LunaticScreamer plays FE7if

LunaticScreamer

I'm shocked how BAD they nerfed Hector's caps. Aren't our units supposed to be inflated too?

Also, another thing that surprises me is that the Blue gem still sells for 5000 gold, despite every other weapon being at 5x buy/sell price. I fully expect gold/black gems further on, but it would be just like these developers to make you go all Thracia-style to earn your money...

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty, another update coming your way with...good god, chapter 12. This chapter can go die in a car fire for all I care.

[spoiler=ch12: How is this FAIR ?!?]

Well, this chapter is...a thing. Before getting into the meat of it, we've got a ton of fresh units that have joined, two of which are special.

khXAkFi.pngAZHIKop.png

Well now, look who's decided to join early. Standing in for Marcus is none other than Isadora. She wasn't anything useful in vanilla, but here...hoo boy, watch out when she can start gaining some easy levels because her growths...good god her growths. Her lowest is defense...at 55%. FE7if is an odd beast when it decides what vanilla characters get to rock and which get to suck.

She does have one weakness though...that con. She's going to get slowed down using almost anything better than an Iron Sword. Still, she can take a couple hits or pick on targets from range with her Light Brand.

M1Hy5Oz.pngCC3Qpji.png

The other new recruit of interest is this one, taking the place of Oswin. Her name is Meredia and she's a most welcome addition to Hector's army simply because she's a flyer. While her growths aren't sky high like Isadora's, they're still damn good. Only sub-50% growths are defense (45%) and resistance (35%). She can also promote later, an interesting twist considering most new characters don't promote.

Also, take note of her speed & move. Her speed is getting boosted by 5 thanks to her personal weapon which has 1-2 range and lots of uses. As for that move...10. Pretty awesome, that's for sure.

Now, for the vanilla crew.

ujArdc4.pngnSPCVWw.png8Vdt0JI.pngRRvPmfC.png

First up, the final lord of the game, Eliwood. If Lyn was skewed toward speed & luck and Hector strength & defense, Eliwood takes the middle ground. While you might think that makes him weak, that's far from the truth. His growths are very close to that of Meredia's, just with less defense & resistance growth. He also has his Rapier which boosts his defense by 5 while it's equipped, meaning he could potentially be as good of a physical tank as Hector if he gets enough defense from level ups.

As for the other one, it's Bartre, a Fighter much like Dorcas. His growths are quite close to that of Dorcas as well, trading in a bit of strength & defense growths for more stable skill/speed/luck growths. Toss in the usual quickened exp gain for Fighters and he will be a godsend once he has some levels under his belt.

vG6hem7.pngtSah3sb.pngMoIy0Un.pngwuwUX8d.png

Then, we have the token "Dammit FE7if why do WE have to get screwed over?" characters, Lowen & Rebecca. Lowen's growths are rather bad across the board aside from hp & defense while Rebecca has crap for defense and low con (She takes a -3 AS penalty using an Iron Bow. Yeah).

Even though they will get auto benched once Lyn's team pours back in, it's all hands on deck until that time so those two are getting trained.

Also returning is Serra & Dorcas. Serra is up with Hector's team while Dorcas is down with Eliwood's team.

Now, what am I up against?

H3GBSl3.pngAucsRsJ.pngOsWGXzv.png

V84r6mP.pngdcVYZtB.png

Uh...oh dear, oh dear. I like how several of my party members can get doubled by some of the enemies here.

Also, note the Pegasus Knight. There are ~5-6 of them on the map, some of them having 8 con. Enemies having freaking CON growths? Apparently, says FE7if.

Do I dare ask what the boss is like?

Sf3GNBM.pngOR9iZ5s.png

...I think this is the part where I cursed the name of FE7if for the first time. I'm not going to complain about the 67 hp, but rather the absurd stats. Basically, he crits someone and they're likely dead in one hit, even Hector if his defense growth has failed him even in the slightest.

Did I mention that speed? Even though that Steel Axe is giving him a -3 AS penalty, he can still double two thirds of my army.

Want to know what's worse? This asshole MOVES. Not right away, but after a couple turns rather. Still, if he feels like going south, things can and probably will go to hell in a handbasket.

...Ok, so I probably brought this on myself by selecting Hard Mode, but still...did the hack creators consider BALANCE when dealing with this chapter? Evidently not!

C5F5kiQ.png

Gotta love shitty hit rates because of balance fuck ups, don't you? Luckily, Rebecca hits.

vvQ8mkB.png

As for strategy, Meredia rescues Serra and brings her south where she will be sorely needed for her healing services. Hector is distracting enemies up north with Matthew hiding out in a forest should any random enemies head his way.

Meanwhile, Dorcas is in a fort fending off a Brigand & Archer with Bartre luring in a Pegasus Knight for Rebecca to shoot at (seen above).

DhihhFU.png

Don't you love getting doubled? Luckily, Eliwood lands his blow.

26bfezN.png

Ok, this should be fine. Archer shouldn't be able to kill anyone.

9cUQjsW.png

Meredia's here to try baiting the Mercenary over her way to take some pressure off Hector (who's tanking like a champ by the way).

0clJLS0.png

Balance? Who needs that? Not this hack!

N0ivxEL.png7n9AQc7.png

Meredia's baiting plan works, even getting a crit in the process.

kkfmzOC.png

Hector levels while continuing to tank like a beast. That's the good news.

Pqgwqua.png

The bad news is that balance is still out the window and Bartre kicks off from being doubled by the Archer. Good thing I'm save stating periodically and reloaded it. Meredia didn't get her crit again sadly, but at least Bartre survived this time.

zIikyTR.png

Hector re-gets his level.

VBH903m.png

Archer boxed in, meaning Bartre can rake in some sweet experience once things die down.

LGLL0Nq.png

Ow. Isadora got roughed up something fierce here. She'll live though.

7NQEVG9.png

Unlike this girl.

iBSpTDB.png

This guy at least knows how to survive a deathblow. Good for Bartre!

W81K174.png

While you don't see it here, the boss has started moving south. Great. Luckily, I can fix this, hence Meredia picking up Hector and flying south.

lIkvAgC.pngxusibjb.pngisNj7yA.png

Rebecca & Bartre work together to drop the pesky flyer with Bartre getting his first level. Not too bad, but FE7if demands speed & defense sir.

