Fire Emblem 4 0% Growths LTC

MartyTheDemonSlayer

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing 3% finish to the playthrough, man.

Side note, you mentioned not knowing the formula for status sword success, this site lists it as (30-enemy res)%, and it loops around if their res is >30.

Amazing 3% finish to the playthrough, man.

Side note, you mentioned not knowing the formula for status sword success, this site lists it as (30-enemy res)%, and it loops around if their res is >30.

From what i understand, the glitch is that more than 30 res gives the sleep and beserk swords 100% activation rates. Tecnicaly, you could use this to trivialise julious because the lopt tome bumps him over 30 res, but thit is so slow that you might as well just use the book of naga.

Edit: also, did you save and load the game at any point in gen 2? (Doing that gives celice an extra liedership star, which improves reliability.)

Edited by sirmola

And here are the rankings!

Units:

1. Oifaye

In many ways Oifaye is this generation's Sigurd. He starts off ridiculously strong and tapers a little towards the end. However, his drop is not as precipitous as Sigurd's, as he still manages to contribute in chapter 10 and the final chapter. When you look at all of Oifaye's contributions, it's hard to imagine an efficient clear of the second generation without him. In Chapter 6, he's needed for boss killing, in Chapter 7, he's needed to clear out Melgen and Alster, in Chapter 8 he's needed to kill practically everything since no other mount can use the light sword with the same effect, in Chapter 9 he's needed to feed more kills onto the light sword, and in chapters 10 and endgame he's just another member of a team effort where everyone from Leif to Sety is irreplaceable. For all these contributions, Oifaye wins the distinction of being the best unit of the second generation.

2. Leif

Does this man even need any introduction? The rescue staff is such a massive turn saver and allows me to skip so many enemies which is especially important in this type of play through.

3. Laylea

Yeah... no explanation is necessary.

4. Celice

Celice seems to be pretty high up, but he does do a lot. He clears out almost all of Chapter 6 and then goes on an insane boss killing tear. He also gives leadership. Though he may not be the most amazing unit himself I pumped him full of resources so that he could do what he had to.

5. Daisy

A thief wasn't as important this generation as in the last, but some money dumping was necessary. In chapter 8 I needed Laylea to have the knight and leg ring, and there were other money dumps throughout the play through. Though she definitely didn't do as much as Dew I'm not sure what I'd do without her.

6. Shanan

Kind of like Levin in the first generation, except that I didn't need him to do everything towards the end. Nonetheless, he was a very useful unit. Clearing out Yied, helping with Darna, rekking Arion's squad, slaying the Rotten Ritter, and dealing with the axe knights were all important contributions. Shanan was the only unit capable of going toe to toe with the worst the game had to offer, and for that he secures 6th on this list.

7. Sety

The top staff user of the run. A lot of good warping usage, a few reserve uses to increase reliably, and a turn saving rescue use and a turn saving restore use net him 7th on the list.

8. Aless

I expect a lot of you guys are surprised to see him so low, but Aless wasn't the most useful. Though he definitely was important to snipe enemies, he was never the crux of any strategy. Though taking out dangerous enemies and clearing the path here and there definitely saved turns, it probably wasn't enough to get him higher than 8th on this list.

9. Lana

Passed down staves, burned RN's in chapter 6 (which is actually an important contribution there), and had a few turn saving warps. Enough for 9th place.

10. Janne

Mounted return staff.

Item ranking:

1. Power ring

Without this all the boss kills would be impossible, as well as getting Celice promoted by chapter 7. I have no idea how many turns would be lost without it, but it would be massive. That's enough to make the power ring the #1 item of the second generation.

2. Hero Sword

All those boss kills... and Celice getting promoted on time. Without this I probably would have lost about a turn on each castle, since although other people could get the boss kill it would have taken more time. It also would have made some strategies impossible, such as Edda castle.

3. Rescue

Does this really need any explanation?

4. Leg ring

Cuts so many turns in so many places, of course it's ranked this high.

5. Elite ring

This allows me to promote Celice by chapter 7 and Leif by chapter 9. Needless to say, meeting both of these benchmarks save an enormous number of turns.

6. Light Sword

Definitely the second best weapon of the generation. Without this, chapter 8 would have taken much longer, and the Rotten Ritter and Axe Brigade would have taken far longer to kill. Celice even used it in chapter 6 to help get promoted quickly.

7. Magic ring

This allows Oifaye to one round at 1-2 range for much of the game which made clearing out enemies so much faster. It also let Shanan use the Light Sword effectively. A very important item.

8. Warp staff

A very useful item in any LTC

9. Prayer ring

Was involved in two different turn saving situations and once to increase reliability during Chalphy (so that all the meteor mages targeted Celice.)o

10.Prayer sword

See prayer ring, minus the helping reliability once.

11. Sleep sword

Without this Daisy wouldn't have been able to win the arena and my army wouldn't have been able to afford everything it needed.

12. Bargain

Daisy's cash was needed elsewhere, so this let Leif buy all the many items he needed to perform.

