, contains the names Pericles (obviously) and Cleon, both powerful Athenians during the Peloponnesian War era.

And musicals...

Annie Get Your Gun
Pendragon
Guys and Dolls

Gypsy

Bloody Bloody Jackson

On the Town
Cats

I wasn't a big fan of either Bloody Bloody Jackson or On the Town. I mean, I really thought they were boring.

Also, I saw a performance of "Jacques Brele (sp?) is Alive and in Paris," which was totally awesome.

Sadly, i havent been to many. I have seen a stage production of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe and it was pretty gr9. Ive seen some local productions. One was a musical and i really cant remember the name of it, But it was about the Roaring Twenties and had a lot to do with jazz and dixieland music. Uhhhggg the name of it escapes me...

I also saw a production of Midsummer Night's Dream in college. That was pretty great too.

Ive always wanted to see Phantom of the Opera.

Mort, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Waiting for Godot, The Lion King, Love Never Dies, Peter Pan and Cosi are the ones I remember.

I was also in a production of The Tempest. That was cool.

Sadly, i havent been to many. I have seen a stage production of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe and it was pretty gr9. Ive seen some local productions. One was a musical and i really cant remember the name of it, But it was about the Roaring Twenties and had a lot to do with jazz and dixieland music. Uhhhggg the name of it escapes me...

I also saw a production of Midsummer Night's Dream in college. That was pretty great too.

Ive always wanted to see Phantom of the Opera.

oh ya. I saw a school production of lion which wardrobe.

476. No, I find cleaning very tedious.

477. Hmm... I would say I'm ambitious, but not very motivated.

478. My neighbors are fine. For the most part, I don't interact with them very much, but there aren't any big problems I have with them so I guess the answer is yes.

479. I saw Nice Work If You Can Get It on Broadway, and some local shows as well. One of my cousins is a very skilled performer and I see her if she's doing a show and I get the chance as well.