NlKmeKY.pngbLi4D3Z.png

Eliwood finally claws his way to a first level. Speed!

beWN5C9.pngQBHrSRq.png

Isadora breaks out her Light Brand to greatly weaken a Brigand while Matthew uses an Elixir in preparation to take the boss's incoming attack (That's him next to Matthew's hp bar there).

p6VQfp7.png

Boss hurts like a train.

z6Sa5Ka.png

Bartre begins his leveling career in earnest against the poor blocked off Archer.

NiZZTgN.png

Matthew has lower defense and can't counterattack you idiot, act like a good derpy Fire Emblem AI unit and beat up on the poor Thief!

giVcf2A.png

Alright. Now, what's going to happen here is that Matthew is going to sit on a fort and break the boss's Steel Axe because I need to boss abuse. Yeah, I'm not putting up with this imbalanced crap and I'm going to make my army competent.

Anyways, Matthew can take two hits back to back no problem. Three hits in a row (Hit rate was like 33-38% or so weaponless?) will kill him though.

lRMp3NE.png

Like so. Magical rewind button go!

qKZKi6O.pngUDRDjxw.png

That took awhile. To boot, he's an asshole without a weapon on as he is almost impossible to get onto a fort when that happens, hence why I need his last hit of his Steel Axe to occur while on said fort. He's surrounded now though and primed for grinding.

z0EZarY.png

Getting Bartre to 20 wasn't that hard actually. He got 30-40 exp per hit, meaning he could complete his training with only one weapon.

Go1FfQI.png

Others, like this guy, couldn't do that due to only getting 10-20 exp at best per hit and had to settle for lv10-12. Eliwood doesn't mind though. He did need a use of Dorcas's Energy Ring to do any damage to the boss on the fort though.

AyquAMI.png

Isadora only gets like 5 exp a hit sadly so this is all she could get besides Swords-A. The sooner she can hit Swords-S, the better.

LjebY31.png

Offensive stats still a bit under par, but her defense is quite good.

nZ856nT.png8urUcZl.png

These two got their training in last. Because I didn't want to burn any more Energy Ring uses, I let the boss off his fort once everyone else was done training and let them plink at the boss until he was near death. Lowen's got alright defense while Rebecca is stacked up on speed to offset her weapon weights a little. Here's hoping they can get some more speed or defense in the upcoming chapters.

MOKia6d.png

Weapon shop! I sold a Lockpick & Blue Gem to get 12,000 gold, then used a portion of the funds to get an Iron Sword & Axe (this was taken post purchasing spree).

As for the village on this map? It has a Secret Book. The usual 3 use and +1 stat boost per use deal here.

r2b2CK3.png

Everyone's done training and getting supports up and firing (Bartre & Dorcas have a C support, Lowen & Rebecca likewise have a C support, and Eliwood has C supports with Hector & Meredia), so Hector finally ends the life of the punching bag boss and this stupidly imbalanced chapter comes to a close.

Death Count: Bartre (1), Rebecca (1), Matthew (1)

Next time: Something not as bullshit hard, yay!

[spoiler= Growths & Comments (Isadora, Meredia, Eliwood, Bartre, Lowen, Rebecca)]

Isadora's growths:

Hp: 95% Luk: 75%

Str: 65% Def: 55%

Skl: 60% Res: 65%

Spd: 70%

Shocking, a vanilla non-lord character that got BUFFED. Granted, her terrible con is going to hamper her early on as well as her low exp gain until the midpoint of the game, but she'll be rocking the house when that comes to pass, no questions asked.

Meredia's growths:

Hp: 80% Luk: 55%

Str: 50% Def: 45%

Skl: 55% Res: 35%

Spd: 60%

Not quite as solid growths as Isadora, but still damned good. She can even promote later and continue amassing large quantities of stats. A bit of a slow start, but she's a solid unit as FE7if wants.

Eliwood's growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 60%

Str: 50% Def: 35%

Skl: 55% Res: 30%

Spd: 55%

Nearly identical growths compared to Meredia, just with switched speed/luck growths and Eliwood having lower defense/resistance growths. A promotion in his future also helps things.

Bartre's growths:

Hp: 105% Luk: 35%

Str: 70% Def: 35%

Skl: 40% Res: 30%

Spd: 35%

Better than Dorcas stat wise. Slightly less strength & defense growths alongside one less point of con, but much more stable skill/speed/luck growths as a result. Quickened exp gains thanks to being a Fighter help too.

Lowen's growths:

Hp: 100% Luk: 45%

Str: 30% Def: 55%

Skl: 40% Res: 30%

Spd: 25%

Just awful, plain and simple. Only hp & defense, arguably resistance, are the decent growths. Even better when considering he's going to be ousted after Sain & Kent return.

Rebecca's growths:

Hp: 65% Luk: 50%

Str: 30% Def: 20%

Skl: 75% Res: 55%

Granted, she will get ousted when Wil returns and her con is terrible, but she has a bit more utility than Lowen simply because nobody else is capable of using bows until that time comes to pass. Just watch out for her awful defense and hope she doesn't get strength screwed with a growth like that.

I know a 100 hp boss appears during the Canas chapter. As for normal enemies...want to agree with Klok on Dread Isle there (though that only applies to promoted enemies really. Unpromoted enemies are still running with 50-60+ hp at least).

Anyways, here's an update to kick off the morning.

[spoiler=ch13-13x: Merlinus joins!]

Nothing special to kick off the chapter. Everyone that got a support last chapter kicked them up another level. Bartre placed himself in position to intercept an incoming Wyvern Rider on the first enemy phase while Isadora broke down some roots leading west to a village.

h5Ly7ZX.png

First enemy phase isn't much to write home about. Flyers trying to cause chaos really.

J9cgsN5.png

So much for your high defense, ha!

RyT6prw.png

Of course, non-flyers aren't doing much better honestly.

