Good god, this game is tedious

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there are other units such as Oscar who are obviously good units with a place in most teams. The game is influenced so much by mounts that Titania is always going to be an incredible unit, units like Marcia are even going to come out a tad higher than her as well in LTC strategies.

Boyd for example is a great unit in his own right but not in the same tier, however slap a pair of wings on his back and you'll find yourself asking Marcia who?

True. It was actually kind of depressing that every character that joined with a horse was instantly better than every foot unit.

It was real cruel to give you Neph when you get Kieran at the same time. I'd say this game is even more favorable to mounts than FE4. At least the foots in FE4 didn't have to compete for deployment slots :smug:

I never got why Neph was considered really good by alot of people.

Don't get me wrong, 1-2 range, good growths, and coming shortly before a bexp dump is nice tho. Oh and being a better long-term investment than nonmounted/Ike swordies is something too I guess.

I just found her annoying to get up to speed with E lances and that base strength. But I guess it's my fault for trying to get Boxcar to promotion before that 4 part slog in the woods lol.

Bring back rate the unit.

I guess people found her good because they tried using her and it turned out she could survive and kill enemies if given enough attention. Which is what happens when you try to use characters in this game.

I never got why Neph was considered really good by alot of people.

waifu~

FE9 was (probably still is) my most played FE (think got up to Bryce recruitment) but I'm not sure I can go back after animation skip and such. >_>

I guess people found her good because they tried using her and it turned out she could survive and kill enemies if given enough attention. Which is what happens when you try to use characters in this game.

You're just mad because I gave Ayra every ring and the Hero Sword and she turned out to be the best character in the game. She has better stats than the mounts, yo.

Neph reeks more of "female Myrm that gets all the favoritism" than Mia does, ironically enough. She's on foot with E lances at base. Bleh.

Vantage Wrath Neph w/ Killer Lance is probably pretty fun though.

I like Nephenee but I never really play LTC much. If you give her the vantage scroll you get like 4-5 chapters after her recruitment it's a pretty solid investment. She starts off slow at a time in the game where a lot of decent units are also asking for some EXP.

However if you aren't planning on giving her the vantage scroll I think all she's going to be doing is "mop up duty" so to speak. Nephenee is a great unit in RD but she's pretty much the only investable unit in most of part 2 given the team of units that accompany her (Excluing 2-E). In PoR when she joins you already have a group of powerful units (Ike, Boyd, Titania, Oscar, Marcia, Lethe, Kieran) so you will be spoon feeding her kills to make her usable considering her base str + weapon level.

If you are willing to invest in her then it will pay off somewhat. If you aren't willing to do that then DevDan will substitute for her but he won't perform as well as Neph would.

But if you really want, you could use both? PoR is a bit generous with the amount of lance users you get anyway IIRC.

I don't know why E lances out of all things would be a big deal for Nephenee. Almost anyone's best weapon is an Iron forge at that point. By the time you get to forge Steel she should hit D lances.

Well if all she's doing is mop-up duty, it takes her a while to get to C-rank for Vantage/Wrath abuse. When I use Nephenee I normally end up having to give her an Arms Scroll.

Also Neph was the first playable Soldier (maybe they're in FE2 icr but lol FE2) so that's a plus.

I suppose you could give her an arms scroll? I don't think there is a lot of fighting over it, you could also sell it but I think you get a 10k gold dump in the chapter following.

It is again investing in a average unit so that they can fully utilize another investment (Arms scroll to properly utilize a vantage scroll with a killer lance) Again by no means a superior unit but she does have her uses in a few maps such as Day Breaks.