QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeing as the desire to know 'everything' is an obvious answer, and a bit of a cop-out honestly, similarly in 'wishing' to know more about my field of study, instead i'll opt for music theory. to me, 'wishing' i knew something implies either i cannot learn it or i'm too lazy to utilize the resources around to do so. 'forbidden knowledge' falls under the former, whilst learning music theory definitely falls under the latter haha. i really don't want to put in the time to learn music theory; i wish i just knew it...

this is a good post. you are a good poster.

qotd: african history

art history. i feel like downloading all that stuff to my brain would help me appreciate modern culture even more, instantly. being an art maven or w/e sounds like a great way to connect and empathize with people from the past and just in general, and it also sounds really hard (like, developing that knowledge base methodically over the course of many years, i mean)

Edited by Dijon Mustard

Psychology tbh. I wish i knew more about how the human mind works so i could help people with psychological issues. That, and how to make computers do things other than interwebz.

actually creating music and coding

it's not that I can't it's just that I'm always too lazy to get started fsr

Q551: You have to move to a different country right now. Where do you go?

I'd like to figure out a way to make a compelling interactive exploration of mental and psychological illness, something that could both be an educational tool (in the sense that Civilization could be seen as one, moreso than "edutainment") while also maintaining good game design.

Like, one idea that stuck in my mind was a game putting the player in the role of a suicide prevention officer (mechanics, uh, to be developed). Making that into something that people would like to "play," a "good game," while also not just giving proper weight to the subject matter but trying to contribute something of value to how the issues are seen... On one hand I feel like the whole idea is full of holes, but I've also been shown games like Tropico can somehow make, say, "helping drag people out of crippling poverty" into not just a functioning but a fun game. (This is roughly where knowledge of the craft meets "is this even possible?" I suppose)

551: Got a ton of folks in Canada, pretty easy pickings in my case

Canada I guess.

IDK I'd probably choose Taiwan because I can speak a bit of Mandarin but the climate isn't really my thing so Canada.

Since this is so sudden for me I'd probably choose Canada, so if my family couldn't come with me that's the closest I could be for visiting (plus that lands me even closer to my mother)

New Zealand, because I always wanted a compromise between living in the mountains and living by the sea.

Edited by Knight