Cc8oqpH.png

Not much happened on the next turn. Rebecca offed this Pegasus Knight, Hector & Eliwood took out the other one, Isadora finished off the Cavalier that attacked her last enemy phase, and walls were sent forward to keep Rebecca from getting turned to sludge with the Brigand in the way getting owned something fierce.

bsxSbSm.png

Good thing I got all those levels last chapter, otherwise Wyvern Riders like this one would be a nightmare to deal with. Even then, half my army can't do big chunks of damage to it.

DCOXjiP.pngKFlkait.png

That is, unless you're these two who completely and utterly invalidate this threat with criticals.

9jaTUbE.png

Oh hey I think this village had a Mine in vanilla. That'll help me stuff it to a stupidly hard...

OPu3zcC.png

Oh SCREW YOU! FE7if doesn't want me to have any fun.

NSj0QOz.pngNT07kPM.png

Isadora reaches the northwestern village and finds our good buddy Merlinus, scoring a Torch and tickets for everyone to head into 13x.

K718l29.png

FE7if's version of dodging bullets ala The Matrix shall we say?

IfIFzuO.png

Tricky situation here. This Myrmidon highlighted has a Wo Dao with a very high crit rate. Coupled with his skill, his base crit rate is in the low 50s, meaning any low defense units had best stay far away from him. He does have one weakness though...

S9ilq8b.pngui93d6q.png5u5W3bo.png

Matthew can recruit him on to our time, thusly giving me that Wo Dao to use for critting hijinks.

In any case, this is Guy and, surprisingly, is a good combat unit for this stage of the game unlike Lowen & Rebecca. One, he gets hard mode bonuses (His bases are 28/7/11/13/5/5/0 in normal mode for reference). Two, he can support with Matthew and shoot that crit rate, among other stats, higher.

Growth wise, it's surprisingly good. Not Isadora or Meredia levels of good, but quite acceptable nonetheless. Just watch out for his low defenses as his growths there aren't the best.

cZ3bvbk.png

I should really remember to not keep flyers in range of bows.

nwZHFhR.pngN5jQQRd.png

Rebecca tries to kill this Cavalier, but misses. Guy doesn't miss though.

S7TMi2u.png6xsRWpK.png

Rebecca grabs a useful level weakening a Cavalier while Guy gets an equally good level killing a random enemy. Forgot to screenshot his first level, but it was skill, speed, and resistance.

kzvQ7Yg.png

An Archer is cornered for Guy to wail away on for some easy experience. Meanwhile, a Cavalier came to harass the party. Eliwood isn't standing for this crap and sends him packing.

gqcw9z2.pngEaID7mW.pngEIZg3sn.png

Guy's levels while he cut the Archer down to size. Not bad at all.

AGVXBBM.png

Grabbed another Iron Sword from the shop here.

Wl7ocuR.pngYi0B9yy.png

Granted, the boss is on a gate and thusly has 28 effective defense, but he's not doubling anyone anytime soon.

UWZNtNZ.pngg2KRqlE.pngoRXW9cZ.png

Try as he might, the boss couldn't dodge Hector's attacks all day and he eventually went down. Hector's close to ramming into that defense cap which is good. On to 13x after everyone grinds up support points.

Now, you'd expect that protecting Merlinus would be a pain in the ass on 13x. You'd be correct, but...

CsxWd1h.png

Alice is back, taking Merlinus's spot. While she's not quite as capable of killing things as she was in chapter 4, she's still has her uses here.

Anyways, most everyone is going to try pushing north and get close to the boss. Meanwhile, Isadora is going to block the western passage and Guy the southern one for a bit. Quite a few enemies coming from each direction there.

jeyicvs.png

Eliwood gets this attacking a Myrmidon.

F3icLzW.png

Guy failing to critical twice, yay.

F6toPEg.pngcwrdv3j.png

Meredia hits this village up, and for good reason. She literally has to fly out here right away if you don't want to see it get destroyed by the 2nd turn. After that, she's mostly useless for the next few turns due to lots of Archers & Nomads.

hFF0A2w.png

Guy failing to comprehend the meaning of dodging a deathblow.

At this point, I realized I wasn't going to be able to deal with the boss in a timely manner with all the rabble around, thusly I restarted the chapter.

H0CO5BZ.png

Eliwood gets a more useful level this time.

0SFDT6C.png

Ok, might actually get somewhere this attempt, assuming half the enemy army doesn't turn into a meatshield wall of doom.

8QPJZGn.png

Ok, looks a bit messy, but perhaps Matthew will eventually be able to do something up northwest?

xlpnLk1.png

Nope! He's going to need Guy up here for his support bonus so restart time once again!

7lSoZLx.pngb1iQCMH.png

This time, I'm smart and rig a critical hit to blow a Myrmidon away. Precious resistance!

ZjEAgLp.pnghflZz6m.png

Ok, much better situation here. Eliwood's blocking the bridge going east and Guy's coming up to boost Matthew's chances of survival.

l24kDRC.png

Guy doesn't kill this Mercenary, but he gets a damn good level for his efforts. Also, I think he's gotten resistance on all but one of his level ups. Amusing.

dOJxq4A.png

Alrighty, this is pretty much the best shot I'm going to have at luring the boss in. Guy kills the Mercenary he attacked last turn and everyone else does something or whatever.

6m78P9n.pngFhOFkb3.png

This is why I needed Guy up here to help Matthew. Yes, the fucker has an Angelic Robe that he'll drop, but good luck surviving a round of combat with him unless you have defense up the ass and don't get criticaled. Did I mention the boss is using a Brave Sword? Because he is.

0WeeqbK.png

Isadora moves here now to keep Serra safe on that side.

8Becz7P.png

*Insert Price Is Right loser horn theme here*

Cr79r2Z.pngho9oe2x.png39UN7GP.png

Last turn and Matthew, while not having a good chance to try stealing the Angelic Robe due to needing to patch up with the assistance of Serra, did weaken the boss with the help of Alice. Rebecca chips in a bit as does Meredia, putting the boss low enough for Eliwood to come in and make the kill.

Afterwards, just needed to make sure all my blockers had enough hp to weather the final enemy phase and 13x is over with.

Death Count: Bartre (1), Rebecca (1), Matthew (2), Guy (1), Dorcas (1)

Next time: Catwoman perhaps?