13. Balmung

Needed to kill Arion and thus secure the bargain ring, as well as very important against Alvis. However, Alvis could have been killed with eight Mistoltin hits if Aless had a power ring, but that would have been so unreliable and probably would have cost a turn due to positioning.

14. Shield rings

I'm not sure if anyone chose these, which is probably my fault since I didn't point it out in my commentary. Without these rings Leif and Celice would have been OHKO'd during prayer abuse, making a few turn saving maneuvers impossible.

15. Berserk sword

Lol you think I'm going to recruit Sharlow?

Honorable mentions and why they didn't get in:

The mistolteen just wasn't necessary. There was a ~35 kill steel sword from the first generation that would have been serviceable as another crit happy weapon for sniping enemies. It would have reduced reliability, but probably wouldn't cost turns.

Return ring/return staff:

Though together being able to return was very important, the functionality was split among many different items, so none of them made the list.

Knight ring

This item saved a lot of turns, but I'm not sure it was of the same order as other items. Anyways, this just made some strategies easier, whereas others would have been completely impossible without other items.

Earth sword

This item helped a lot with healing Oifaye, but just barely didn't make the list.

Skills:

1. Pursuit

Imagine how bad things would be if Sigurd, Celice, and Oifaye didn't have pursuit. How much harder everything would be. How much more rigging I would have to do if Levin didn't have the pursuit ring. Oh my god. Thank you pursuit.

2. Dance

No explanation needed.

3. Critical

Yeah... Once again, if Celice couldn't kill those bosses, that would be one turn lost per castle.

4. Elite

Celice, Lachesis, and Leif all wouldn't have been able to hit promotion on time without this nifty skill.

5. Steal

As we all know, MONEY IS IMPORTANT. Without this skill, nobody would be able to afford what they needed.

6. Prayer (this didn't count, but it deserved recognition)

Prayer always did something. It started quite quietly, making a few strats more reliable with Finn abusing prayer. Then it picked up, helping Lachesis clear arena fights. Deidre did some Levin level dodging at Macklily. Then base Celice and Leif survived some ridiculous things. It looked amazing, but prayer probably only saved between five and ten turns throughout the play through, which while significant isn't better than these other skills.

I'm too lazy to add up totals, but the winner of each category will get a poem written. I'll work out scores a bit later.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

I decided to save you the hassle because of that awesome playthrough and do it for you. Unless someone PM'd you or someone voted before chapter 9, 6 people participated for Units and 5 for the others.

Yojinbo got first for units, with a total of 13 points (Second was a tie between Shugey and Momogeek2141 with 12 points)

Momogeek2141 got first for items, with a total of 15 points (Second was BBM with a total of 13 points)

BBM got first for skills, with a total of 6 points (Second was a tie between Yojinbo and Momogeek2141 with 5 points)

Overall winner was Momogeek2141(1st), BBM (2nd), and Yojinbo(3rd).

I'm not sure if I screwed up my calculations. Is there any way to upload the excel sheet?

Edited by momogeek2141

@Momogeek I redid the calculations, and you were right, except for that Horace also got 6 points for skills. So Yojinbo, Momogeek2141, BBM, and Horace will all get poems when I get around to doing/uploading the Q&A. I'm also kind of regretting that I didn't do top 20 items. I chose top 15 because I thought that would be enough, but there are just so many amazing items in the second generation.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

Man, I'm sad to see this end. Have you tried any of the Genealogy hacks? The best ones IMO are Genealogy of Tordo and Neir, but the former is a little more challenging than the latter. It also implemented branched promotions too, and you can usually choose between a mounted or dismounted promotion. Little additions like those made it a great hack, but you did say you are done with FE4.

Man, I'm sad to see this end. Have you tried any of the Genealogy hacks? The best ones IMO are Genealogy of Tordo and Neir, but the former is a little more challenging than the latter. It also implemented branched promotions too, and you can usually choose between a mounted or dismounted promotion. Little additions like those made it a great hack, but you did say you are done with FE4.

He isn't quiet done yet, he has some ass left to kick in a draft ha :Diadora:

@Franku I still might play some drafts and will maybe do a rescue glitch LTC at some point, but I'm pretty burnt out on FE4 for now. FE4 is also pretty well worked out, so I'll have to look to other games for future LTCs.

@Yojinbo ah well, I feel nice, so you get a poem anyways!

Lol, not quite what I expected. I really think you can argue the order in a lot of ways. For any strategy that requires multiple components, one isn't really more essential than the other imo. But hey, it's all in good fun.

@Mekkah yeah, though I think I'm pretty confident with some choices (like Oifaye #1 for units) it's often really hard to say. I generally try and rank item a over item b if item a is necessary for item b to fulfill its role (think power ring > hero sword, otherwise Celice wouldn't have the strength), but sometimes it's somewhat of a chicken or the egg question. Like, rescue is needed to get Celice within range to do a double crit boss kill, but without the hero sword Celice would just hang around and get killed. Which one is better? I can't confidently say. In the end both ranking and guessing how I'll rank things is a subjective crapshoot.

Dude, congrats on actually managing to finishing this. There were so many parts that were super hype for me, like Oifaye being the best and Noish actually being pretty useful early on.