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Guy)]

Guy's growths:

Hp: 70% Luk: 45%

Str: 40% Def: 25%

Skl: 55% Res: 30%

Spd: 75%

Unbelievable. A vanilla character that didn't get hit with a giant spiked nerf bat. Pretty good all around, but watch out for his defensive growths.

Edited by LunaticScreamer

Yeah, I think it really says something about FE7if when it can be compared to Corrupt Theocracy. I mean, it looks like the leveling curve is going to SLAM 20/20 once the main game actually starts. Also...

DAT BOSS HP

Don't you know, big numbers automatically make a game good!

Man, those makers totally took the "more=hard" approach to difficulty. I'm not seeing much strategy here, just finding ways to get past imbalanced enemies. And yeah, don't forget about the Torch staff glitch!

What I'm wondering now is, when are you gonna get a tent?

Man, those makers totally took the "more=hard" approach to difficulty. I'm not seeing much strategy here, just finding ways to get past imbalanced enemies. And yeah, don't forget about the Torch staff glitch!

What I'm wondering now is, when are you gonna get a tent?

Difference between FE7 CM and FE7if

CM: Every enemy has a different approach to being beaten, rather than just relying on RNG and abuse of op things

FE7if: Make everything steadily more op and unkillable as you try to compete against them with characters that get increasingly obsolete while acquiring new op characters along the way.

Torch glitch...oh yeah, I know one chapter that's going to be PERFECT for utilizing that glitch on. That's not for a long time yet though.

In the meantime, have another update.

[spoiler=ch14-15: Cameos from other games!]

wgQB9ia.png

First and foremost...FE7if surprisingly didn't screw you over with getting Merlinus at a stupid time. He joins up here with the most appreciated tent. Don't have to worry about inventory management much now!

Also, despite that big group of enemies at the start, it's not too bad. Dorcas can kill a Soldier while Bartre greatly weakens the Knight while everyone else frail gets out of the way.

Guy is going to park near the southern cliff in anticipation for an incoming Pegasus Knight. Hopefully he can kill it.

Now then, Isadora had some very important work to do so I had her barreling southwest.

aiHjv1d.png

It didn't go so well because I was doing so good with positioning Meredia (who also has very important work to do here).

After a restart, I had Isadora wait next to Meredia. That way, Meredia could rescue her and I could have both of them able to clear some space around the southern village.

GerZ4mb.png

Granted, this screenshot was from my first attempt before trying the "carry Isadora" strategy, but Meredia's first stop regardless is to visit this village and get that Iron Blade (Take note of green army unit Erk there. He'll be saved, don't worry).

X15beYM.png

Well now, you're sure a colorful girl. I'll just take my Iron Blade and...wait, where's my item get screen?

IWtRGNR.pngZJ8lsiK.png

On second thought, this is a MUCH better reward.

If you're familiar with the game Breath of Fire 2, then you'll recognize this girl as Katt. She's unique for the fact that she has no weapon ranks, preferring to use her own unique weaponry, both of which are very good. That 50 use one is great for anti-horse & armor crusades (though it does slow her down a tiny bit due to its weight). Both weapons also grant stat boosts of +3 spd & +5 luk, making her into a nice dodge machine once she can start gaining some levels.

Speaking of her growths...new character, what do you expect, BAD growths? Hardly. Granted, her hp growth is a pinch low, but she's quite well off otherwise.

Also, based on those caps....yep, she's going to be able to promote later on. If you played through the entirety of Breath of Fire 2, I don't think I need to tell you what her promoted form is going to look like. We'll cross that bridge when we reach it though.

WGhgGwu.png

Here's how it looks back at base. The Knight will go run and heal up while the Soldiers will more or less suicide on Bartre & Dorcas. The one up by Serra will end up attacking Erk, but whatever. I sent Lowen that way to rescue him, then bring him back to home base so Serra can talk him back into our army. Katt can make her way back on foot.

As for Meredia? She's bolted south, then managed to dodge a 78% accurate shot from an Archer like a boss....and she was carrying Isadora to boot.

Wm1E6W0.png

Hector caps defense and gets even closer to his speed cap (why 15 why) as he trades blows with a Mercenary.

A8lwnA5.pngUmtiXyj.png

Meredia dropped Isadora down by a couple Cavaliers, then swooped on over the southern village. On her next turn, she enters it and finds a new unit for the team, Priscilla. Her durability is almost nil (Just about any physically aligned enemy is going to one shot her at this point), but she makes up for that by being mounted and a healer, even if her magic growth isn't the best. I foresee her sticking around for some extended amount of time until I get my actual endgame healers.

6rwQtwG.png

Wanted to feed this Mercenary to Rebecca, but she missed so Matthew took the kill. Hector & Eliwood are just fine against that group of four units down there.

V9kbOtI.png

Katt's back at home base. She'll be guarding the bridge for a bit due to some incoming enemies.

vQjFf0G.png

Guy continues to be good as he finds a random unit to turn to sludge with his Wo Dao.

PrY0H0b.png

Might be hard to make out here, but this is Katt about to crit the face off of a poor Soldier.

xKk6bkw.pngeJc55cE.png

Oh boy. Isadora, Meredia, and Priscilla need to haul tail back to home base fast. This message indicates the boss is about to move on his next turn. Luckily, rain starts to pour down right after this, giving Meredia some time to shuttle Priscilla about halfway to home base so she can ride the rest of the way there while Meredia doubles back to rescue Isadora and bring her quickly back to base.

Speaking of the boss, I forgot to take screenshots of his stats so here's the rundown on him. High stats all across the board (were you expecting less?), two nasty weapons (Killer Lance, Silver Lance). Being on horseback though makes him crash & burn quite hard once he gets into the range of Eliwood & Hector.

Rt1NjQZ.png

Eliwood grabs a level fending off a Pirate. More resistance is fine by me.

YbTWCpC.png

The boss finds Hector and hits him with the Silver Lance. Hector retaliates with his Wolf Beil and does quite a bit more damage than he took in that exchange.

MtptbJJ.pngSY1QQBy.png

Guy apparently became a giant blade of light to smite down his adversary. The RNG gods decided to give the gold star to him for that performance.

FP0E5YA.pngrcmuvBW.png

On the next turn, another Wolf Beil hit allows Eliwood to take out the boss for an awesome level on top of the Killing Lance he dropped.

cJ1LSNm.pngNDNZR1i.png

I am so good at remembering to keep frail characters away from bow based units. Rewind a bit, place her somewhere where she isn't going to be owned, we're all better!

DHU3Ajk.png

On the plus side, before I had to rewind there, I got to see this happen to three enemies who thought they could kill Guy.

MTUqUfa.png

Priscilla pick up her first level patching up some wounds Isadora took fending off a couple enemies. Useful simply because it had hp which isn't all that common for her.

hpjVhYe.png

Map is pretty much over with at this point, just a few stragglers left to kill. There's a Brigand up north trying to reach Merlinus, but Bartre makes him think twice with a pair of axe strikes to the head.

hSWrCyv.png

Rebecca misses this shot, what a surprise.

XmkO4pR.png

Eliwood steamrolls past a Cavalier.

VINicnJ.pngiVHBUiR.pngcWp5Sn9.png

Before Guy sent this Archer packing, Meredia & Rebecca took potshots at it to pick up some levels.

hYIMnQf.pngIzuqW4R.png

Only one enemy left so I get all my support grinding done (Katt's going to get a B support with Isadora by the time the next chapter concludes), then have Hector grab another Iron Sword from the armory before Guy finishes off the last enemy for yet more resistance and the end of chapter 14.

Chapter 15!

nYkjTFO.png7h6ryVY.png

Gotta survive for seven turns here. Not that hard to do in all honesty, but there's extra work to be done that rewards well for your efforts. To do this, someone needs to bait out the boss as Eliwood does before the first turn ends. Everyone else is assigned to kicking the tail of the incoming enemies (though Meredia got nailed by another bow user and dropped to 1 hp, yay).

nlj2Vsa.pngGu6bk9z.png

This is about the point in the game where female units tend to have much better stats than their male counterparts, usually seen in mounted units like these Nomads (the female is on the right).

OpHenud.pngyP5kLJP.pngliO6jLI.png

Eliwood's plan has worked to reel in the boss. As you can see, he has a Dragonshield he'll drop upon death that I want...and it's going to be easy as hell to kill him. He's equipped with a Longbow that has 2-3 range. Good stats and all...but it has 19wt, casting the boss's AS into oblivion and making it easy for Eliwood or Hector to double him.

Slight problem though...only one of them can attack the boss due to the other enemies in the way.

N7Aa7nd.png

Luckily, Hector's B support with Eliwood is just enough to one round the boss, netting this good level for him as well as the Dragonshield. One away from capping speed!

ieHw4rs.pngzb5wgDN.pngpBrErVw.png

Things are looking good here. Lowen got roughed up badly by a Mage & Archer, but all's well.

Next task to do here...have Matthew steal the Thief's lockpick, then have Lowen shuttle him to the west with the help of Meredia. Bartre & Dorcas clear the trash in their way. Katt had to come down and rescue Priscilla the turn before lest she get turned to sludge by a nearby bow user.

jIttGnY.png

Gotta love that 21 speed Thief, eh? This is why I wanted Matthew to have capped speed before the end of Lyn's story.

r86eW13.pngtVbM9pS.png

Getting near the end of the chapter, Katt gets her first level beating up the Thief while Priscilla gets a level of her own patching Katt up.

A5tSSOU.png

Silver Axe? I can get behind that. The other chest contained a Mend staff.

FpXjmLd.png

Merlinus takes one for the team. No fucks were given that day.

Not much else happens before the chapter ends, just the usual walling off to ensure everyone (important) survives.

Death Count: Bartre (1), Rebecca (1), Matthew (2), Guy (1), Dorcas (1), Isadora (1), Priscilla (1)

Next time: My nuclear army of four returns!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Katt, Priscilla)]

Katt's growths:

Hp: 65% Luk: 65%

Str: 60% Def: 40%

Skl: 45% Res: 45%

Spd: 55%

Katt's pretty amazing. Good bases, good growths besides hp being a very slight bit underwhelming. She just needs some help early on as she's rather frail until she can get some levels to boost her survivability.

Priscilla's growths:

Hp: 45% Luk: 40%

Mag: 35% Def: 25%

Skl: 35% Res: 55%

Spd: 70%

While her growths are rather weak besides speed & resistance, Priscilla is still very useful by virtue of being a mounted healer. Just make sure you don't let anyone attack her and she'll do alright.

The one other thing I really hate about FE7if is that Lyn Mode is basically required if you wanna play HHM/EHM. Not only that, but boss grinding at chapter 10 is ALSO required. Terrible. I took the opposite approach and took Lyn Mode out completely, because it's terribly boring and pointless to force for the player.

Edited by Klokinator

The one other thing I really hate about FE7if is that Lyn Mode is basically required if you wanna play HHM/EHM. Not only that, but boss grinding at chapter 10 is ALSO required. Terrible. I took the opposite approach and took Lyn Mode out completely, because it's terribly boring and pointless to force for the player.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong when im playing FE8HM on Ephraim's route and i'm still slightly struggling despite having Seth. Probably because Lute is not promoted yet. TIME TO GRIND SOME MORE!

Alrighty, time for another update.

[spoiler=ch16: Lyn's team returns!]

jGKtXtI.pngJ0uy4Le.pngcmh88Kz.pngKmE73xY.pngw0oG8Uz.pngJ0xmlKA.pngnN0fxN4.pngcw1uMc1.png

Pictured: My life getting much easier from here on out.

Also to note, three characters here have S ranks from grinding in Lyn's story (S-Bows for Wil, S-Axes for Sain, S-Swords for Kent). Having an S rank grants you an extra 15 hit and 10 crit with that weapon type.

KJOQol8.png

Of course, they have to start out far away from my team. No problem. They just have to deal with a few minor enemies, hit up a village, then travel north where they'll eventually meet up with the rest of the team on the way to the boss.

6lP0Jns.png87vjOi2.png

Pictured: Two Pegasus Knights that Wil lured in, forced to attack him at range. The encounters end predictably of course.

QVHQXe3.pngtLTZXoX.png

Back up by Hector's team, They've moved into position to counter the first wave of enemies coming at them. Rebecca here lures in a Javelin using Wyvern Knight and was intending to weaken it for someone else who really needed the exp to kill, but she was content with slamming a critical down the beast's throat on her 2nd hit, netting a good level in the process. Strength's all she really wants at the moment since she's not going to be around after this chapter.

mGuSrIR.png

This Thief actually stole a pack of 3 Vulneraries. All part of the plan because he has a Lockpick up for stealing.

Rj5kUyJ.pngXwv2N9N.png

Female Myrmidon on the right there who's located by the southern village Lyn's team is going for. Surprisingly not as assholish as the female Nomads because she's using an Iron Blade which is really chewing into her AS.

jeS9B2b.png

Being able to turn the tables on FE7if's difficulty for the time being feels so good, heh.

7QsCG6T.pngq2uWMDT.png

Hector's team is doing pretty well, but the constant flow of enemies with high hp means they're not going to be pushing forward quickly anytime soon. Florina uses this time to visit the village by the water for a Red Gem.

JrHs5xH.pngHpNTN5i.png

Fucks given by Lyn's team while dealing with the female Myrmidon: 0

Also, a Heavy Spear from the village. Useful for dealing with armored units.

hjlBkEz.pngEjKKYsO.png

Spellcasters finally make their reappearance in Hector's story. This Mage soon meets his end on the next player phase, dropping a Fire tome in the process. This will go in storage for now.

UNRWMM1.pngwqvoRmM.png

Katt: Dodging like a boss!

mWAY7iF.pngI0CKrGo.png

Katt: Not dodging like a boss for several fights straight in a single enemy phase!

Yr3pOYG.png

Barely survived this shot with single digit hp, but whatever, she's alive now.

Ve54TR4.png

Eliwood grabs a level weakening a Cavalier. More resistance is always nice.

2nR2zXe.png

Rebecca kills Eliwood's weakened Cavalier and continues to get strength.

trm3nG9.png0bPZCsy.png

Matthew's here intercepting some Brigands to keep some heat off the team while Lyn's squad is almost reunited with Hector's army.

ICvWjjp.png

Meredia: Spearing things in the face with the power of FIRE!

eClTEW2.png

Guy picks a random target and murders for a good level. Perhaps could do with some more defense, but strength is also good.

JOtroep.png

Lyn's squad is wrecking the difficulty curve of FE7if right now and I love it.

mGMUPvT.png

Ballista ass kicking in two turns or your money back!

yS5ZybR.png

A small group has broken off from the team to intercept some reinforcements that are going to be coming from the northwest for a few turns.

Bm2y1rN.png

This guy's arm just got Dead Space'd in attempt to hit Isadora. Whoops!

ixTV3Ms.png

Tanking it up something fierce against a random Mage, then watching Kent remove almost half of the spellcaster's life in one blow. Still loving how I'm telling FE7if's difficulty to shove it right now.

pY2lcOU.png

Enemy reinforcements finally arrived. Sadly, there's about 6 competent units there about to ruin the shit of each reinforcement that comes in.

6IHGiT9.pngNslzBC7.png

Meanwhile the rest of the team has reached the boss. Some strong weaponry and lots of defense, but hardly the worst FE7if has thrown at you.

Also, while I haven't been touching on the music, I have to here. The boss theme for this particular enemy is Valkyrie Profile's normal battle theme, "The Unfinished Battle with God Syndrome". I don't know why, but I laughed for a good few minutes the first time I played this hack when I heard that.

VDCdXXx.png

Sheesh girl, 3 straight levels of gaining strength on a 30% growth? Nice! Shame you're going to be going to the bench after this though.

7H8Zh3M.png

I wanted an excuse to grind Priscilla up to 20 so I had Hector drain all the weapon uses from the boss. She turned out pretty well, all things considered. She'll just need a Guiding Ring to promote and then she can use the two anima tomes I have stashed away.

RNjoTgH.png

Figured I might as well top off Katt's level before letting Hector end things. Not going to complain about more defense on her.

bVkcXJO.pngQLMZqMG.png

Hector ends things, then caps speed. Strength will hopefully follow soon.

SZ0hZKI.png

Now, while supports are being raised, Florina is doing some shopping. Before selling stuff, I grab an extra weapon for Katt.

EKKf9wA.pngmT8oE6z.png

Screwed up weapon prices for the stats involved? Nice one FE7if!

Death Count: Bartre (1), Rebecca (1), Matthew (2), Guy (1), Dorcas (1), Isadora (1), Priscilla (1), Merlinus (1), Katt (1)

Next time: Handing a map its ass on a silver platter!

Alrighty, let's kick off the morning with another update.

[spoiler=ch17: Handing a chapter its ass on a silver platter]

0S7cQED.png

Starts out easy enough, but there's actually a reason besides high hp enemies that this map is a challenge. All in due time though.

3fRFC29.png

Certainly not because of female Nomads with much higher stats than their male counterparts of course.

lRuyRji.pngERtaqB2.png

It's also not because of some of my units being able to steamroll through the competition, that's for sure.

QEh1NZ2.pngEy8CrVJ.pngneTBpQ5.png

While this girl taking the place of Raven is notable, it too isn't the reason.

Oh yeah, see that Cavalier wedged in between those two closed off rooms? It's a bow specialist. Hope you didn't have plans to save all of the Soldiers locked up there except for Ash who isn't dying anytime soon.

9yEAUYF.pngXMSDzv4.png

Archer's hitrate status: Can't strike the broadside of a barn!

xoHLcMf.png

Since the team can't go much further until that girl comes closer, Guy takes this chance to drop an Archer, capping his skill & speed for the effort.

oCqVnoY.pngMnO6D4R.pngvSuhQC4.png

Girl is in range so Hector drops on by to chat with her and convert her to our side. This is Milia, probably, in my opinion, the second most broken character in this hack. Her bases are batshit insane (she gets Hard Mode bonuses too, heh), her growths are almost as good as Isadora's (10% less speed, 5% less hp, 5% more skill compared to her), and her personal weapon there boosts speed by 5 and has good Mt.

Milia's one problem early on though...like Isadora, her con is pretty low, meaning she's eating a penalty from basically any axe aside from that Bronze Axe (The weapon below her personal weapon there).

Finally...for me, her support options aren't going to show up for awhile yet. Just a minor concern in the grand scheme of things

9xFmmdR.png

Here's why the map is challenging. This Thief appears after a few turns, then a buddy of his follows on the turn after that. They're going to dart for the northern treasure room, steal the treasure, then escape. I've been hauling ass since the map started and even then, you're not likely to get there before they can open the room.

What you can do though is block them in the room. This is why Sain & Kent are so useful for this chapter. While they can pick up kills, both are tasked with moving like a bat out of hell to that treasure room.

7TMbhOJ.png

Aftermath of everyone's turns. Priscilla is indeed going to go where the arrow is here. Both of those enemies only have 1 range weapons and she can afford to take one hit right now.

Also, if you're wondering where Bartre, Dorcas, and Meredia are right now, they're on guard duty down south since reinforcements come in there after several turns. Priscilla herself will eventually book it down there to lend a healing hand.

9yKxhgq.png

Milia swats away an annoying Archer, allowing Kent to run full speed ahead to start intercepting the thieves.

o9fUwc3.png

Katt likewise does with the whole swatting away annoying enemies tactic, this time on a poor Knight.

UewhD7L.png

Hector makes it 3 for 3 on annoying enemy swatting away tactics, gaining a level in the process.

t5cU1r0.png

Sain gets rid of the last obstacle between him & Kent reaching the northern treasure room.

m8v9HIf.png

Oh, something that managed to be a threat? Sadly for this Fighter, he's the only one in the vicinity that can actually damage Kent worth a damn. Too bad!

yLGeLbS.png

That would be both treasures stolen (the other treasure the Thief swiped is a Silver Sword). Sadly, Sain is about to block the exit out.

6ae52D4.png0nCBIAW.pngPT2nGLi.png

Milia took a detour east to go murder the female Cavalier and have a chat with Ash to bring him back on our side. Randomly given Lightning tome that I'll likely be selling for free gold later? Works for me!

Also, Ash rescues the nearby green army Soldier so he doesn't get his ass killed off in a stupid manner.

XgtV1fV.png

Finally, the reinforcements down south begin appearing.

6BpsNw7.png

Sometimes, certain reinforcements will ninja jump past your defensive line if they were assigned to appear on a square an enemy is currently occupying, namely the Nomad to the east of Meredia.

oPTIFdj.png

Nomad: Denied bow using capabilities!

2mRcxDc.png

Matthew's up at the treasure room now, stealing back the Knight's Crest and both sets of Lockpicks. The one Thief with the Silver Sword will drop it when he dies, a feat I'll have Katt do when Priscilla can get back up this way.

Also, I have Sain rescue Matthew here because I wasn't sure if the Thief could steal back his goodies, but turns out they don't care about doing that even. Hell, they won't even actively try to attack someone next to them, making them possible grinding chances for anyone on your team.

D1Q0xva.png

Meredia increases her killing power by stabbing a random Nomad.

VTcFtkm.png

Matthew gets shuttled down south by Sain as they hook up with the southern team after they finished dealing with the reinforcements, slaying a random Shaman along the way while Matthew looted this treasure room for a Hero Crest, as shown here, and the other opened chest there that had an Unlock staff (20 uses!).

C26sTtE.pngXqMqng3.png

Already knew who was getting this long before I reached this chapter. The usual absurd promotion bonuses shore up the one stat Dorcas was lacking in while also giving him C-Bows.

This is why I like Dorcas & Bartre so much. Once they promote, they become my anti-flying hotshot duo, able to drop damn near any flyer in a few attacks, if that. Bartre will get his Hero Crest in a couple chapters.

TDwDruf.pngr8bgaBx.pngiaiAUqd.png

Katt's training begins, grabbing her first of several levels from this chapter and reclaiming the Silver Sword. She also takes out two Knights, a Mage, three Archers, and a Nomad, leaving only the boss alive.

5TMJADA.pngH4gUcUD.png

Nothing special really besides being on a throne, automatically making him an annoying jackass to hit and tanky as all hell.

AitSztO.pngvgH4xyQ.pngAnSQON7.png3FVlCtU.png

Drained all uses of the boss's weapon again so Katt could have counterattack-less assaults on the boss, using the last shot of her anti-armor weapon to do the killing blow with help from Kent getting it set up. At least her defense is ticking on up quickly.

After the boss went down, the usual support grinding took place before the throne was seized.

jqRUDBW.png

Random loot award, yay. Also, free tickets for everyone to visit 17x. That's good too.

Death Count: Bartre (1), Rebecca (1), Matthew (2), Guy (1), Dorcas (1), Isadora (1), Priscilla (1), Merlinus (1), Katt (1)

Next time: How a character with a 0 in a stat and 0% in a growth is actually useful.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Milia)]

Milia's growths:

Hp: 90% Luk: 75%

Str: 65% Def: 55%

Skl: 65% Res: 65%

Insane growths, simple as that. Her endgame potential also makes her into the second most broken character in the hack. Just watch out for her low con early on as that will hamper her use a tiny bit until Body Rings come into play.

I like how Katt is just a Rogue animation edit, and Millia is a sprite theft.

The only one that isn't a theft of all the new characters so far is Katt and Ash, an awful splice and a recolor of Klein respectively.

Another update, but for a relatively short chapter.

[spoiler=ch17x: Portside massacres]

2Zk9J4m.png

A relatively calm chapter before the bitchslap heard around the world rears its ugly head. There are some trouble enemies though.

fS5dy9i.png

First and foremost, Isadora is going to visit this house before things get underway.

bqzS4Zy.pngcOctrzF.png

Reward is a new unit and one I'm going to owe my life to in the battles ahead. This is Canas and there's a few things to mention about him.

The first and most obviously apparent thing? That lovely 0 luck with a matching 0% growth. Yes, that's stupid, but it isn't crippling to Canas as all that means is that he simply can't get into a scuffle with any physical spamming enemies early on, lest he risk dying in one hit.

The less obvious flaw? He has all of two support options, one of which doesn't appear until almost the end of the damned game. Luckily, his other option is Bartre so he'll be aiming for a B support with him.

Now, for the positives. Canas starts a trend with all vanilla characters that join from here on out, namely having a promotion item already in the inventory. You wouldn't be blamed for promoting him now as his bases are pretty solid across the board, but I'm going to get those last four levels for him before promoting and take advantage of his growths.

Speaking of his growths, they're actually meh by FE7if standards, but still, Canas has suprisingly good defensive growths for a spellcaster (35% defense, 45% resistance). If he can get a bunch of defense level ups, that crippling attraction to getting critted by a physical brute becomes less and less of a concern.

3VyO25I.png

Defensive line for the majority of this mission. Katt & Canas are going to deal with Pirates coming from the north, Sain is going to tank a few incoming Pirates from the west, and Bartre prepares to intercept a surprise coming on the 2nd enemy phase.

ESpB2Ri.png3cWO0SH.pngDCzUPkH.png

Katt's first scuffle occurs when a silly Pirate tries to attack her. She responds by critting his face twice, almost killing him and getting basically every stat I want for her in a level.

q1eYFgi.png

And here we go. The boss just invited himself onto the map with some of his buddies and they all are going to beeline it for your team.

Uubd2FL.png

Silly Pirate attacks Sain, gets his face melted off with a critical. That's good.

Cnh8WOj.png

Halberd wielding Pirate against a mounted unit? That's bad.

julc9Yu.pngexVFafa.png

As for the boss, he's got the almost always deadly Brave Sword with a Killer Lance in backup, but more importantly...see that -- for his hp? He's the first boss to have over 100 hp. Lovely.

lhMPEah.pngytx34sJ.png

There's also this cohort riding with the boss. Absurd speed that lets it double a good portion of my army. Physic thrown in too for maximum annoyance!

As for the two Wyvern Riders? They're going to crash into Bartre who'll happily injure them.

T0EmZEg.pngbu76T95.png

Canas gets critted off this mortal coil while my plan for trying to deal with the boss didn't go as planned. Rewind time! Let's see if the boss will go for the bait...

g67kjXJ.png

Perfect! The boss went after Eliwood this time who had his Iron Sword equipped to lure in the boss with prospects of high damage. With his supports up by him, he can tank the boss's Brave Sword strikes while chipping him down with the Rapier, so long as Priscilla heals him up every turn or every other turn.

zwZWHiF.pngwBrIQX2.png

Eliwood switches to his Rapier for maximum ass kicking, then decides he's not having any of the boss's bullshit and pulls off a critical hit & normal hit, knocking the boss down to 1 hp.

GYLSfby.pngUi3wPcU.png

Isadora rescues Priscilla, then Bartre rescues Eliwood, allowing Hector to come in and finish off the boss. Still hasn't gotten that last point of strength, but I won't complain about him getting more skill.

JkYix49.png

Couple more turns later, Wil removes the other big threat from the board.

PeobqXx.pngxEqUnRQ.pngnwJn24v.png

Weaponless frontline on all sides so Canas can do some random magic blasts and start getting levels. Speed & defense are the two stats I want him getting the most.

tPiPSsu.png

Time to lure in the central enemy group.

UQAjMBL.png

One of the central enemy group Pirates is using this dangerous weapon, the Devil Axe. Yeah, it tanks the user's AS to 0 or very near that. What makes it truly dangerous is the very high mt, high hit, and decent crit. Any, and I mean ANY enemy that crits with this is killing off whomever it touches, unless he/she has 28-30 defense and high levels of supports.

7Tssh7n.png

Of course, the Devil Axe still retains its (31 - user's luck)% chance to backfire on its user as this Pirate finds out on his next turn.

pudiASf.pngXDlC1Q1.png

Canas beats up on the Devil Axe using Pirate to grab his last level, then Eliwood comes in to finish the job for a level of his own.

IJjxU7Q.png

Eliwood then crits the face off an incoming Pirate on the next enemy phase.

AnmTpqa.pngFuc5twv.png

Canas uses his Guiding Ring to promote. Just keep on getting more defense buddy!

Oh yeah, he also gets C-Staves, meaning Priscilla doesn't need to be burdened with healing duties as badly anymore.

afDgw5Y.pngYcuQnrG.png

Isadora pulls off a not too surprising level, given her growths, as she does some chip damage to an Archer. She's also closing in on S-Swords. Shouldn't be too much longer before she gets that.

5GuGToA.png

Guy. Random target murder. Level. Not going to complain about more luck on him.

w09Mqxs.png

Won't complain about more strength on Meredia either.

0KVeV5o.pngXcpfOMu.pngayLJtfl.pngXjgc1wl.png

With all the enemies save for the two at the end killed (which you shouldn't kill for obvious reasons), Eliwood & Katt go raiding the rest of the houses for some good loot. Sain could make good use of that Devil Axe, not gonna lie.

bLeGoAF.png

WHY DO MEND STAVES COST 15k ?!?

zrYidlw.png

Hector comes up and has a talk with the Berserker to end the chapter.

Death Count: Bartre (1), Rebecca (1), Matthew (2), Guy (1), Dorcas (2), Isadora (1), Priscilla (1), Merlinus (1), Katt (1), Canas (1)

Next time: The most bullshit chapter since chapter 12!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Canas)]

Canas's growths:

Hp: 70% Luk: 0%

Mag: 40% Def: 35%

Skl: 55% Res: 45%

Spd: 30%

Canas's growths may look lackluster at first, especially having no luck growth to speak of. However, he has a hell of a lot of utility when he promotes simply by being a staffbot.. Being the only dark magic user for a long time to come also adds points in his favor. One of the rare vanilla characters that I take almost all the way to the endgame.

So, will that Breath of Fire person be getting any new weapons anytime soon?

Also, FORTY WEIGHT? Seriously?

Yeah. I think chapter 18 has a shop where I can buy another weapon for Katt, but I want to say Dragon's Gate is where I get a brand new weapon for her if memory serves me correct.

Also, to give you a bit of a preview as to why I hate the upcoming chapter...

E1FJpdP.jpg

This came from my previous playthrough when I didn't have enough strong party members to take the ship I start on. Picture having to manage this for roughly 11 or so turns with occasional flyers coming in.

Granted, I won't be doing that in the upcoming update, but yeah. Chapter 18 can go die in a car fire.